Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Your picture on this site

A fried had a photo of me doing drag at a Halloween party posted on the wall in his office, i could be standing right there beside the photo and people would ask him who that was in the photo...sometimes even who that girl is in the photo.. at that point it was plain to me most people would not know me if they saw me dressed. i recently even changed my photo here from the one with me and my wig to one of just me and my real hair. while it is long in boy mode i wear it back in a ponytail and most would never think it looks like it does when i style it and comb it down. So those who know me could look at it and still not see me.. so i really don't worry about. Also i am getting more open about being a CD so i guess i don't really care as much anymore either..

Well, my avatar is a photo of me, and I'd prefer it to show all of me, but until I change jobs, it has to remain a low-res photo with the face blurred. I figure this is the best compromise I can accomplish just now. Living in an at-will employment state, in an extremely conservative town within that state, and working in a job where I occasionally interact with children... it's just not worth the risk to my career yet. Once I'm more comfortable with my femme face (hopefully soon!), I may post a better face shot in my profile, but the avatar will have to stay anonymous for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisIsBob View Post
    ?.. in an extremely conservative town within that state,...
    I would never encourage you to jepordise your job, and of course no one knows better than you what is best in your situation.
    That said, I always thought that I lived in the heart of convervativeism, home of George Bush jr. , Dallas Texas!
    You know we Texans hang you for reading the wrong books!
    But you know what? After very little research on the web, I have discovered that the Dallas/Ft Worth area has one of the largest and most artive CD/TG communities in the country.
    In the padt I always dreamed of spending a weekend in New Orleans, so I could go to CD friendly places. (and I still love New Orleans), but its easier to find CD's and places to socialize with them here!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by JessHaust View Post
    Hi everybody,
    This is a simple question to ask, but I expect some complex answers!
    We all have supplied a picture to represent ourselves. A lot use real photos of ourselves, and most are I think like mine, one that you feel presents yourself in the best possible light.
    But there are still lots with a cartoon avatar, graphics symbol, or a stock photo of some beautiful girl.
    The question is for those without a real picture of yourselves, why? Is it simple embarassment of the way you feel you look? Or are trying to express some ideal image that you have assigned to yourself? Or another reason that I have just not thought of?
    For me, my avatar represents the ideal image of the woman I wish I was born as and strive to be in whatever way possible (even taken her last name When I feel I have her look perfected (I'm still very new at this) and gain more confidence I will post a picture of my true womanly self

i really enjoy my dressing but its just for my wife,so im pretty private on the web ,but very open and honest about everything. and i just love the look of my avatar

There are a handful of people on this website who have seen my real picture, and one who I have met in person. They can tell you that unfortunately for me, I could never in a million years pass as a genetic male. I identify as a transman, but my outside does not match my inside at all. I don't want to confuse people, I already get called "girl" often enough with a masculine looking avatar and male name. *sigh*

The other (and more important) reason I don't post a real photo anywhere on the internet is because of all the potential weirdos, and other IRL people who I don't want to have too much information about me, mostly my crummy ex-in-laws.
    Last edited by Andy66; 01-28-2012 at 04:07 AM.

I thought about posting a picture for my avatar, but I am still reading around and seeing how non-cd's who browse this site are viewed.

Back in 2010 I had a bunch of pictures that I took while dressed en femme. I made a MySpace account where I added some of these pictures, but I edited the color settings on the pictures and blocked out the face so that they would be unrecognizable if anyone whom I knew happened to stumble upon the page. I know that few people (and practically no one in my circle of friends) use MySpace, but still, I prefer to be safe than sorry. I still have some of those pictures, but since my face is not even visible it seems pointless to put them up.

So for now I'm settling for this cute doll image I made last week with a doll creator. I saved the file to my computer and then added this little light green background and black border in Paint. If I had been born as a girl I would have liked to look similar to this. I think it's a cute kind of look but also attractive...it's the kind of girl I'd like to date but also to be, if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteboy101 View Post
    I thought about posting a picture for my avatar, but I am still reading around and seeing how non-cd's who browse this site are viewed.
    It depends on your (perceived) motives, and how respectful you are.

Even though I am a part timer, I am pretty happy with my look enfemm, most of the time!!!

Let the games begin

HELL IM TO OLD TO WORRY !!! I JUST LET THE CHIPPS FALL WHERE THAY WILL ?? But I guess everyone is different . How will ya know how good or bad ya look dressed if no one ever sees ya ?? So maybe thats something to think about ?? But if they do see ya then they know an its PARTY TIME ,,,, Cats out the bag then ya mite make a whole bunch of new friends ??? Hell everybody always thinks that something bad is always going to come from this ,,, You already know that we are all over the place so the ones you worry about mite just be one of your own friends just waiting for you to make the first move ??? Any how tell em this
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

i use my real picture still tring to figure out how to post new pitcures they heep saing somthing about re sizing

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Be careful about this. it became apparent as we increasingly went out in public, people just seemed to "know".
    Reine, I totally agree that context could link girl me to boy me. My wife and I never go out together in my small town. If someone saw her with me, it would be logical to being to associate all the common links we have in our memories. I could be identified then. But without the context, ie alone, I am 100% certain that no one would identify me. Again, the context of makeup, wig, clothing is so different from the male me, it just couldn't happen. They may see a "crossdresser" but that's it.

I have picture(s) of me online and as my avatar. Some dont. There are losts of reasons, including privacy issues as well as lack of tech knowledge. It realy doesnt mattert to me too much. Im here to interact with others and most of us wil never meet so it doent matter too much to me. I just try to accept people for who they are here. I took down my pics at another site for a bit, because of the attitude that some posted, no pics no chat. My opinion was then i dont want to chat with you if you feel that way. Just my 2 cents.

I don't have any photos to post. Unfortunately, I have few opportunities to dress, much less time to attempt putting on make-up. I'm just waiting for the time to fully dress with make-up, and hopefully get some shots. If only I could talk my wife into doing my make-up...

Eva

I chose a picture of how I would like to look. I do not have any pictures of me dressed, mostly because I could not pass but partially because I want to keep somewhat anonymous.

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    I really do know I do pass (as a guy in a dress).. but yes the picture you see here is real, only the names have been changed to protect the innocent.

Beth
    Find me on Facebook
    Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator):
    What we do in this life, echoes in eternity..

You can fine me here on Facebook!