Thread: staying feminine longer

staying feminine longer

In the past years I would get the urge to shave my legs and dress just before Halloween usually at the end of September to the end of December I would do those little things that all girls do to keep up on body maintenance. I have worn polish on my toes longer than I ever have , I can't stop shaving my legs and putting on moisturizer to keep them soft and smooth. I have visited the nail salon more in the past 6 months than I have ever even going back for color changes between pedicures, what's happening to me , It is starting to feel normal to treat myself more and more like a woman does daily. I do like what I see but I am getting scared that I won't stop shaving and I have vision. of laying out in a cute one piece by the pool with my red polished toes and smooth legs getting tan with oil. I just started shaving my chest totally and my nice round breast look great smooth and moisterized. . I think I am starting to accept Denise as part of my like before I didn't accept her but went with the flow. Does anyone else feel that they are loosing a grip on their man card because I feel I lost mine and can't seem to find it

I don't feel I'm losing the grip on my man card even though I am starting to push myself further and further down the line just like you are doing. The man card is still there.

Unfortunately I know who I am. Right now I have been daily living as a lady. It's just me and my daughter right now. She has a very good accepting friend here also. They forever enjoying going anywhere with me. It's never a problem.
    I know that I have to be me for work, even though I'm semi-retired, but I have been looking for TG jobs. It's not always easy. Nothing is more cool than going out to eat, and being treated like a lady, being called a lady, and enjoying your time with your daughter, your make-up guru. So if I lost my Man Card as you so said, it wouldn't be a big deal to me. I imagine my wife would be upset. She likes that card every once in a while.

Toodles,

Trudy
    Trudy Evonne Monroe

I can promise you this: beauty - comes from the inside not the exterior surface. Beauty is not something you put-on...it's something you bring out. Many sisters get so caught up in trying to improve their appearance that they fail to enjoy the pleasure of becoming beautiful. ¨Renee Reyes¨

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I think that the need to have a balance is important. I used to do a lot more girl time than what I've seen in the last few years, now I need to go back the other way a little.
    Dana Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by DanaR View Post
    I think that the need to have a balance is important. I used to do a lot more girl time than what I've seen in the last few years, now I need to go back the other way a little.
    Yes I agree about the balance, there is a part of me that really wants to get my ears pierced but I must hold off, like most girls said having smooth legs all year long ain't no big deal no one notices, I spend many days in shorts in the summer, it just feel better to me , would I rather wear a sun dress on those hot summer days Yes but reality says NO!! The color will come off the toes when I start wearing sandles again but the colors are so great I will miss that. I really need to work on loosing some weight for a more feminine shape, that should be my real goal now. It is Just that I am starting to get used to treating my body like a woman does it just feels good, No I am not as manly as most guys, I guess that comes with the territory!!

Sounds like you have moisturizer addiction if you ask me! Lol. You have some special formula?
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

If you try the one-piece this summer, I do suggest suntan lotion instead of oil. Skin cancer doesn't sound fun. (BTW, one-piece is very classy )

All of my swinsuits are one piece.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I got my ears pierced 20 years ago, most people don't notice and I am very happy I did. I just started juicing today after watching "I fat, sick and nearly dying". I have a plan of to lose twenty pounds by march. Actually I have been enjoying my shaved legs so much, I am working up to keeping them shaved throught the summer. I didn't think about my toes having to go naked in the summer. drag.

Platinum Member
    My experience over recent years is similar to yours. I've gradually incorporated dressing into my life to the point now that I am dressed full time, except when necessitated to do otherwise.

So, am I giving up my "man card". Yes and No. I present as a woman at home and in public as a way of expressing a very large part of the person I am. But I still have situations and circumstances that require me to present as male - and that's when I feel like I'm cross dressing.

We all change with time and experience. I've asked myself whether I'm experiencing the dreaded progression that might lead to transition. That would suggest that I'm changing inside - moving more to the TS end of the spectrum. But I don't know...I may simply be expressing more obviously, a part of me that has always been here. I know I dreamed of dressing and presenting as a woman as a child, a teen and an adult, but repressed those desires. Now, they're not repressed, so they free to come out. So maybe its a little of both.

Quote Originally Posted by DeniseNJ View Post
    Yes I agree about the balance, there is a part of me that really wants to get my ears pierced but I must hold off, like most girls said having smooth legs all year long ain't no big deal no one notices, I spend many days in shorts in the summer, it just feel better to me , would I rather wear a sun dress on those hot summer days Yes but reality says NO!! The color will come off the toes when I start wearing sandles again but the colors are so great I will miss that. I really need to work on loosing some weight for a more feminine shape, that should be my real goal now. It is Just that I am starting to get used to treating my body like a woman does it just feels good, No I am not as manly as most guys, I guess that comes with the territory!!
    Girl i am there with you, It think sometimes it is the Pink Fog, that everyone talks about. BE good to yourself
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

I admire/envy those of you who have the courage to be in the "zone" more than just a few momments. I sense that the "man card" is made of rubber and can stretch to accommodate a lot.
    Laura

Like right now, I have the payless site loading and it's BOGO time. I want some new heels and sandles what's wrong with me it's like I am acting so female at times.. I just polished my finger nails a bright red but need to take it off before I go to bed, work in the early AM I also felt like dressing some tonight and I feel very calm and relaxed..

Pick a card, any card....
    Oops, no, that's Cheryl.
    Nope, wrong again....lol.

My "man card" is there, it's just in a deck of Cheryl cards... becoming something of a Joker these days.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Well, according to the gender police, my man card was a counterfeit!!...lol. I am in the same predicament you are. I am Katyana a minimum of 5 days a week at this point in my life, and I love it! I am way past the stage of lingerie and sexual stimulation and am now focused on learning everything there is to learn about how to be who I have always felt I am.

Kim my cards are similar, since becomeing single 16 months ago, an spending so long in isolation and hideing in my house. I finally embraced my womanhood and started comeing out of my shell more and more. I now am dressed almost all of the time too, except for the service calls for work, Laura is now present and accounted for all the time, it feels wonderful to finally be out and about.
    My man card can stay in the deck from now on, just wish I could work in femme and people would understand, anyways its fun to wish. Enjoy what you have and these days you need to, life is getting to short not too, my thoughts

I found my Man card, it was torn and shreeded but it was mine. It had the word sissy after my name LOL I had to take the polish on my toes today , a few were chipping and a girl can't stand to have chipped polish . Lets see how long I go until I visit the salon for a pedi and the challange will be what colors next .

Quote Originally Posted by DeniseNJ View Post
    denisenj!

dont hold off getting your ears pierced, its such an beautiful part of being a girl wearing lovely hoop earrings and long dangles! i admit the 1st initial shock to your friends is a bit much, but most get over it after 1st sight and there will never be another comment about it - go for it!!!

I still seem to be hanging on to my"man card" but I feel my grip slipping away.

I have been wearing panties for many years now, and am now starting to wear bras regularlly as my chest seems to be growing.

I have been shaving legs and underarms for several years as well?

While I don;t outer dress as a woman these days, I find that I am wearing more and more uni sex things, coats, tops etc

The urge is growing to go to more female clothing all the time, and I think I am about ready to jump in with both heels.

Dee

Classic Lingerie Lover
    My original "Man card" was stamped "Temporary - Part-Time Only". I almost never use it. Most of the time I"m a male imposter.

Hugs,
    [SIZE=5]Cathy[/SIZE]

I have been shaving my legs, armpits, chest, back etc for a couple of years now. I also keep my eyebrows plucked, paint my toe nails, have long shaped finger nails and moisturise daily. I guess my 'man card' is getting lost somewhere, and Katie's is taking over. I don't mind at all though. I would love to get my ears pierced, and my belly button, but my wife has said no to those. So i need to respect that request for now

Wink Man Card

Maybe I am losing my man card, but I get the sense that it is still there...It seems to be evolving from the "Jack of Spades", to the "Queen of Hearts."..:

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I was at an annual physical a few years ago and my doc and I were talking about lifestyle and I mentioned that I saw no reason to give up to the aging process. He looked me in the eye and very seriously said, "Fight it! There is no reason to give in to aging. Fight it hard"!

Well, that got me to thinking for sure and for the next few days I payed attention to older men and women that I met. The women, by and large, looked terrific! The men, by and large, looked anything but terrific. In fact, they walked stooped a bit (or a lot), had rough faces and hands, had hair growing for everywhere one could observe (yuck), and generally looked unkept! I suddenly saw my aging process in a new light.

Luckily, being transgendered we have access to all manner of products to keep us looking better and being healthier. If losing my "man card" means looking like hell as grow older, then you can have that man card! However, I don't see what's unmanly about looking good! I heard an interview with one of baseball's top center fielders about a month ago. During the interview he admitted that he moisturized every day, had manicures and pedicures on a regular basis, along with facials, etc.

Maybe the real man card is looking great and feeling great for as long as possible! After all, if a GG is going to choose between an older man who looks terrific and one who looks like they've given up on life, which would you think they would choose?

Just a thought

tina

Quote Originally Posted by Katie83 View Post
    I have been shaving my legs, armpits, chest, back etc for a couple of years now. I also keep my eyebrows plucked, paint my toe nails, have long shaped finger nails and moisturise daily. I guess my 'man card' is getting lost somewhere, and Katie's is taking over. I don't mind at all though. I would love to get my ears pierced, and my belly button, but my wife has said no to those. So i need to respect that request for now
    Katie you look terrific, keep up the great pampering it is becoming of you. I tried to grow in nails long and shape them. For a while I enjoied the longer nails and when I polished them, I felt so feminine. One day I was handing my wife some pictures and she noticed my long thumb nails rounded and shaped so fem, the wife said cut those nails you look like a queer so off they went. On the pierced ears my Job don't even let guys have pierced ears, I am crying discrimination here, Maybe in a 3 years when I retire . I can't wait to feel the sensation on long dalgling earings or big hoops as I walk and turn side to side..

i like my man card =/