Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peeked out of the closet

Quote Originally Posted by dominique View Post
    Great news. But be aware the first flush of acceptence can be wonderful, she might change her mind some time down the line. That's when the questions might come so be very careful. It can happen any time.
    This was my experience. OK at first then not. My advice is to take it VERY slow. Try just talking about it with her first and express how it feels for you. My ex-wife was always worried that I was gay and wanted to be a woman (very common fears), so expect those questions down the line. Don't push anything on her or force her to participate until she comes to you first. Be open and honest, but remember in relationships (successful ones anyway) there are always compromises.

Congratulations on coming out to her and enjoy your new relationship! It is a brave step in fully living your life! Make sure she knows how lucky you are to have her and let her know she is the BEST!! xx Patti.
    Ummm...yeah...what Shania said.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/57310119@N04/

Hi

Please remember to be kind and listen to what she maybe ISN'T SAYING.
    Don't get mad if she asks the same question more than once [ I ANSWERED THAT ALREADY !] Maybe your first answer doesn't match what she sees or feels.

Please remember This is the scaryist time in your lives together. Just as you may change , so may she , so treat her like the lady she is.. She can't read your mind.
    Ask her if she has any questions if you think she's struggling, this is all new to her. Maybe she doesn't know what to ask , so please be patient.
    One last thing, She needs people in her life other than other cds so be supportive of her welcomeing cis-gender people into your lifes and home. Don't play the reverse prejudice game I've read/ seen so much. She really needs friends too.

My Opinion
    Presh