Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PURGING:feeling guilty-destroy all clothes..

I've purged a couple of times.

Once when I moved to the U.S. about 17 years back, once the last time I got married about 14 years back.

I'd never do it again.

carolynhcd

Stephanie, you darling girl, please tell me why you feel guilty. Can you really try to think it through and put it into words? I used to live on a high cliff above the Pacific ocean and it was almost always foggy there. One night I was driving up the hill to my house and realized that I had stepped back, for the first time in my life, from the endless narration that was going on in my head. You know, like, "Gotta change lanes, put on the turn signal... God these panties just do NOT hold me in well at all... remember to wash your platinum wig tonight... get some nail polish in any other color besides ***** red...is there anything I can eat in the house?" etc. There were other things being said in my head as I drove and I tried to listen in a new, abstract way and realized there were many voices speaking in my head and they were not all mine. There were my parents and teachers and priests and friends. I realized that everything we do is governed by a narration in our heads and that many times that is NOT our voice speaking. I don't know if this will make sense to you, but I wish you would try to tell what it is that makes you feel guilty. Put it in perspective: you aren't harming anyone by being beautiful Stephanie. You're not damaging the planet, not killing, not polluting, not breaking hearts (although, if that is really your picture, you will), so, in the grand scheme of things, what's the big deal? I hope you can add to this thread and please let us all help you to realize that you are doing the one good thing. Love, Carolyn

Windy's got a great idea IMO. Although I'd rather keep a few more outifts than that.
    [size=2]~Kristi~[/size]

Carolyn is quite right to question why we should feel guilty. Trouble is that our society has developed to its present point of civilisation and sophistication by making and following certain rules and conventions, and anybody who pushes the envelope is either an anarchist or a revolutionary. Society will always protect itself against people who carry such labels. It's called survival. :mad:
    [SIZE=3]crispy[/SIZE]

Thumbs down No Guilt ! ! !

Actually, it has been the revolutionaries that move us forward... break the static molds and allow new ideas to take root. All of us are the pioneers of a gender revolution and the new girls, hopefully, will be able to step into our heels without the fear and guilt that has plagued our lives. If not... if the mold cannot be broken... there is still the safety of the closet because transgender identity will exist no matter how much freedom we have... or don't have.

All of us are capable of allowing crossdressing into our lives if we look for the solutions and the balance. This forum is one of the best places, that I know of, to find that balance and the solutions to our dilemmas of spouses, family and friends. Thank you, World Wide Web ! ! !

Okay, I can't help it... I'm a Hippie... it's in my nature to revolutionize injustice.

So... about purging... I still have my first dress!!! For a long time, I kept my stash so well hidden that sometimes even I couldn't find it... but I never did purge. Everything I had was too hard won and the "risks" I took to gather the few items I had was emotionally exhausting. No way was I going to get rid of any of it. I just became an expert in stealth... would have made the CIA envious of my techniques. Now, however, I have been down-sizing because I just had too much and most of it I never wore... and never would. No one, and I mean, no one... needs 75 pairs of panties. <<<LOL>>> I know, some of you will argue with me on that one.

Anyway, I agree with most of the other ladies... that you just don't purge. Store it somewhere... bury it in a water-proof container... whatever. At least, don't do it because of guilt or shame. Sometimes, it is best if you do, like CarolynHCD said in her post or just realize, that you eventually will have to replace it all. That is a fact!!!
    [size=3]---Jen---------[/size]
    My personal mantra: [size=3]Guilt Sux ! ! ![/size]