Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I know I'm in the minority here

I know I'm in the minority here

I am a man who wears ladies clothing. I don't like the idea of having a female persona on these forums. Part of it might be that I only dress in the privacy of my own home, so i've never had to present that version of myself to the rest of the world. And who knows, that might change my perspective. But at the moment just because sometimes I like to look like a girl, doesn't mean I am any less of who I am as a man.

I went about a month once where I would dress daily. I figured, well lets see what shaving the legs is all about, so I shaved them, and didn't dress for a week after. Maybe having the shaved legs was enough femininity for me to not need to put on the bra and panties, but after about 2 days I was regretting the decision to shave my legs in the first place. Apparently I like my leg hair almost as much as I like my goatee. I tried shaving that off a couple months ago just for a change of pace, and immediately decided it was a horrible idea to shave and started to grow it back.

I certainly am not judging you ladies that take on female personas on this forum (or in real life). I get it. I just know it's not for me

Everyone is different and if the simple act of dressing floats your boat then great. Enjoy yourself doing it and have fun. Dont worry if you like your goatee and hairy legs. Some cders just love the clothes and the feelings they feel while wearing them.

Actually, you wouldn't be the first or second person here with those preferences, so welcome! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Violetgray View Post
    Actually, you wouldn't be the first or second person here with those preferences, so welcome! :-)
    I figured I wasn't We are a diverse community. I just thought it was interesting, since every post seems to start out "hello ladies" and what not. Not to say that I was feeling left out (ok maybe a little bit), but I figured I would bring it up and see who else was out there!

Hi,

Its really about being able to accept who you are , not try & be what your not. Tho of cause that wont go down nicely for some because they see what they are doing as quite different. ,

We are a very mixed group of people, so comes back to accepting of others for who they are.

...noeleena...

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I have been a crossdresser for many years! But, like you, I am a man first! I have never had any desire to be a woman, and my late wife knew that which is why she accepted me as a crossdresser! We might be in the minority, but we are still part of a very large family!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I think its great you know who you are and can accept it. For myself, I spent years in denial and depression, full of self hatred, eventually I accepted who I really was, a woman (well, mostly accepted, its still hard some days), so I don't adopt a female persona, or try to be something, I'm just am,
    Running, jumping, climbing trees, putting on makeup when you're up there, just like the army, except for the talking squirrels.

Facebook

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    In so many ways CDing is like any other hobby. We progress in it and are in a costant state of improving our equipment and abilities. When we start, we all seem to try to find the perfect equipment so we won't have to spend more time and money getting new stuff and learning new skills. We all seem to do it. It's just how hobbies and interests progress.

We all progress through stages that we are sure we will never move past. First bra, first heels, first skirt, first tops, first wig, first makeup, first facial hair removal, first leg shaving, first arm shave, first breast forms, etc., etc.. Many of us, maybe all of us, stop at one point or another and progress no further either temporarily or permanently for any number of reasons. A few of us even quit the hobby and move on to something else. Some even come back and start again. The parallels to other hobbies, interests, and sports are incredibly striking.

So we all pretty much accept each other at whatever stage we are in or choose to stay in. That's sort of the very essence of participatory pursuits. Welcome to the sport!

Everyone's different and nothing stays constant forever...I loved my mustache for 30 years but one day.. **boom** gone! My wife asked why I shaved it off? Told her it was time for a change. Little did she know how big the change was! Lol. She found out a few years later....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

The most important sort of freedom is the simple freedom to be what you are. So go with it, Arrows, be yourself!

(And if I ever unthinkingly call you "Girl", you can just call me "Jack".)

Best wishes, Annabelle

Platinum Member
    to each their own. You're welcome here.

That's fine. Since we are all wired differently, this is a great place to air out some of those differences.... in a positive manner...

So I guess what I'm saying, is that you're welcome here....

Renne.....

Aspiring Member
    You are certainly not alone. Just because we might enjoy the sensation of attempting to make ourselves look like a girl or woman, does not necessarily mean that we are one, wish to be one, or have some sort of duality to our persona. I am mostly closeted, but have ventured out to a few CD functions. I have experienced having shaved legs, underarms and chest and back many times and enjoyed the sensation, but have reached the point where I limit it to whenever I have an outing planned. The few months it takes to grow back, can lead to a few tense moments if it is during the summer, but nothing has been said to me to date. As I am retired, I neglect beard shaving for weeks on end. I like the somewhat scruffy look, but do not like having either a beard or mustache for comfort reasons (I find it gets itchy), so eventually it comes off, but that has nothing to do with crossdressing.

I like to think of my crossdressing as a hobby, but for a while, that seemed to offend many who considered that it was demeaning to their transgendered status, and insisted that it was a much deeper issue than a recreational pursuit. In the past few months, I have noticed a slight trend toward acceptance of the hobby concept as a legitimate description for many of us, as we are such a diversified community. It is refreshing to read a thread such as this.

Veronica

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica27 View Post

I like to think of my crossdressing as a hobby, but for a while, that seemed to offend many who considered that it was demeaning to their transgendered status, and insisted that it was a much deeper issue than a recreational pursuit.
    Hi, Veronica! If CDing is a hobby for you, I personally have no problem with that. It's not a hobby for me, much more than that, but it is what it is for you. I don't see any reason to get upset about that.

Annabelle

Variety is the spice of life...so, be spicy!
    Don't let my name fool you...I'm really an angel.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicola2876 View Post
    Everyone is different and if the simple act of dressing floats your boat then great.
    Yeah... If we were all the same I'd have no one to argue with! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Yeah... If we were all the same I'd have no one to argue with! Lol.
    I disagree with that Karren!

What was the question again?lol

Welcome. You need not apoligize as we do not judge your decisions and more than you judge ours. Dressing is an individual decision based upon individual likes and dislikes. You are more than welcome here.

This is a nice thread.

It’s showing that we are all different and yet are all accepting of each other. [Well most of the time]

Am I to understand that you are concerned about being accepted by the rest of us?

I come here because we are all so accepting of each other.

SUZY

We are all in the minority here as far as life goes. So enjoy yourself!

The expressions so far are perfect and well summarized by Lynne Marie. You are not a minority...we all are but have found this group to keep from going nuts.
    Laura

The good thing about private home-alone crossdressing is that there are no rules. I have been out and I like it, but I stay home much more and I really like it because there are no rules. I am a guy and identify squarely as one - I just like to dress up occasionally. I have a femme name, even if I don't self-identify as female - it's just part of the transformation fun. Also, the first time I went into a tg-friendly club, I was greeted with "Welcome -what's your name?" Nicole sounded better than my guy name, and even better than "uh........um....."
    This is a support site for crossdressing in all its forms, but in my years here I have felt that it is being increasingly dominated by the feminine identity types, and the interests of the pleasure dressers like me minimized.
    If you crossdress, for whatever reason, you belong here. You don't need a feminine persona.
    Last edited by NicoleScott; 01-19-2012 at 02:48 PM.

If you count the lurkers, you might not even be a minority. There's a whole range of us and given the fact that transexuals and CDs far enough along the spectrum to try to pass seem to dominate the conversation, I suspect a lot of men in your position might actually feel reluctant to speak up! I feel a little wary of not being accepted as a "real" crossdresser because I have no wish to lose the beard - it's too important to my male side. I have read on here some CDs judging bearded CDs as "mere fetishists" rather than real TGd CDs.
    hugs for everyone!
    Rachel x

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    .I loved my mustache for 30 years
    Wow! I bet you'd look fabulous in a 'tache, Karren!
    hugs for everyone!
    Rachel x

Sometimes you hear the quote " its just about the clothes" which usually gets a quick reaction from some of the GGs (and i have said it myself) that there is more to it than that ,but (always that but) sometimes it really is just about the clothes .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne