Thread: Putting on weight

ts_marykay_girl

Putting on weight

I have being on hormone therapy for about six month and during this time I have gained about thirty-five pounds. I have alwyas being a little chubby but now I am getting a little fat. But the rest of mo body, especially my boobs are developing nicely.
    I have heard that being on HT can put on weight, is that true?

Side effects of hormone replacement therapy (HRT) vary from individual to individual but may include:

• bloating
    • nausea
    • breast tenderness (typically during the first three to four months of treatment)
    • vaginal bleeding
    • fluid retention
    • weight gain
    • depression
    • possible increase in migraine headaches
    DonnaT

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaT
    Side effects of hormone replacement therapy (HRT) vary from individual to individual but may include:

• bloating
    • nausea
    • breast tenderness (typically during the first three to four months of treatment)
    • vaginal bleeding
    • fluid retention
    • weight gain
    • depression
    • possible increase in migraine headaches

OMG!!! I might have vaginal bleeding?

Cool.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

I think it is true. I'm struggling to maintain my weight. I think ones metabolism must slow or something, because my exercise routine and diet has not changed markedly at all. I just find it so easy to put on weight now that I simply must watch my diet more closely than I ever have before.
    My first book, The Shipping Mistake, has been published. It's about all my pre-op years, since I was a child.

It is available for purchase at the following links online:

Amazon, Barnes and Noble and Lulu (the printer)

You can download a free preview by following any of the book links at Lulu

Quote Originally Posted by ts_marykay_girl
    I have heard that being on HT can put on weight, is that true?
    I suppose with the removal of testosterone from your system you may be being less metabolically active to a degree, so you may not be able to eat the same as you used to as well and stay in shape.

However, I think the main problem is that hormones can increase your apetite. At the end of the day there is only one thing that makes you gain weight; eating more energy than your body is using

35 pounds in 6 months is a *lot* though - that represents an over-eat of something like 600 calories per day! Have you tried calorie counting or anything like that?

Kate.
    Suddenly I see
    This is what I wanna be
    Suddenly I see
    Why the hell it means so much to me...

Not so new member
    Northwest. England..ok ok I live in Liverpool. Dont worry I wont steal your clothes
    Average intake for men is 2500 calories. 2000 for women. I guess now you are on hormones, your body also thinks it female. You cant eat like a man anymore.