Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fulfilled a dream last night!

Platinum Member
    What a great night, Patti! I'm so happy that you crossed that threshold and had such an enjoyable time. You're a lovely woman and should have no fear going anywhere. (I know the feeling - going out and actually interacting with people is the greatest)

Gold Member
    I am happy for you. It is always nice to have the first time out go well. I am sorry you missed the crowd, but it sounds like it worked out for the best as you really got to spend you time with one person. Those kinds of conversations are priceless. It all gets easier from here.....

What a nice story that took guts and you did it, you always remember your first! In a month I will be going to go out during daylight hours to go shopping for the first time but I will have help from some fellow CD girls that will be with me. I hope I will have a similar experience for my first!

Cheers.

Lovely story ! Exciting and inspiring. I'm looking forward to my first night out en femme, it must be a thrill.

I can't wait to hear from you again and read your next adventures.

kisses
    tam

Gawd Patti...you look great..Congrats on breaking the ice....smooches jackie
    Jackie

patti...you look great.....and congrats you pushed yourself and did it.....nice hair by the way smile

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar
    The bartender was not just being polite, your pictures look great. I am so glad you had such a good time, you make me almost want to fly to Philly to go out on the town with you. If your ever in Chi town look me up. We have plenty of groups like this.
    I want to be this girl!

Aspiring Member Longing2be-Trisha's Avatar
    Hi Patti!

So glad you got out and had fun! You look very pretty! Keep it up GIRL friend!

Hugs
    Trisha

Great story. Better pictures. Congrats.

I made it to the party this time!

Last week I posted that I went to a local bar that has a transgender meet up party every Thursday night. I wasn’t planning on going, but got the nerve up to go later in the night at about midnight. Well by that time on a weeknight the party was over and everyone had left. I made the best of it and had a great time anyway.

This week I planned on going, and got ready early after work and made it there by 10:30. Now this is what I was hoping for! There were a lot of people there at that time. Now what I wasn’t expecting was that many people there were “regular” patrons of the bar. I didn’t know that it was gay bar lol! I was a little uncomfortable at first, but think it was related to the fact that I have NEVER been in a place dressed with this many people around. I’d say that there were about 30 people in the bar, and out of that, there were probably 8 to 10 transgender people (crossdressers and transsexuals).

The hostess (a gorgeous CD), greeted me and began a conversation about who I was. She was so nice, and to just talk about myself with someone just like me (we wound up having a lot in common) was what I have been dreaming about for years. I began introducing myself to others, and I got a lot of great attention for revealing that this was one of my first outings. I exchanged email addresses, received encouragement, had great conversation, got invited to other parties, and was invited to a local support group. It was a night I will never forget.

As I began to relax and calm down a little (and was about half way thru my glass of wine), I began to really enjoy the diversity of the crowd. There were boys and their GG girlfriends, gay men, lesbians, and those who seemed like local bar regulars. I got a lot of looks, but nothing negative. I found that I enjoyed making eye contact with people and giving them a small smile as if to say “hi, it’s just me”. The same bartender was working who was there last week. She is an adorable GG who is so fun to talk to. She recognized me and greeted me at the bar with “hey! You made it back.” We had another great conversation. I must say that I love being dressed and chatting with GG’s. I’ve always felt more comfortable talking with women, and doing it while dressed really makes me feel like one of the girls!

I stayed until there were only three of us left in the bar. It was down to me, the party hostess, and one other crossdresser. It was a great night and I didn’t want it to end. We said out goodbyes, and all headed home for the night. On the drive home I was reflecting about the night and realized something interesting about it all. It didn’t feel the way I thought it would. I thought that I would feel conscious of the fact that I was a crossdresser in a bar wearing my wig and heels, and that I would have this constant “thrill” feeling with butterflies in my stomach. The truth is, it felt more natural, and dare I say “normal”. I thought that I would be saying to myself “OMG, what did you just do! You were out in public in a dress for the world to see! What were you thinking!?” It wasn’t like that at all. It was just a calm, relaxed, nice ride home singing along to the radio and thinking about what I’ll wear to the next party.

I didn’t take any pics at the bar, but one of the organizers did to post on their website. I’ll post a link to that when they put them up. Here are a few I took when I got home so you can see what I wore. The party’s theme was “glam night” so I tried to glam it up with big jewelry, sequin skirt, and sequin platform heels.
    Thx for reading about my adventures. I love to share them with all of you! XX Patti.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ummm...yeah...what Shania said.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/57310119@N04/

Just getting my feet wet Marie-Elise's Avatar
    Great story. I used to live in Philly a few years ago. I periodically get back there. Which bar was this?

Oh, and you look great.
    Last edited by Marie-Elise; 01-27-2012 at 12:40 PM. Reason: forgot the compliment

Good for you. And you look great.

patti,
    great story...you are so pretty and look great...
    paula

Quote Originally Posted by yangstyle View Post
    Great story. I used to live in Philly a few years ago. I periodically get back there. Which bar was this?

Oh, and you look great.
    Thx! It's the Beagle Tavern in Norristown, PA.
    Ummm...yeah...what Shania said.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/57310119@N04/

Banned Read only
    I'm glad you had a great time, it does sound like a lot of fun, ans I think you hit the perfect blend of glam without go over the top, so to speak. You look very pretty, and those shoes are killer.

Great to hear you made it back there and enjoyed yourself. And i must say i love that outfit girl and those shoes omg

Suddenly I See
    what? where am i? i don't recognize this planet...
    Great to hear that its a fun place to go! I think Krysta & I are going to try and meet up there some time in February, maybe you would want to join us!

Hugs
    Kaylee

i know the feeling!! and the shoes....nice!! you look great

Patti, your so nice in that outfit, girl those shoes how high are those heels, Glad you had a good time, Keep telling about your outting, some of girls, would love to be able to have so many furn outting.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

A wonderful story, btw you look fantastic.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Aspiring Member Longing2be-Trisha's Avatar
    May I say Patti WOW! You look GREAT! So glad you had a great time out!

Hugs
    Trisha

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    Glad you had a good time and your makeup is perfect.

Patti

You look great and the party sounded amazing.

I love your story and the last 2 pics also. You are gorgeous.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patti1569 View Post
    ... I started chatting with the bartender. She was a young pretty girl and so nice to me. She complimented me after I told her that this was my first time out by saying “You look good. Actually…you look really good!”. It seemed genuine and made my night.

Here a few pics from the bar. Thanks again, xx Patti.
    Your friend the bartender speaks the truth. I don't see how it could be other than genuine. For going out alone, you might reconsider the platform shoes, but you definitely should not be timid about venturing out. Good on you.