Thread: You Know you're a Gurl When...

You Know you're a Gurl When...

I'm in bit a rush, but I just had to share a funny thing that happen a few minutes ago.

I'm dressing to go into work for a couple of hours. I dress outwardly endrab when I go to work. Since it's Saturday, and officially, I'm off the clock, I will be wearing male levi's 501 and a polo shirt, but I have my panties on under.

Ok, so, I'm looking for one of my sneakers, and the first place I reach is under the bed. So, far, pretty routine. I extend my arm under the bed and feel for the shoe and I fell the normal dusty bunnies,some boxes.. etc.. and then I feel something different. What! what is that.. mmmm I grab it and pull it out.

Out comes in my little palm, a rolled up stocking, I've been looking for sometime!
    HA! that's where you been.

Now you know you're a gurl in good standing when you no longer hide your femme clothing and they become part of your everyday life in a way.! Ha!

Cassie has arrived and she's here to stay! HA

I know this sounds ... "Is that All, Sheeee! " But for someone who's has struggled to accept his femme side, it's a revelation, breakthrough.

Even as recent as two years ago, you would have never found one iota of clothing laying around my apt. I kept it all hidden, nicely folded in a couple of boxes, in the upper shelf of a closet.

Now, although I still have limited items, my wardrobe is growing every paycheck and will, it's just too much having to keep Cassie's things, scratch that, my things separated to the point that it's causing me stress.

I always lived alone, so it was not the fear of anyone finding my femme items, it was the fear of me seeing what I really was everyday. Self-Acceptance can be the hardest acceptance to achieve. I'm a work in progress.

Thanks to all you wonderful gurls, girls, ladies, women, for showing your courageous selves to me. You've shown me that being who you are, is not a bad thing and I am not alone. You've shown me having broad shoulders, and biceps, is only the shell of who you are on the inside. I love being male, and sometimes, I even feel manly, haha. but being Cassie...Oh My Lord.... it's just the BEST!

All this from just one rolled up stocking under a bed... My, My..

Ok, I've got to go...

Talk Soon!

Cassie

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Cassie, it is an amazing feeling when you finally accept and embrace this part of your personality. There is so much energy invested in shame and concealment that when we become open to ourselves we can invest that energy in positive things. Thanks for sharing.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

It's the small things in life that make it worthwhile.Now clean out those dust bunnies and that 1/2 eaten balony sandwich.Bye-Bye,Lisa.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

shit girls say- episode 1 Check it out, : )

You Know you're a Gurl When... you think & act like a girl relate more to women identify with them easily & comfortably join in & are just as easily accepted, takin in by them, are called 'sweetheart' or 'sunshine' or 'babe' & only later do a double take, but feel ok about those not so macho pet names...

a beautiful metalhead JessicaM1985's Avatar
    I wanted to add to that Annaliese, and say another sign that you are a gurl when you can say those pet names to anybody and not feel embarrassed or out of place. That and when you see a puppy or a kitten and say things like, "D'awww! That's so *CUTE*!!!" and not do a double take...
    "To deny our impulses, is to deny the very thing that makes us human...." - Mouse from The Matrix
    Love me or hate me, I will always be myself.

I'm just the kind of gal that likes death metal, beer, and "dad" jokes. Oh and I build computers and play PC games.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    What a lovely story. It's the simple natrual things we do, that make us who we are.

"it was the fear of me seeing what I really was everyday. Self-Acceptance can be the hardest acceptance to achieve. I'm a work in progress." This strikes a chord Cassie. And Annaliese, I agree, it's your acceptance by other women that really matters, men are a side issue. Just to be one of the girls.
    L’imagination au pouvoir!

Well, I must say that yes, I have been there, but I am no longer a gurl, I am a girl, at least in my heart and mind, and eventually my body. I wish you the best on your journey of self knowledge and acceptance..................Stephanie

I AGREE BEING ACCEPTED AS ONE OF THE GIRLS IS THE BEST ALONG WITH OTHER SMALL THINGS LIKE PUTTING IN YOUR PIERCED EAR RINGS WITH OUTLOOKING IN THE MIRROR OR HOOKING YOUR BRA BEHIND YOUR BACK OR USING EYE LINER WITH OUT STABBING YOUR SELF IN THE EYE OR BLINKING AND DOING YOUR NAILS AND HAVE THEM COME OUT WITHOUT THEM LOOKING LIKE A TWELVE YEAR OLD DID THEM ALL OF THE LITTLE THINGS THAT ADD UP BUT THE SELF ACCEPTING PART IS THE BIGGIE HERE, WHEN YOU CAN LOOK YOURSELF IN THE EYE, AND BE COMFORTABLE THATS THE POINT YOU KNOW HEY I'M HOME. Damn I did it again sorry about the caps!! Jenni
    xoxoxoJennifer Easton
    Mighty bold talk for a one-eyed fat girl!

As great as have GG acceptance or being called ma'am may be it's self-acceptance that may be the hardest to achieve.

AnitaH

With conscious thought about it: Hooking your bra in back, picking up the front of a long skirt while walking up stairs, sweeping your skirt under your legs before sitting, walking with equal ease in flats or 4" heels... Also- being able to zip though a full makeup session in less than 10 minutes.

yes! putting in earrings in multiple holes, and just gliding in 4" high heels without any trouble is just beautiful.

You know you're a "gurl" when you forget you are wearing a bra. Once it is natural, you are officially one of the girls.
    I'm a Wendy and I love it!!!!

Platinum Member
    I envy you! While its true that I no longer carefully hide every item from possible discovery, its still my nature to either hang it up, fold it and put it in a drawer or toss in the hamper for washing. I've always been a neat freak - and nothing annoys me more than missmatched stockings. So, if I came up one short doing the laundry I would be on a relentless search to find the missing item.

Wendrme your right about the bra, I find I feel naked without mine, how ever the more I think about this I hear how most women can't wait to get there's off. Jenni
    xoxoxoJennifer Easton
    Mighty bold talk for a one-eyed fat girl!