Thread: One year anniversary (or is it birthday?)

The FW side of DFW, TX, but New Orleans is my adopted home town

One year anniversary (or is it birthday?)

A little over a year ago I joined this forum. Four days later, inspired by the stories I read (and giving in to my "full throttle" nature), I came out of the closet to a very dear friend. That was January 20, 2011, so I guess that makes last Friday Torrey's first birthday, of sorts.

Now, by no means does my story or my transgendered life begin there. It's just that I feel that I step into the bright lights of the world at that time. Heck, before joining here, I did not even have a name! In the last year, I feel I have learned a lot about myself and this perplexing life I live. I have met some cool people on here, and I owe a thanks to all of you. My life is far, far better today than just one short "trip around the sun" ago.

So anyway, I'll keep this short. I am spending less and less time perusing the forum, and that's not a bad thing. I find myself somewhere in between...not yet to the point of beginning a real transition, and also not feeling at all comfortable with calling this a hobby or lifestyle. I expect one day I'll have enough experience to feel worthy of posting an original opinion in the TS boards

There's a line in Shawshank Redemption which goes something like "I guess it comes down to a simple choice. Get busy living or get busy dying." Time to get busy living. So, if you don't see me around, it's been real.

Hugs,
    Torrey
    Torrey

"Never laugh, and you will live to regret it.
    That's what living is to me..." - Jimmy Buffett

https://www.facebook.com/torrey.stephens

Platinum Member
    Glad that you're busy living!

Aspiring Member
    I had already been thinking about what to call my special day, the day the wife found out about Renee. Wasn't sure whether to call it a birthday, anniversary or what. I do agree that it should be something to be celebrated or commemorated.

My special day is October 4, 2011. Maybe if I drop a few hints a few weeks before I'll get some nice clothes or something from my wife.

The FW side of DFW, TX, but New Orleans is my adopted home town
    I think that's a great idea!
    Torrey

"Never laugh, and you will live to regret it.
    That's what living is to me..." - Jimmy Buffett

https://www.facebook.com/torrey.stephens

Happy Birthday , anniversary , Hope things go well for you :-)
    My favorite motto's ." Live life to the fullest" , "Nobody is gonna stand up for you but you so live you life how you want" , “Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” , Be true to yourself