Thread: Told my mom

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Told my mom

Well I finally broke down and told my mother I wished i was her daughter.. Hardest thing ever but she told me she didnt care, she just wanted me to be happy.. Now just moving slowly in showing her some pics and my outfits I have. I hope that someday we can go out shopping as mother and daughter...

Follow your dream.
    Good for you. The more you talk about it the better.

That is a big step in the right direction! And I agree with Jill- communication is key. Keep us posted on how things progress.
    “If the misery of the poor be caused not by the laws of nature, but by our institutions, great is our sin.”
    ― Charles Darwin

Good to hear!
    DonnaT

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    It sounds like you mom cares a lot about you. Keep us up to date on how everything goes.
    Dana Ryan

Don't think that will ever happen for me, despite the fact that she dressed me for the 1st time when I was about 4.

I so wanted to talk with mine I wished after telling my SO (that was almost 8 years ago) that she had a daughter, but shes now 83 and telling her now wouldn't do anything but give her grief, she would have been good with it I sure. one of the reasons I never let her in is they live down on the gulf in Texas, I live up hear in kc mo seldom did they or me see each other in person when we did it was a funeral or some one sick, so timing was always an issue, and over the phone was just not the way to let your mother know she had a daughter, I think she knew though she use to catch me wearing her things quite often when I was around 6-7-8 and scold me for it but never told my dad, it was like outa site outa mind thing, so Shyselina I envy you and I hope the two of you can be mother and daughter Jenni
    xoxoxoJennifer Easton
    Mighty bold talk for a one-eyed fat girl!

Congratulations Selena, so much for the SHY in your name, I hope tjis step helps you blossom into the beautiful girl you really are.

Cerebral Ninja
    That's awesome! Good for you! I told my mom a few months back, and her reaction was similar. She even bought me a cavalcade of outfits for Christmas. Opening up is hard, but it has potential to be one of the best decisions you ever make.
    "Just follow your heart, that's what I do" - Napoleon Dynamite

@CourtneyGlenn91 - Twitter

Facebook

Platinum Member
    Glad you were able to confide in her.

It has been the biggest weight off my shoulders.... Thanks for everyone's nice comments I'll keep you posted on more to come.

Good for you. I wish I had totally confided in my mother before she passed away. I know she knew but she never talked to me about it and I never confided in her.

That is wonderful news . A major step oh looks like we are neighbors I live in springfield missouri .

I can't express how happy that you could be honest with your mom. And the fact that she accepted you proves how much she loves you.

I wish I had the courage to do the same when I was growing up. I am in my 50's now, my mom passed away years ago and have had to live a life that was not truly the real me.

I wish you the best