Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oranges

Oranges

Oranges.

I knew that sometime the Red Brick Road would have a speed bump or a detour. I was prepared for it and it finally happened. Nothing stays rainbows and Unicorns forever.

Going out on Saturday night is becoming a ritual. Here in Colorado I plan according to the weather and this week nature said “get out and have some fun.” I have posted about Wednesday night and the fairytale of that night. The night after I was with many of the same friends who had nothing but compliments and praise for me. I don’t know what cloud I was on but it was close to nine. Maybe 7 or 8.

Saturday was another wonderful day. More March than January. Time to hit the town again. After the preliminary preparation (why does that still take over a hour?), I was ready to get dressed. I had bought a cute little red sweater dress on sale this week. Cowl neck straight waist that I thought would be amenable to a belt to give it a shape. I put it on and I swear I could feel the chill of an early fall all the way up the back. I felt like instead of a dress I had on a cheer sweater. I reached back and it even felt short. Yet when I looked in the full length mirror it was half way between my knees and…uh..the next curve. OK it looked better than it felt so go with it. Earrings next. Dropped one. I squatted down (yes I bent at the knees to pick it up and I knew that the dress was too short. I would have absolutely no secrets and it was a stand up dress and not a sit down dress. No way I was standing in heels for 4 hours. Plan two was another dress I bought a week earlier. Beautiful LBD with one concern. It was rather low cut in the neck. I could work with that. A cami or a sexy bra. I put it on and it was perfect. Yes the neck was low cut but it didn’t show anything. OK now off to the bar.

I was driving and went to adjust the seat belt (safety first and always) and realized that I had…CLEAVAGE! Not just a little but noticeable and blatant cleavage that was my own. I knew I would be asking guys to “Look up, my eyes are up here” all night. I like attention when dressed so I didn’t turn around and go home. I walked to the bar and got a few smiles as I sat down. The guys at the bar at this hour are older and really not interested in anything except swapping stories and drinking happy hour beer. That is good because even though I enjoy the looks I don’t want the hanging on that guys can do. There was line dancing lessons on the dance floor and I thought “How do they remember how to do all that, I can barely remember to walk.

As I was watching and trying get some steps in my head a man walked up and stood in front of me.

“I don’t mean to be rude…” he started. Well this can go two ways I thought; one he was going to remind me that it was a gay bar and that there were regulars who frequented the bar area and that I was in someone’s place, OR he was going to ask if I still had all the parts and was I interested in making him the happiest guy in the world for the next 15 minutes.

“Go ahead, I won’t be insulted.” I told him.

“You look gorgeous, I was wondering if I can ask you something.” I nodded. “Can you educate me?” Now usually this is followed by “Please do my makeup and afterward treat me like the _________I am.” But not this time. He asked if I was a cross dresser. I said yes. He asked if I was transgendered, which in lay terms is code for transsexual and asked if I had all the “parts” (Well I got that part right.). I explained that Transgendered was a larger term for all persons who presented as a gender that they were not born into. That it could include Drag Queens all the way to transsexuals. Then he asked if I was gay (Now in a previous post I mentioned that this doesn’t happen very often.). I told him my label. I was a crossdresser, probably a transsexual who will never get surgery and a bisexual. That seemed to satisfy him and he thanked me and went back to his buddies. I was in no way insulted and hoped I had educated him.

While I was talking to him another man stood behind him. Do you know how you can look at a person and get a “vibe”? If you watch Grimm on TV that is what I saw. This guy’s face turned into a wolf. This was the detour on my journey on the Red Brick Road. The first guy left and within minutes Wolfie came back.

“I don’t mean to be rude…” Oh boy, this time I knew what would follow and I was right. He directed every bad line he could throw at me. What is my sign? Do I like sex? What kind of sex do I like (even though I didn’t even answer the first question). He explained he worked for a Medical Marijuana grower and then told me he could sell some on the side (how I wished I was an undercover cop). And that I could be the man pleaser and that he would love to have me take care of him. OK OK He told my boobs all this. I was getting very uncomfortable with this all and was looking for a way out. Not enough men around to go to and ask them to protect me. I soon found out he had no car, no money (Geez, do I look like a cougar?). Did I smoke and could he get a cigarette (I don’t and no) and could I buy him a drink. My drink was empty so I asked what he would like. Jaeger. I told him he wasn’t worth that. He settled for cinnamon schnapps. I ordered me another and him the shot. His demeanor changed then as I think he could see I wasn’t the easy mark. He asked again what I could do to him to make him happy. I wanted so bad to do a Clint Eastwood imitation and say “I’ll let you walk away with your gonads, would that make you happy?” But I told him instead I didn’t like sex (OK OK There are times that a lie is a good thing). Then he asked what I liked. I said “Girls.” His face dropped. Man if I knew it was that easy I would have told him that 15 minutes earlier. He stood up and said “I’ll be back.” I said “No you won’t and have a good night.” Never did see him again.

Now the crowd was getting larger. And it was 50/50 male and female…average age 35. Boy did I feel old. One young woman (that will become redundant because to this old queen they are all younger) stood next to me, complimented my necklace. Then another came over and complimented my makeup and looks. Another walked by and felt my leg. “You can’t stick that out and not expect someone to touch it.” She told me. Wow, I must have entered a magical world where women liked CD’s.

Back to the oranges. I am an orange in case you didn’t know. I didn’t know it until last night. The reason I had so much interaction was because I was sitting at the bar and there is no table service so you had to get your own drinks and no one was sitting by the guy in a dress. A woman was waiting her turn at the bar. She was very pretty with long straight brunette hair. She looked at my chest and said “You have more cleavage than I do”. I thanked her (should you say thank you to that?) and told her it was half real. “Doesn’t matter you have more than I do and I am jealous.” I wanted to be 20 years younger. She made my heart flutter, she was pretty, she was young, she was friendly and she was accepting. She introduced herself and I told her my name. She got her drink and offered a raised glass. Then she was gone.

A few minutes later she was standing in front of me again “I don’t mean to be rude…” Hmm there is a theme here tonight. “…but you are gorgeous (I am “gorgeous”, never beautiful or sexy…I think that is a good thing). Can I ask how old you are?” I told her 55. She looked shocked. “You look 30. I am 34, I hope I look as good as you do.” I assured her she looked much better. She offered to buy me a drink. I declined as I was driving. She left the offer open and wandered off. A few minutes later she was back (and now the moron in me kicks in…duh, why does that happen later when you replay the event in your mind?). Where do I live? She lives within walking distance, she thinks I am a brave person. Then she tells me the orange story. About how a refugee from a Nazi prison camp found an orange and kept it because it was the only color in a black and white world where the sky was grey, the snow was white, the mood was black. How he kept that orange and every night smelled it so that he could know that the world wasn’t just what he saw. How he saved the orange and when his compatriots and him were in an explosion and survived, he shared the orange with them. Then years later while the man was riding a bus he saw a young boy and offered him an orange so the little boy knew that there was good in the world.

I let her buy me a drink then and we toasted difference. She told me I was a bright spot in the world. I was brave. The world needed more people like me who were who they were. She asked if I would be back and I assured her I would. Then she was off with her friends. I finished the drink and was getting tired (no I am not 30 anymore after all, I am an old geezer) so I drove home. It had been an educating evening for me. I educated a person in transgenderism, I was educated in how women get hit on by jerks, and I learned that there are wonderful, caring and accepting people still out there. I also learned I wish I was younger again. I hope I meet Jen again.

What I learned the most was “I am an orange”. Something colorful in an otherwise drab world.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Lorileah,
    Thanks for sharing that with us.
    You are only proving what we all know. You are a shining light. Its just a shame you have to put up with the odd jerk along the way.

Women all over the world sadly have to put up with that kid of behaviour.
    I just hope it does not happen too often.

All the good encounters sure make up for the bad ones
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Wow, What a wonderful story!!!! You are an orange!

Lori, what a night girl, I am glad everything, went as well as it did. I ready for another story,
    Last edited by stacycoral; 01-22-2012 at 02:29 PM.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    Great story Lorileigh. You are brave. I'm not there yet, but getting closer.

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    Lorileah,
    Thanks for sharing your wonderful events of last night. You are an inspiration to all of us. Too bad I no longer go to Denver, otherwise, it would be fun to have gone out with you.
    Rachael

Lori
    What a great story, thank you for sharing it with us.

Kel
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Lori,
    What a great fun evening even though there are allways some jerks! I do have to agree with jen that I thought you were in your 30's from your avatar. I enjoyed your story and your bravery on venturing out.

Great anecdote! I thought it was going to turn out badly when you were talking about Wolfie, but sounds like you had an excellent experience. Good luck on meeting Jen again!

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    Awesome story! I would have never guessed that you were 55. You look far younger. I hope you meet your young admirer again one day soon. Would dating her make you a "cougar"? lol... Keep up the fun times, you are far braver than I am.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Thank you so much for such a great recounting of an interesting and memorable evening out for you.

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Hands Lori her orange merit badge .
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

Great story Lorileah! Having some scumbag approach us is a fear of mine. They see a TG girl and see easy sex, or so they think! It is a sterotype put on us due to the internet sex sites. Do a search for crossdressing or transsexual and those sites pop up like crazy. That sounded scary.

On the bright side it all turned around when you met Jen. Acceptance is a wonderful thing and it restores our faith in the human race. Thanks for sharing.

That turned into a beautiful story, Lorileah. Or is that gorgeous story?
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

At first I thought you were going to talk about how you went to a stylist and had your colors done, LOL. You are indeed an orange, a bright spot in a sometimes drab world, you certainly have added a bit of color to my rather gray day, thank you..................Stephanie

Lorileah,

Thanks for the great read. Your class and courage serve us all well.

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

Thanks for sharing that Lorileah! I find the interacting with other people when I am out to be pretty good overall and a big part of the fun. Even the creeps make for a good story afterwards.

Hugs,
    Debby

An excellent posting, Lorileah, sounds like a great time, and brings back lots of similar memories of when I used to go out to bars all the time in my younger years. I've met lots of great people and also quite a few like your Wolfie, and like you, I learned to deal with them.

Thanks for sharing that.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

You always paint a story with such vivid detail. Glad that Wolfie ended up being manageable. I like to dress sexy now and than but often resist the urge especially at bars because of the problems it attracts.

It was interesting the psychological methods he used to try and control you, very predatory,instinctual and primal all built on a number of assumptions he made, very raw and animalistic, I'm surprised and relieved that he relented so easily. It is scary when they automatically assume because you crossdress you want sex and than become enraged and accuse you of being a tease if you do not, very very scary.

Bravery does bring color to the world because it helps others take the risks to discover themselves, I just wish it were possible without the potential for violence.

Gold Member
    Love that story Sis....and, BTW, 55 is NOT old ( I have experience here). AND, I bet you did look gorgeous as you always take care to look your best in public. The guys were probably not the most memorable part of the evening, but it did make for a good floor show!!!!!. As for Jen, you better go back there.....she sounds like a wonderful person, and after all, you are the sweetest orange on the tree!!

Thank you for sharing your adventures with us. I must remember that story about the orange. It's a good thing to be an orange in an otherwise drab world.

AnitaH

Wonderul story, Lori, thank you for sharing! It's delightful to see you getting stronger and more confident every day, and that Orange story is definitely a keeper! Hugs - Diane

That was georgeous I dont really know what to say. Kelli

Catastro-fem
    Calm cool and collected. Wow.
    And you're Orange to boot.

Neat story.

I am Erica 2
    I am Erica2

Orange indeed. Great story, thanks for sharing this.

Liz