Thread: Dubai Calling!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dubai Calling!

I fly to Dubai tomorrow for a few days work. I know it is a muslim country and they have laws and no I am not planning to go out dressed (jail sentence apparently)! But I do fancy letting Kaz loose in my hotel room... any advice from anyone? It means I have to pack the gear (forms, make-up, clothes, etc..) so a heavier suitcase than otherwise! Or am I just mad?
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Platinum Member
    I would hope you will be safe in the privacy of your hotel room. What a pain, tho! Wouldn't it be fun to enjoy a nice meal and a few drinks (at the hotel) in Kaz mode?

SC... Recently did Germany all right! My first thought was... don't do it... then I thought, what the heck? If they check my suitcase... can I explain it? It is not illegal to cross-dress... just in public! It is linked to homosexuality which is also banned in public places. Actually the UAE are pretty tolerant... you can drink within allowed areas... hotels, bars, and your own home... It is public display that concerns them!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Kaz, if you think you can refrain for a few days, I would.

http://www.asiaone.com/Travel/Tips/S...718-77412.html

The sentence that disturbs me in this article is, "Dr Rima Sabban, a sociologist, said Emiratis were becoming frustrated with violations of local sensitivities." All it would take is a fire alarm, or a hotel maid inadvertently coming in to clean your room while you are dressed and then perhaps reporting it, to cause issues. Granted, you would only suffer a deportment, but if you have to go through the legal system you may have to stay there well beyond your stay just to deal with it, and that's not mentioning the emrassement with your family and employers?

Here's more on Dr. Sabban: http://www.dsg.ae/NEWSANDEVENTS/DSGN...aram_detail=29

As to tolerance levels in general about the CDing in that part of the world, read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_ri...y#Western_Asia
    Reine

Kaz, don’t do it. It’s not worth it. O.K.?
    I am not asking you, I am telling you!

SUZY

I am with everyone else...bad idea. The laws there are not like here. The UAE is "more" tolerant but that is pretty vague. I would hate to see you mixed up in something that could turn out very messy. Kelli

Kaz, this may seem like a growth step, but it sounds like it could be a dangerous misstep. I hope you'll reconsider. If not, we'll all be holding our breath until you're home again. The collective exhale after 3 days scares me a bit as well .

Wendy

Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    Kaz, don’t do it. It’s not worth it. O.K.?
    I am not asking you, I am telling you!

SUZY
    Kaz, i with Suzy, we don't want to lose you.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

pink fog alert!

ok, you can do it. but only if you use a burka! ^ ^
    Kaz, the opportunity is alluring, but it's too much risk to take. remember it IS illegal, and you don't want to put yourself in trouble with the law in a foreign country. specially one with rigid societal norms. go and bring yourself back in safety. ;x
    [SIZE="1"]It is fatal to be a man or woman pure and simple: one must be a woman manly, or a man womanly. — Virginia Woolf[/SIZE]

Well, Kaz is in the UK so she's likely sleeping right now, and she did say she was leaving tomorrow.

I don't know if you'll see this before you go, Kaz, but I hope you'll also take some time to see the sites, experience local cuisine, take a water taxi, and shop for jewelry!!
    Reine

im not sure i would with all their crazy laws, be terrible to get stuck there because of clothes

Aspiring Member
    You probably already left. For the future, it's sobering to know that between the arriving airplane and customs and immigration you are not a free person. They can ask anything, question you endlessly, hold you, take your suitcase apart and even ask you to strip. For a few days I'd travel light and look forward to coming home.

In case you went as Kaz anyway, you might let us know when you've returned home safe.

Ineke

Quite the busy thread. I personally would take clothes with me, however I am not sure I would travel there dressed. I probably would try to talk to someone in the state department and consulates first.

My excuse if my bags were to be searched is they are my wife's clothes who is supposed to meet me here in a few days. I don't think I traveled with my forms then (I only had one set and didn't want to damage them), socks were my alternative.

I have gone to both Turkey and Egypt. Although I have not traveled there enfemme, I did pack clothes with me and dressed in my room. I did venture the hall, but only to get ice. I kept the door open with the slide bar so I wouldn't need the key. The last thing you need is to go to the front desk dressed because your key didn't work. There were surveillance camera's, but no one took any special note of me.

I had flown to Poland, Japan and Mexico enfemme without an incident. Not a single problem through customs and everything. Well, actually. Poland gave me a problem because they didn't think I was a man. I finally convinced them.

I suppose the more passable you are the less the risk of a random spotting. However, if you get carded for any reason and found out to be a man,then you will have a lot more trouble than you bargained for.
    - AF

Look girl, act girl, feel girl ... be girl.

feels better in a dress
    everytime I have been to Dubai they checked my bags so don't even bring your stuff with you, leave them in the UK if you want to test yourself go to the arab parts of london or b'ham and see for yourself....

Sounds like an amazingly bad idea to me. I urge you to just abstain for the short time you're there and leave the girl stuff at home, all of it. It's not worth the risk, IMO.
    My name is Carol.