Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dubai Calling!

Use your time to visit the Souq Kaz, esp across the creek in Dubai side, wonderful costume jewellry shops, unless of course you can afford real gold then the main gold souq is in Deira (same side of the creek as the airport). Much safer than getting caught. Also the water taxis are an experience not to be missed.
    Carole

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

I say this man-to-man:

DON'T CROSSDRESS IN DUBAI! Don't even take the supplies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    SC... Recently did Germany all right!
    You cannot compare a Moslem country to a western country.

If you absolutely must crossdress daily maybe it's time you refuse to take the trip, even to the point of resigning from your job.

John (Johanna)
    Last edited by JohnH; 01-23-2012 at 07:42 PM.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    i just don't know if it is worth the trouble..... or the potential risk

Hey.. I am talking some women's clothes in my suitcase... maybe forms... personal stimulator?
    Well, It's been a real pleasure almost getting to know you. Sad to see you go.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Having traveled through several countries in the Middle East, including Dubai, I can tell you it's definitely not worth the risk. Save it for when you get home, and just be thankful you aren't a crossdresser living in those countries. The UAE is liberal by Muslim standards, but that doesn't mean it's anything like living here. You'd probably have better luck carrying drugs there than woman's clothes.

Kaz, I am an International Tax Consultant( retired) and still have clients living in Dubai. I would strongly suggest you be extremely careful while in Dubai. I have a friend in Toronto who is post op tg who has worked/lived in Dubai for the past 3-4 years and is now back in Toronto. If you would like, pm me and I will give you her email addy. and you can discuss this with her. Let me just say, it would be in your best interest if you could just pass on the idea. Besides, Dubai is a wonderful place to explore and discover. It really is a magnificent place to work/visit/dine.

pink fog alert!

ok, you can do it. but only if you use a burka! ^ ^
    Kaz, the opportunity is alluring, but it's too much risk to take. remember it IS illegal, and you don't want to put yourself in trouble with the law in a foreign country. specially one with rigid societal norms. go and bring yourself back in safety. ;x
    [SIZE="1"]It is fatal to be a man or woman pure and simple: one must be a woman manly, or a man womanly. — Virginia Woolf[/SIZE]

Well, Kaz is in the UK so she's likely sleeping right now, and she did say she was leaving tomorrow.

I don't know if you'll see this before you go, Kaz, but I hope you'll also take some time to see the sites, experience local cuisine, take a water taxi, and shop for jewelry!!
    Reine

Good rule of thumb...When in Rome...yada, yada, yada.

Hmmmm maybe the photo opportunity maybe not worth it!? What would be the QUDOS of a shot of me dressed in Dubai? Hmmmm itching..! Why does NO make me think YES? Am I mad?
    You are starting to sound like my daughter . usually followed by a call several hours later with her needing help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Don't get clever old man! Now take us to dress barn!

Kaz doesn't sleep Reinne!

Dubai ...... thinking about..... brilliant posts...
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Well, if you do, say hi to Abdul (read Bubba) when you hit the Arab prison, where you'll....be a hit.

Aspiring Member
    Crossdressing aside, I have friends working over there & it looks an amazing place on their photos

Hmmmm maybe the photo opportunity maybe not worth it!? What would be the QUDOS of a shot of me dressed in Dubai? Hmmmm itching..! Why does NO make me think YES? Am I mad?
    Is this why you want to do this? For the photo op, so you can add a Dubai pic to your collection, or post it here?

All along I thought it was because you simply needed to be yourself.

Twenty lashes with a wet noodle for you, and never mind the photo op! lol. Go and enjoy the sites instead!

... oh, and don't give anyone a peck on the cheek in public.

Is hugging allowed over there?
    Last edited by ReineD; 01-23-2012 at 10:32 PM.
    Reine

Give in, girl-out, enjoy Krista1985's Avatar
    Dubai is a country in transit,

With dwindling oil receipts, it has become one of the few Emirates to seek an alternative source of income through heavy investment in tourism and construction. Some of the best and most cutting edge construction and hospitality companies are found there. And Civil Society is liberalizing at breakneck pace compared to it's regional neighbors. That being said, it is a nation with a tradition of Shari'a law, and rulings are most unpredictable. Unlike a western nations, which are pretty much 'law making machines,' in the UAE personal status law remains un-codified. So you could receive a slap on the wrist sentence for dressing up, or you could be locked away until your Embassy (UK?) pulls some strings to spring you. No bull. It all depends upon the judge you are put in front of if caught, and his training/background in Islamic Jurisprudence. Odds are the worst case scenario, if subjected to a random search at customs which turned up Kaz'a stuff, they could deny your entry into their country. All of this is incredibly unlikely, but with the stakes so high it may not be in your best interest to tempt fate.

Enjoy the sights, the world islands, the Burj Al Arab Hotel etc., but do so en-drab. The ME is one of the most CD unfriendly places on Earth.
    Last edited by Krista1985; 01-23-2012 at 10:38 PM.

Give in, girl-out, enjoy Krista1985's Avatar
    Oh almost forgot!

If caught in your hotel room or at customs, you will also be black-listed in the Gulf region as a whole. No BS. No social security numbers, but plenty of security files on foreign nationals. Unlikely worst case scenario, but still... Food for thought.

Three words....photoshop Take your photos without you in them...put you in later. Have you ever seen Midnight Express? Would be really hard to escape in heels
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Just leave her at home. She'll still be there when you get back.
    A TG Trekkie.

Kaz, just reading your post a thought hit me: bodyforms, makeup, maybe a wig- sounds like you're planning on doing some serious espionage. Which I'm normally cool with, but customs in Dubai might not be so understanding.

Much as I hate to do so, since it's only a few days, you might just take a few days break. All will be well and waiting for you when you get home.

Quote Originally Posted by KaTanya View Post
    Much as I hate to do so, since it's only a few days, you might just take a few days break. All will be well and waiting for you when you get home.
    Yes, and besides ..........

Attachment 172854
    Reine

hiya Kaz,

A person has formulated the basic personality they will carry through their lifetime by the age of 5 years old. To understand how a person approaches the world, look at the world and his/her world at age 10.

When you go to another part of the world you are taking your logic into a place where you assume it applies, but often does not. This creates an opportunity gap that can make the unexpected a reality, that you might not even comprehend after you suffer the consequences of experiencing it.

Playing your games in somebody else’s playground is risky business, even for the best of players. But curiosity is also a powerful motivator.

Just opinions and beliefs built from personal experience…

HaveFun
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

aaaahhh what the Hell go on do it!!! (Geeeeeze how dumb is this)
    xoxoxoJennifer Easton
    Mighty bold talk for a one-eyed fat girl!

Banned Read only
    Doing this and going to dubai and having such incriminating things in your baggage, is just too risky.I mean some of us like thrills and risk's and a little excitement, but this may, and or could be a one way street.
    I have given it some thought. I aliken something like this to be like as though Tara were to get all dolled up and go to a biker bar at 1:30 am on a friday night, pull in the parking lot, and kick over all the bikes, and then walk inside and yell, hey all you M'fer's, I just kicked over all the POS harley's in the parking lot. All of you in here can kiss my panty clad a**. And then I throw my beer bottle against the wall and burst it, and then ask: who wants a peice of me????
    Let me tell you, uh oh, uh oh, oh hell, even Chuck Norris or Obama could save me from that fallout.
    Come on Kaz, live on the edge, like I do, but please use some "uncommon" sense. Don't take anything feminine to Dubai. Will we still hear from your next week?
    L&R........................Tara
    Good luck Girl.

Another thread: Do crossdressers have logical reasonable sense??

Do crossdressers pay the price of entrusting in others?

Do crossdressers really hate living?

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Yes, and besides ..........

Attachment 172854

Sad. But. True.

a bit nutty
    forgeddaboudit. Dressing as a woman in a Muslim country like UAE is WAYY to risky. Do they stone people to death there? "THE ROCK" is not a jail over there....