Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best CD City

Best CD City

Where do you think is the best City to dress and be yourself and also feel comfortable? What City is the most accepting?
    Where's the most fun place to go and also relax?

Thanks

margo

I'd say San Francisco though I've never dressed when I was there. Its the city where its ok to be anything!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

NY City is easy, people appreciate, and no one cares.
    My fave would be Providence, Rhode Island, because it's such an eclectic college town full of 200 year old buildings on a hillside( Brown University, PC, RISD, Johnson & Wales Cuninary College), and the place I grew up in......red bricks, hills, artsy weirdos. I'm there.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 01-24-2012 at 12:54 AM.

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Never had an issue in the Bay Area or in Sac I fly under the radar. VFR.
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

I second San Francisco, but from what I have read here there are so many places that let one be themselves. SO, it is really a matter of personal preferences and experiences.

OK Niyah, you may fly under broken radar, but once you repair them you are there in all of your splendor and wonderful glory with that beaming heartwarming entrapping smile. I love it and you in a special sort of way, you know.

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Soars off in the sky . Smiles at Allie .
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

San Francisco so far for me, but i visited Portland a couple months ago and it seems like an accepting place also to get dressed enfemme.

Elana

Aspiring Member
    If you can't be yourself in San Francisco then there's no place you can be! I mean, c'mon...how many places have a damn parade...JUST FOR YOU?

I find acceptance every where I happen to be, small towns or big cities, however since you mention big cities, I find Salt Lake City to be very accepting, I also find Grand Junction Colo to be very accepting also. I also love Las Vegas and meeting the tourists from all over the USA, and around the world. I have so much fun when I am in Vegas.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I've never had a problem in Austin, Texas. It's a big college town and really not much like the rest of the state.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Provincetown Massachusetts, at the tip of Cape Cod, is great and everyone I've met there is 100 percent accepting. It's a small resort type town.

Banned Read only
    Instead of best CD city I'm going to say the best Trans accepting and affirming city especially east coast is Harrisburg, PA.

Harrisburg was the second city in the United States to enact transgender specific protection laws.
    This happened in 1983.

The downtown nightlife not only accepts but promotes trans diversity by inviting trans groups to dine at their establishments.

These are upscale eateries that alot of the time will discount meals for members of the trans community simply because you are in their establishments and are being seen by other people.

I've lived in Denver, Miami, St Louis and for a short time the Chicago area and have spent considerable amount of time in 10 other US cities I have to say I have never seen acceptance of the trans community like I have seen within the Harrisburg area.

It is indeed a safe haven for the trans community.

Julia

Surprisingly Dallas is pretty CD friendly, maybe not the best in the country, but a lot better than people would think. And has one of the more Active CD/TG meet up groups around.

I go out and have never had a bad word said. It is usually the Women that will come up to me and talk, and they always are pleasant and complimentary. I think the men are a bit afraid to be seen talking to a CD for fear of being less of a manly texan!

Anyway, I would agree with Stacy that Austin is not at all like the rest of Texas, it's a little breath of fresh air in many ways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silver Member
    San Francisco. No question.

BUT . . . . .Any large metropolitan area will be far more accepting of diversity than what you may expect. There are also many smaller areas where you can be who or what you want any time you want.

Provincetown on Cape Cod in Massachusetts, Key West, Amherst, Atlanta, Denver, all come quickly to mind. And of course, there's always NYC. You can do anything you want in NYC. They have seen it all. You can't shock a New Yorker.

The important thing to remember in all of this is that true acceptance will come from within your own mind. When you reach true acceptance of yourself, it's far easier for others to accept you.

S
    Last edited by Stephenie S; 01-24-2012 at 10:57 AM.

While I agree with the already mentioned New York and San Francisco, I there are also two wonderful cities in the northwest that I have visited on numerous occasions and found to be totally accepting. These cities are Portland, OR and Seattle, WA. Both of these cities have an active trans population, lots of establishments which welcome us and I have always felt comfortable and welcome when there.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Hmmm, I would add Boston to the list, as well as New Orleans!

tina

Thats a good question. I would say most larger cities would be ok.. While I love living in the South east not everyone is all that accepting. Atlanta may be an exception but I havent really spent much time there.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

Banned Read only
    Easy answer is San Diego because that's where I am and I'm getting dressed and heading out. Been looking forward to this for a month. Wish my wife was with me, always more fun to hang out with her while I shop.

Oh there are lots but Portland or New Orleans are my favs. (and Orlando too). All have very accepting trans communities...

I thought Denver was very accepting.

I would put San Francisco at the top of my list but I would add that any of the major cities in California (Los Angeles, Oakland, San Diego, San Jose, etc.) are all equally friendly, welcoming and safe places to go out en femme.
    For all of those that mentioned Portland, I used to live there and PORTLAND IS NOT CD/TG FRIENDLY! It is LGB friendly; they have an openly gay mayor and a pretty good gay community but they are not accepting of CD/TG people.
    I was basically run out of town and fired from my job simply for displaying CD/TG tendencies (I did not dress at work or transition but was ridiculed for my manicured nails, hair length, clothing, boots, etc.) I heard many offensive anti-gay comments and they are not tolerant or welcoming of anyone who is an outsider.

NYC, in the tourist areas though. Or openly lgbt accepting bars. Not the places in manhatten when you wander, drunk, too far from the main tourist areas where you start to hit apartments, and parking garages. Those are nono spots. But going to see the tree/rockafella center/many bars/clubs/all of times square etc are all free game. The secret is, hide out in the public. There are so many people in those high traffic areas, you blend in, quite easily with all the other weirdos around you in manhatten.
    Violet

It's got to be London, there sure are a ton of gurls there and it seems like they are all out!
    [SIGPIC]

i will rate them as cities i have been out and about in

seattle wa

los angeles

san diego

las vegas

dallas tx

san fransico

portland or

salt lake / park city

i have found if you dress to blend in with the area no one realy pay's any attention

susie

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Julia_in_Pa View Post
    Instead of best CD city I'm going to say the best Trans accepting and affirming city especially east coast is Harrisburg, PA.

Harrisburg was the second city in the United States to enact transgender specific protection laws.
    This happened in 1983.

The downtown nightlife not only accepts but promotes trans diversity by inviting trans groups to dine at their establishments.

These are upscale eateries that alot of the time will discount meals for members of the trans community simply because you are in their establishments and are being seen by other people.

I've lived in Denver, Miami, St Louis and for a short time the Chicago area and have spent considerable amount of time in 10 other US cities I have to say I have never seen acceptance of the trans community like I have seen within the Harrisburg area.

It is indeed a safe haven for the trans community.

Julia
    Next time your in Harrisburg, stop by THE BROWNSTONE LOUNGE one night and see my friend Bill for a good drink! Tell him Shannon sent ya! Your drink may be free! Or double, hard to tell!