Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need some input

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar

Red face Need some input

In 4 weeks I am going on vacation with my wife, and a group that we have traveled with in the past. We are traveling to the Carribean, so shorts and swimsuits will be my main attire for the week.
    I started shaving my legs in October (first time ever), and I love it! It feels so much better than having hairy legs. Like everything else, it just feels right, like that is how they should be.
    I will be scuba diving, as will most in our group. Last year's trip was loads of fun. One of the guys (the trip organizer) and I rib each other constantly...all in fun. We are good friends. I am really worried that he will make a huge deal out of my legs being shaved. One other note...one of the group on last year's trip was a female that was born male, and had surgery. No one made a big deal about it, but there was some "whispering down the aisle". I am a bit worried that there will be thoughts that I am at the start of traveling down that same path.

I am an avid bicyclist, and I recently got a fantastic tattoo on my calf that I do not want obscured by hair. I also have a thing about rubbing lotion on hairy areas...it just goes through me like nails on the blackboard. These are a few reasons that I like to shave, in addition to the obvious. My wife is OK with it; she got me a few packs of women's razors for Christmas (one of my cheapest, but most precious gifts).

So here it is...do I let the hair grow out for the next month and be miserable, or do I keep my legs smooth and most likely get some serious teasing for a week that I am really looking forward to? Thanks for the help!
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

I wouldn't grow the hair back. You have every right to your preferences. Besides, if you are not heading down the transition path, this should come through loud and clear without you having to rationalize your legs.

If asked about the shaving I wouldn't lie but tell them what you told us: you don't like hairy legs, you don't like to apply lotion to hairy legs, and you don't want to obscure your tattoo.
    Reine

You have listed several good reasons why you shave so go with them. It also helps the wetsuit go on easier and I do not get as chilled between dives. If you friend says anything, act shocked, and say how did you know? Then, laugh and give him a reason.
    Laura

Many folks have posted that they shaved and nobody noticed. That's my experience, too. My wife didn't notice, so I put my leg in her lap. She looked up said "What?" and still didn't notice until I took her hand and rubbed it over my shaved leg.
    I also know guys that just don't have any [visible] leg hair. Maybe fine and light-colored, but looks shaved. I've never heard ribbing about it.
    Finally, I shave only in winter and let it grow out in the spring, for wearing shorts here in the Deep South. I started wearing shorts again far sooner than I thought I would.
    Go for it, don't worry about it, and have fun.

Personally I wouldn't as suba diving seems to be a legit reason to shave them along with biking. For the most part nobody really does notice and if they do ask why they are checking out your legs. I mean, if they put you on the spot why not reverse it? Of coarse this is the lil devil in me speaking lol
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I think that since you said that you're internally looking forward to any teasing you might receive, than go ahead and keep your legs shaved. The worst thing that could happen is that no one will say anything (at least not too your face). The best (or most interesting) thing that could happen is that you get some teasing comments about your legs.
    Back on the forums! But still very much closeted.

a no brainer....if you like it as i do...own it...have fun with it and if anyone says anything...besides the suba /tatoo thing,tell them it feels wonderful,your wife likes it and it makes "everything more fun"...that will get them thinking

Platinum Member
    If anyone even notices, just tell him just what you told us in the second paragraph. As for worrying about thoughts and whispers, remember what a friend once told me: "other people's opinion of you is none of your business".

Banned Read only
    Do not worry about it at all. If anybody says something here is your answer in your own words. "It feels so much better than having hairy legs. Like everything else, it just feels right, like that is how they should be".

That's the way I like it, uh huh, uh huh..........

just about all swimmers shave their bodies, and since you were going to be doing a lot of swimming on this vacation you didn't want to be slowed down by the hair...lol i used that excuse once, told them i joined a competitive swim club back home and had to shave for speed...but once they saw me in the water i think my cover was blown cause i can barely swim!!
    paula

I don't think people really care any more. Just go and be you.

I will give you the same answer when someone questions me about my hairless arms and legs, "My wife likes it like that" Wink Wink!

And honestly, I cannot remember the last time I was asked.

Said and done.

I would keep my legs shaved and if I got any ribbing or whispers I would ask the ribbers and whisperers how many athletes they've seen with totally smooth bodies? There are many swimmers, competition cyclists, and runners who shave. And don't forget pro wrestlers (and to a lesser extent, boxers). There are many others from all walks of life who shave body hair and nothing is ever said, so if I were you, I wouldn't give a hoot what might be said, I'd just enjoy my trip to the fullest.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    You are going to be swimming and scuba diving! Those are both excellent reasons for shaving your legs. I doubt that anyone would bother to say anything, but if they do you have been given plenty of reasons for the shaving! Go for it, and have fun on your trip!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I would keep my legs shaved. Like you mention, the lotion application is far easier (I share your thoughts of lotion on hair, ewww). Keep your legs bare and get a great tan!

ask your wife what she would really like you to do. If she doen't care than do what you really want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by prettytoes View Post
    1)I am an avid bicyclist,
    2)I recently got a fantastic tattoo on my calf
    3)My wife is OK with it
    1)I think if your man enough to wear those spandex bike shorts in public
    then you should be able to handle the hairless legs as well

2)" Because I though having a hairless patch around my tat would look stupid. Duh"

3) The wife likes it - nuff said

PS: I would leave the pedi for at home though.
    Last edited by Sammy777; 01-27-2012 at 06:18 PM.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Banned Read only
    Keep shaving. No one will care or notice

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    The reasons you gave for having shaved legs seem pretty valid to me.I wouldn't think any of your friends would make a big issue of it.

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Especially if you are a cyclist or bit of an athlete in another sport- i'd say simply do not think about it- lots of guys shave their legs these days- the tattoo is an excellent reason to keep you hair trimmed. It's one of least noticed, and IMO, the least worried about changing your looks in a manner that is not totally 'hairy ugly male' mode.

The fee for this advice is a picture of your tattoo posted here!

Keep the legs smooth. You're a cyclist! I am too, and when anybody as asked or made a comment about my shaved legs, that's what I tell them. Shaved legs are a badge of "serious" cyclists; they make it cooler, they help prevent infection from road rash (easier to clean, hair doesn't trap dirt), massage is more effective, and they make you a bit more aerodynamic.

Well you can either tell them you got too close to the camp fire and it all burned away, or just look them in the face and say "I like it that way, okay?". I guess me havin blonde hair it's never come to anyone's attention....so I really haven't had to address the subject. But I'm ready with either one of those answers..

Renne.....

Your body hair is not anyone's business. You should not worry about what anyone says or thinks. If someone does comment, just tell them that you don't like body hair. That's all there is too it. Don't make excuses - there is no reason to make excuses because you are not doing anything wrong.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

I ,,, got ,,, it

hey paint your toe nails an they wont even look at your leggs :d:d:d:d or just tell em im a body builder we all keep clean shaved so we can see our bodys better,,, or tell em you a native amercan an dont grow hair on your leggs :d:d i got a ton of em
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Continue shaving. Do what Reine says to do, tell them what you told us.