Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuck "In Between"

Stuck "In Between"

Do many/most CD's feel they are stuck in between genders? I saw this mentioned by a few on another thread and it made me curious.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    That's an interesting topic, Whispers. There r tests u can take to find out where u lie on the gender scales of various researchers. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being a total male and 10 being a total female, I'm about a 2.5 on those charts!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

That's interesting, Sherry. I wonder how accurate these tests are and who designed them. Since so little scientific study has been done on cross dressing, I would be interested to know more about them and where they originated from.

I remember trying one of those, IIRC it said I wouldn't be happy 100% as either gender o_O.
    I'm not taking it seriously though since some of the questions seemed quite stereotypical and maybe even sexist.

I remember taking the test to find out what job category I would best fit in and I was all over the board. I just don't think you can fit everybody into ONE box.

Whisper, try this one:

www.gendertree.com
    You can also go to : www.allthetests.com and just enter 'gender' in the search box.

There are many others but these will get you started.
    No comment on their accuracy.

I'll get my husband to take those and see where he falls on the charts. Thanks!

Question for you genetic girls: do you like going to a spa? Do you like getting pedicures?

Yeah, me too!

NO, I hate for anyone to touch my feet and I hate having my nails ground on. I wish I never had to go again but my nails look horrid if I don't keep them done. I just waited a month before going to get my nails filled in b/c I dread going so bad.

I envy guys in some ways. You CD's aren't going to appreciate/understand this one...but they don't have to wear make up, get nails done, wear shoes/clothes that are uncomfortable. They get up take a shower, throw on deodorant, brush teeth, comb hair and out the door. Hey, maybe I got stuck in the wrong gender now that I think about it, lol.
    Last edited by WsprsOnTheWind; 01-24-2012 at 10:44 PM.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Yes, I do go to a Spa and I get both a manicure and a pedicure every two weeks. But I am still a man, even though I have painted nails and wear lingerie as underwear. I also wear a skirt and top almost every day. But that does not change my gender! I have no desire to be a female, I just like to dress like one, and have been doing it for over 60 years!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Yeah... That's the way I feel.... Be nice if I could just stay in one or the other... Either one... I'm really not that picky!!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by WsprsOnTheWind View Post
    Do many/most CD's feel they are stuck in between genders? I saw this mentioned by a few on another thread and it made me curious.
    You could get so many different answers on this one!

If you put GM's that only like to partially dress enfemme to the other extreme > TS that identify only as women, I think we are all over the place in between. Only the TS should probably know exactly where they fit. In my case I prefer female mode at about 80% although I probably only achieve 50% due to family and marriage commitments. Hope that makes sense.
    Last edited by Marleena; 01-24-2012 at 11:13 PM.

This stuff is SOOOO complicated! As I get a better handle on who and what I am, I would say that I am NOT stuck between genders but I am actually BOTH genders, or at least comfortable in both genders.

I envy guys in some ways. You CD's aren't going to appreciate/understand this one...but they don't have to wear make up, get nails done, wear shoes/clothes that are uncomfortable. They get up take a shower, throw on deodorant, brush teeth, comb hair and out the door. Hey, maybe I got stuck in the wrong gender now that I think about it, lol.
    Actually I do understand, I'm one of the 50/50s, right down the middle of the road, I took one of those tests, here are the results, that in my opinion were 100% accurate.

Your COGIATI result value is: -85 Which means that you fall within the following category:
    COGIATI classification THREE, ANDROGYNE

What this means is that the Combined Gender Identity And Transsexuality Inventory has classified your internal gender identity to be essentially androgynous, both male and female at the same time, or possibly neither. In some cultures in history, you would be considered to be a third sex, independent of the polarities of masculine or feminine. Your gender issues are intrinsic to your construction, and you will most likely find your happiness playing with expressing both genders as you feel like it.
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

Quote Originally Posted by Debglam View Post
    This stuff is SOOOO complicated! As I get a better handle on who and what I am, I would say that I am NOT stuck between genders but I am actually BOTH genders, or at least comfortable in both genders.
    This is where I am, also: both genders. There are times when I like to be one or the other.

Thank you for this thread. It has been most enlightening. I took all the tests here. I am not a believer in putting people in boxes based on a few questions, and still don't. But the questions in the COGIATI test really made me think. It rated me 95 class 3, Androgyne. And i'm very confortable with that.
    This is what I love most about this forum, you can always leran something for everyone here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Have a look at Dr. Harry Benjamin's Gender Scale (for MtFs) developed in the mid 1960s, from Type 1 male identity, to Type 6 female identity:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_scale
    Reine

My essence would have been better expressed in female form but the paradox is that this essence, my energy that people feel subconsciously in my presence would not have "become" if I had been born female. I'm feminine because I was born in a male body so I do not feel stuck as much as appreciate the irony. God is a trickster so I must learn to be a magician.

It is interesting on this forum to experience " feel " the varying degrees of the masculine/feminine energies in the words from the men who post. With some they have a very strong masculine presence and others have a very strong feminine energy but most are somewhere in the middle. Of course this is abstract and subjective but thought I would share it anyway. You always see this energy expressed in long term intimate relationships to create a power balance, everyone falls somewhere on a line between two opposite poles.

Silver Member
    I am also a level 3 "androgyne". I don't see myself as between genders, I am just a male with an extra bit of femininity I express once in a great while. I look and sound like an ordinary cis male most of the time (except for the lack of facial and body hair, but hey that is my business and I am just advertising )

a beautiful metalhead JessicaM1985's Avatar
    Thank you Jillleanne for those links. Apparently, I'm 47% female. Basically confirmed what I already knew. I'm not stuck, so much as I am both. It drives me insane sometimes that I can't be just one. Life would make SO much more sense if I were either just male, or I was just transsexual. But I'm neither. I have to have my male side in addition to my feminine side, or I will be miserable. Yet not having a clear, single gender confuses me, thus making me miserable. Perhaps in that sense, yes I'm stuck. :/
    "To deny our impulses, is to deny the very thing that makes us human...." - Mouse from The Matrix
    Love me or hate me, I will always be myself.

I'm just the kind of gal that likes death metal, beer, and "dad" jokes. Oh and I build computers and play PC games.

Banned Read only
    Yeah, I'm definately "in between" right now and have no clue where I'm going...yet.

[SIZE=+1]The[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+3]COMBINED GENDER IDENTITY AND TRANSSEXUALITY INVENTORY[/SIZE]
    (COGIATI)

Your COGIATI result value is: 110 Which means that you fall within the following category:
    COGIATI classification THREE, ANDROGYNE

What this means is that the Combined Gender Identity And Transsexuality Inventory has classified your internal gender identity to be essentially androgynous, both male and female at the same time, or possibly neither. In some cultures in history, you would be considered to be a third sex, independent of the polarities of masculine or feminine. Your gender issues are intrinsic to your construction, and you will most likely find your happiness playing with expressing both genders as you feel like it.

SUGGESTIONS FOR ACTION:
    Your situation is a little tricky in our current society, but not tremendously so, depending on your geographic location.
    The suggestions for your circumstance are not overly complicated.

1. If you have any comfortability about your gender expression, some slight degree of counseling might well prove helpful. The primary goal would be to make it possible for you to enjoy your gender expressions free from any shame or embarrassment, and to resolve any remaining questions you might have.
    2. As an androgynous being, both genders, and both sexes are natural to your expression. Permanent polarization in either direction might bring significant unhappiness. It is not recommended that you go through a complete transsexual transformation. You might find a partial transformation of value, if you find yourself more attracted overall to the feminine. You are more likely a transgenderist, than a transsexual. It is recommended that you recognize that your gender issues are real, but that extreme action regarding them should be viewed with great caution.
    3. If you have not already, consider joining any of the thousands of groups devoted to gender play of various varieties. There is literally a world of friends to discover who share your interests. There are also publications, vacations, and activities that would expand your gender play.

Thank you for using the Combined Gender Identity And Transsexuality Inventory.
    Andrea
    One body, two spirits

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile....00001834525065
    Feel free to send me a FaceBook friend request.

Everything is not what it seems
    When you can get all you wanted in your wildest dreams
    You might run into trouble if you go to extremes
    Because everything is not what it seems

I don't know about "most CDs". I do not feel that I am stuck between genders. I am a male who likes to pretend to be a female from time to time. I suppose just to see what it feels like.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Hi Wsprs, The simple answer is no, I don't feel like I'm stuck in the middle. I choose to be in the middle. I like both sides of my gender expression. Would not want to give up either one for the other.

Platinum Member
    I don't place much weight on the tests for the very reasons you site above. I don't really think a person can be represented accurately by a one dimensional with male and female at the poles. My guess is that there are many dimensions to a personality and that each dimension can reflect characteristics of male and female.