Thread: Doh!

Red face Doh!

I'm looking to sell my venerable old guitar, a 1961 Fender Jazzmaster, and I contacted a store in Chicago this morning about possibly selling it to them. They wanted a few photos, so I grabbed the camera, laid the guitar in its case on the floor and snapped away, sent off an email with the photos.

Afterward, looking more closely at the photos, I realized that one of my big toes was in the photo (no shoes or socks on yet) and my dark red nail polish is clearly visible.

What an idiot.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Sweet ,, Ya think thats bad ,, The other day I was in the house just messing around an most of the time I have on flats just depends on whats going on ,, An the wife said ,,, Hey go get me a paper ,, So I walked out an got in the car an went to the store for the paper an suddenly realized that I still had on my flats ,, Oh well to late now got my paper an left ,, Ive noticed that most people dont even pay attention to that crap ,,, I think we sweat all that to much ???
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Banned Read only
    They're WAY more intersted in the guitar than your little red toes.

To be honest, if you didn't notice it at first when you were sending the photo, I don't think they will either. After all, they are looking at the photo to look at the guitar.
    So if the guitar is in fine condition, I don't think they would really care if its owner has painted toes.

Me thinks that Carol is leaking out. I had the same issues with Renne as she would leave stuff out for the SO to find. I'm not sure if it's my female brain telling me to come out or it's my awake brain coppin a senior moment.... D'oh...

Renne......

Lol..that's funny Carol! Just tell them your wife took the pictures if they ask. Just another oops moment in the life of a TG person.

Aspiring Member Longing2be-Trisha's Avatar
    Too funny Carol! Don't you just hate those moments! LOL!

Hugs
    Trisha

We have received your photos of your Jazzmaster Guitar and would be interested in buying it. Please have your girlfriend bring it down to the shop and ask her to wear open toed shoes. Thank you."
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Silver Member
    If you face was not in the photo, you could just say it was your wife's toe.

Heck with the toe, what would you like for the guitar?
    - AF

Look girl, act girl, feel girl ... be girl.

Just the other day I was taking pictures of myself with my cellphone and pressed the send key instead when I looked at it it was already being send! I think
    I stopped it in time though cause no one has call me about it

You live in Chicagoland..don't you? No big deal !
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Platinum Member
    Oh, what's a painted toenail these days!

Just hit the unsend button. Where is that anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by rogina garter View Post
    You live in Chicagoland..don't you? No big deal !
    Yes, but you might be surprised at how socially conservative some folks are here. My main concern was that it might negatively influence my business transaction. Probably won't though.

Quote Originally Posted by abigailf View Post
    Heck with the toe, what would you like for the guitar?
    Abigail, if I was selling it to another player, I'd be looking for around $4,000. It's nowhere near being in mint condition, unfortunately, it's a road warrior, but everything works and it plays and sounds just fine. I've seen a couple that were in perfect shape go for $14,000 or so on the Internet over the past year or so, hard to believe what vintage guitars go for nowadays. If you're serious about buying it, send me a PM and we'll talk. Let me know today, as I'm taking it to the guitar shop in the city tomorrow.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

...perhaps the buyer will be thinking ... if the guitar gets me chicks like the one in the photo...i'll buy it.
    Chickie

Aspiring Member
    At my age I wake early, dress in something feminine, take the dogs for a walk in the neighborhood. I follow the same routine on week ends and on those days fix some breakfast for my family. Our 20 year old is living with us, so about 9 am he joins us. Right before he comes downstairs to eat, at my wife's insistance, I go back into the bedroom to change. My hair is about 2 inches below my ear lobes (they get longer and longer each passing year) and on weekends and evenings I wear it down. Well sitting at the breakfast table, chatting with the family, I reach up to scratch my ear and realize that I was still wearing two hoops; one the size of a silver dollar and the other quarter size in each ear. Oops!

The same thing happens all the time, especially when I go out to check the mail, do an errand, etc. I realize that I am still wearing something to give my little secret away!

Something other than the guitar in the photo is no big deal. Nobody but you and the people you've told here know it was your toe in the photo.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I had a knock at my front door some time ago and it was a pair of religious fanatics trying to save me. The started to giggle and then I realized that I had answered the door in my bare feet with my freshly done pink glossy toes!

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KarenCDFL View Post
    The started to giggle and then I realized that I had answered the door in my bare feet with my freshly done pink glossy toes!
    "I hate it when people look me in the t..oes instead of in the eye."

You're a musician. You're allowed a few eccentricities. So don't sweat it.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar
    I love it. My wife was taking pictures of our dogs playing and was going to post them on facebook when she noticed a couple pictures had my toes in them, bright pink nail polish and all and one had me in a tshirt with my bra strap clearly showing. I almost wished she had put them out there as it would be my official outing shortly afterwards.
    I want to be this girl!

Well, I went to the guitar shop today, nothing out of the ordinary, sold the guitar.

Maybe I should have worn some sandals just to see if anyone would say anything.

Carol.
    My name is Carol.

Yes, I would have to agree Carol. You should have made sure you were wearing some nice strappy shoes and got a pic with all five toes and the shoe, showing the heel at it's best.