Thread: Amanda's latest adventure

Amanda's latest adventure

I have made countless trips to the mailbox and the gas station but only a handfull of real outings in public. Well last night I wanted to go to the movies. I also felt like dressing up en femme. So I figured why not.
    I left early,8:30pm expecting to have to work up the nerve. But siting in the car for a half hour was going to be silly. So I decided that I would take another baby step before the movie theater... I went into JC Penny's and shopped en femme! I even tried on a LBD while I was there. For those who don't know, Im 6'3" barefoot and the first thing I learned about going out in public is to try to stay relaxed. If you are uneasy it is likely to make those around you nervous. So I tell myself "OK Amanda, try to have fun and don't scare anybody" ). Every salesperson greeted me politely and I enjoyed being there very much. Sure, I was still a little nervous but by the time I left, I had the time of Amanda's life. But I wasn't done yet. It was time for the movie and I would have to talk to at least one person.
    I'm not one for changing my voice but we all have a tone we use when speaking to small children. So I try to speak with that comforting tone. Regardless, I bought a ticket and entered the theatre as any "normal" person would. There were not a lot of people at the 9:30pm but it surely wasn't empty but by now Im totally comfortable in my black knee length skirt, blue long sleeve blouse with flared cuffs, bare legs and 3 inch heels. I only wish I had bought that belt I found in JC Penny's! )

I must now add that being relaxed does not mean being unalert! Safety first, girls. Visit a place in drab before going en femme and stay aware of your surroundings. These are things I learned from other girls on this forum.

Bye bye for now
    ~Amanda

Congratulations Amanda! My first outing was also the movies. Isn't it an amazing feeling? You have just opened the door to a world full of fun. Keep us posted on your further adventures.
    Last edited by JessHaust; 01-25-2012 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Typo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Congrats on your outing. Movies are a fun way to go out.

going to the movies is one of my favorite CD activities Have fun
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Wow Kudus to you That took great courage and I bet you felt very proud of yourself .

Platinum Member
    Great Amanda! Youre absolutely right about relaxing. If you're relaxed, friendly and positive people seem to respond in kind. So glad you mustered the courage to shop a little before heading to the theatre!

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Good advice and thanks for sharing your experience.
    Dana Ryan

Did you find it hard to concentrate on the movie while you were dressed, or did you at a certain point forget that you were dressed differently than usual and start enjoying the movie? It sounds like you had a very positive experience, and I'm happy for you!

Thanks girls, for your kind words.
    Sveta, once i took my seat in the theater it was easy to enjoy the movie.

~Amanda