Thread: Want to go out for coffee, then here wear these!!!!

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar

Want to go out for coffee, then here wear these!!!!

A crossdressing friend invited me over to her apartment today for some "girly time chat", in which I accepted. Seeing that the weather was quite mild (and perhaps some influence from an earlier thread), I opted to wear a stylish maroon coloured satin blouse, a black blazer, a black pencil skirt, extra shine nude pantyhose and maroon heels. A look that I haven't done for awhile.
    I decided to take the bus instead of the car. I was quite surprised to see another friend from the LGBT* community (she's not a tg/cd person though) on the same bus. I obviously sat with her and we talked a bit. She was wondering if I was on my way to work or for an interview. I laughed at her assumption. Apparently she figured that I was swaying the down the path of her other transgendered friends have taken lately. I reassured her that my crossdressing wouldn't go that way.
    Anyhoo, I got to my destination and was very shocked to see my friend dressed very sharply. She had on a gorgeous sweater dress with a cute belt, fashion tights and a nice pair of ankle boots. I can't recall ever seeing her not in denim (jeans or skirt). She was telling me that she started to have an appreciation for the dressier looks and has accumulated quite the wardrobe with that influence. After chatting for 1/2 hour she excused herself to make a pot of coffee, as she knows that I don't like the instant crap. She quickly returned and mentioned that we need to go out for the coffee as she had none. So I suggested walking to The Fyxx which is an upper scale coffee cafe than the popular Tim Hortons. The Fyxx during the weekdays are mostly populated by people in their business suits and etc.
    She told me that she had to fix up abit before we go, eventhough I assured her that she looked wonderful. 15 minutes later she came out of her bedroom wearing jeans, a cami, a sweater and stylish type of sneakers (okay I confess the sneakers were quite cute though). I had no issues of her dressing down as she may not be comfortable with the dressy look out in public.....

BUT

In her arms she had a pair of jeans and a sweater for me to change into. She insisted that I wear more "blending in" clothing so that way we don't stick out as a couple of crossdressers. Of course I declined her "offer" and off we went.
    As we were walking the couple of blocks, I noticed that she was trying to distance herself from me a bit. Hmmm kind of transphobic you think?
    I ordered my coffee first so I was the one to choose where we sit and I chose to sit in the "common" area where interactions with other people is quite frequently seen. Before my friend got her specialty made beverage, 2 gentlemen and a lady (all nicely dressed) sat in the area and started chatting with me. I recognized one of the gentleman and the lady as political figures. My friend seemed to be somewhat nervous as she sat down. Could it be that she felt out of place wearing her "blending in" attire, eventhough she wasn't the only one in the place wearing denim?

Well her words after the coffee outting were "I should have not worn these jeans"
    Last edited by Princess Chantal; 01-25-2012 at 06:26 PM.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    She was right! She is a crossdresser and was properly dressed when you arrived. She should have gone with you dressed that way, which she now knows!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    She was right! She is a crossdresser and was properly dressed when you arrived. She should have gone with you dressed that way, which she now knows!
    Dressed properly for her mood that day and maybe her dressing down to her safety net didn't quite satisfy her

Yeah. Let's here it for dressing up. That's a great story. I've always said, wear what you want when you want. However, I like the 'tude of dressing up. At least two steps up from what you expect the crowd to be wearing... I'm thinkin' one step up from jeans/shirt would be slacks,blouse. While two steps up would be what you were wearing, skirt/blouse with jacket/heels.

Nice choice...

Thanks for sharing.....

Renne.....

Miss Chantal, sounds like a fun time,i glad to stayed dress like you wanted to, and not let others change your style. Great story.Your outfit sound like a great look.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    As you friend said that you looked like you were on your way to work , I am sure you fit right in with the business crowd.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    It sounds like she had the right idea and was trying to blend in. That is more than I can say for many CDers that I know. I give her credit for trying. Unfortunately she made the wrong choice in this situation. Don't gloat or say I told you so. Next time she will know better.

It sounds like she learned her lesson didn't she?
    https://www.facebook.com/josee.k.moore
    On my way to being whole.
    Jessica Katherine Moore

To think about, maybe she had the same state of mind as I do when I force myself into crossdressing when I'm not in the mood to do so just to fulfill an obligation or commitment. When I do so I tend to not enjoy that crossdressing time.
    She probably felt really good done up so sharply and perhaps the dressing down made her not enjoy the brief outting as much she would have if she didn't change.
    However, that is just jumping to assumptions. I could be way off the mark

That blows my mind (aging myself?) that she would insist that you, her guest, wear what she wants you to wear! Come on now, we are grownups!

"You have every right to tell me how you feel, you do not have the right to tell me how I should be."

At least she was willing to admit she made an error in judgement.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan