Thread: Underdressing at the gym?

Underdressing at the gym?

I was wondering how many girls change at the gym and where do you change? I have been underdressing in panties for about a year now and recently started going to the gym again (so far sticking to the new years resolution ) Since I have been going my wife has been with me so we have used the family locker room so my dressing hasn't been a issue but today I had to use the guys locker room for the first time. It was fairly empty so I had no problem undressing to get into the pool but getting dressed proved to be a little more difficult. The locker again was pretty empty except for a couple of guys a few rows over so I hastily tried to put my panties on under my towel but of course it came off and I hurried to cover up. Any tips to avoiding this problem in the future?
    Shawna

This is a tough one to do. I get undressed at the gym but I don't get redressed I just wash my face change my shirt and go home. I have to get undressed in the boys locker room, there is no family room. I try to do this when the gym is slow. Taking off my top and then undoing my bra is when I feel most awkward and I generally foul that up somehow. I have no probems with removing my other clothes, it's just my bra and forms. It's fun though and I like to compare fashion notes with the woman at the front desk when I arrive.

Jaime

Or you could do like I did a few years ago. Just put them on like it was no big deal and go about your business.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

If you are concerned about someone noticing (an unlikely, but understandable, concern), change in a bathroom stall.

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    Agree with Stacy. Changing after you shower, even if you plan it well and pick an area where you are not immediately visible to everyone there is very difficult to do if you don't want to be seen. You could try simple white panties, most guys wouldn't notice your underwear unless the color was pretty bright.

I put my shirt on first THEN my panties. The overhang of the shirt tail covers my butt.
    Vicky from Michigan

Wear an under stated women's exercise outfit and no one will notice your under dressed!! I do it at hotels that have exercise rooms. And I typically wear a sports bra and matching panties when I play ice hockey and no one says a thing. I don't shower there when I'm under dressed. Only when I'm not.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I agree with several of the posts. I go to the gym regularly, and try to wear neutral fashions; plain tops and jeans, and don't wear a bra. My undies are plain cotton briefs and tank tops or tee shirts. My bathing suit is a pair girl's gym shorts. It is not considered proper to look at people too closely, so by changing quickly and in a corner of the locker room (shirt on first, as above), no one notices a thing. If they do, no one has ever said or done anything to suggest they don't approve. My chest and legs are shaved, and no one seems to notice. Personally, I don't see well without my glasses, and this may be true of others as well.

Ruthie

This is NOT a Gym answer-----but while wearing my pretty nylon undies and Girdle, I totally go Balistic when I unbutton my pants and they just fall down so smoothly.

I wear a lacy slip alot under my boy clothes and when my slacks slide down, I just adore the vision of the nylon lacy of my pretty slip.

I started to type this before I realized that the key word in your post is "wife," so it's not really responsive. However, if any peeps are interested, here's a suggestion: If you live in a large enough metro area it shouldn't be too difficult to find a gym which caters to the gay crowd. Check to see if they would have an objection to you working out en femme. I have worked out in light makeup, full feminine gym clothes, spandex sports bra + forms, shorts, and pastel highlighted sneakers, etc. Although I'm the only CD I've seen there, there are a few butch women who have great physiques, and when I shower I'm definitely not the only male with no body hair. :-)

Aspiring Member
    I exercise 3 or 4 days a week after work. I change into my exercise clothing in the bathroom at work and then drive to the gym. I stash my coat and gym bag in a locker in the men's locker room and try not to make eye contact with any of the guys in there. If I have to do any changing I do it in the stall with the door closed. I wear a man's t-shirt over my sports bra and men's shorter shorts over white panties. My legs are shaved. I wear short lady's white socks and women's tennis shoes. It bothers me to see a naked man in the locker room. Needless to say, I don't stand there discussing the weather with him. Leanne

Thanks everyone for the reply's. Last night I went to the gym and went into the family locker room even though I was by myself. I think I got a few weird looks but nothing major but still I dont think I will be doing that again.

Aspiring Member
    Like a few others have said I change in a bathroom stall with the door closed

Quote Originally Posted by Leanne2 View Post
    It bothers me to see a naked man in the locker room. Needless to say, I don't stand there discussing the weather with him. Leanne
    It doesn't bother me, there have been naked men I've seen in the locker room that it takes all my energy *not* to look at them.

Ruthie

I could care less what people think in the locker room. I go to my aerobics class and change into my exercise wear consisting of ladies yoga pants and top. I don't wear a bra but if anyone sees my thong it's their problem.

I'm lucky in that my gym has private dressing rooms as an option.

I sometimes wear a black bike style unitard underneath my t-shirt and shorts when doing cardio or weight lifting. I recently bought a pair on New Balance women's cross trainers, and I wear them all the time. My legs are shaved. I socialize with lots of people there and have never, ever been questioned, and so I now never give it a second thought.

Once however, I after I came out of the pool, I noticed that the marks on my back from my bra (I was underdressed before I got to the gym) were still showing. Again, no one said a thing, but I'm a lot more careful now!

I do not go to the gym much but at a campground shower or pool I try not to wear my lace underwear. I wear a full nylon pantie and white and black have never been an issue. It is obvious they are panties but if you do not make anything of it people really do not care, at least that is my experience. I have been asked once and I told them I cannot wear cotton and that was the end.

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    Shawna- saw men's microfiber underwear at Target the other day (about $11 per day). They look and felt as soft as panties, but they are definitely male-cut. And they are designed to shed perspiration- maybe this would work for you?

Silver Member
    Since you seem to wear just panties when you "underdress" you could just wear plain panties with no decoration. There are tons of male briefs that look and feel just like women's panties so I would think there is really no problem.

Wearing a bra in the men's locker room might be a bit problematic, though.

S

I only live 2 miles from where i workout so I drive there ready to workout and shower when I finish my worout at home. I wear panties so it's not that big a deal. Where i used to workout before I had to change and shower there and I still wore panties. they were different colors but none were "ove the top". No one looked or even commneted on them. Not a big deal.
    Dana Fleming