Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frequency of taking pictures when dressed - how often do you do it?

Sveta I've never liked taking pictures of myself. I have more in girl mode already than I do in guy mode though. I deleted my first pictures in makeup and a crappy wig because I looked hideous.lol. I can see the progression enfemme from earlier pictures, so nice to have them. I really should get a tripod because I end up sitting the camera on whatever I can find. I'm not big into the picture taking thing so no big rush for it.

Oh... and I don't have any pictures of me when I was younger, I just started dressing fully a few months ago.

For your own sake and amusement in later years take plenty of pictures and enjoy the expeiances while doing it the memories will be priceless in a few years and you never know how they may help you to improve your look and style. But do have fun! I sure wish I had!

I tape pictures quite often. But mainly because I like to see the gradual improvement each time, and learn to improve dress/hair/makup by looking back.

Gold Member
    Never been that much of a picture taker. Even in an event where there are a lot of pictures being taken, I end up asking others for copies so I can have some of myself. I just don't tend to think of it.

I drag out the camera frequently particularly when I have something new or just trying to practice. I too find that the mirror really doesn't tell you what you need to know. To me the picture gives you more that you can study and hopefully learn what you need to improve.

I'm another girl who always takes pics when I'm dressed . If I look good I want to have a record of it so I can enjoy looking at it in the future. I will nearly always pick out one or two of the best from the day and post them on flickr. My collection there goes back a number of years and its interesting to watch my femme progression. So far my pics continue to look better as time passes even as I get older. I have a public profile on flickr as I enjoy being seen by others and receiving compliments. I've never had a critical comment amazingly .

pix

if u time it right and r nice u can get the girls u buy from 2 take them 4 u they love it when they know u & u give them a print or 2 they do it 4 me @ nail shop also & it is agreat learning tool its fun to have them in pic too if they have time to do their job as well I've even helped them w/displays & customers but be careful in that regard its their job and they know more than you do (esp if they really dont) i just need a faster small camera ( preferrably fuchsia or at least pink)

In my young and prettier days, I took photos more often than now when I'm older and less pretty, but I never took lots of photos. Back in the 1970's, if I wanted color prints, that meant I had to take my film to one of the local places that handled developing and printing, and there was always a risk of being outed if the kid at the photo counter took a look at your photos and realized what was going on.

My few photos of me on my Flickr pages (click here) cover about 29 years, from 1978 to 2007, as does my avatar image.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

cameras hate me! I'm not photogenic at all. I'm also shy, but that's not the issue; I'm really not photogenic.
    only in the last month I started taking some pics, mainly to check out what is going on with the makeup (something I'm really focusing now).

and while I do love your project, heck I don't wanna see a picture of me en femme from 10 years ago!!1! lol (don't pay attention to me, I'm a neurotic perfectionist control freak :x)
    [SIZE="1"]It is fatal to be a man or woman pure and simple: one must be a woman manly, or a man womanly. — Virginia Woolf[/SIZE]

Every single time I dress I take photo's. Half because I want to make sure I look sufficient before going out and half because I just love photography and like the fact that I can look back on my different styles and looks. Not to mention I turn myself on envisioned as a women. I guess that sounds sort of narcissistic huh? xD

I guess you could say I am building a portfolio. For what? No clue other than for myself. I love sharing my photos!

ciao!

Quote Originally Posted by FeminineFantasy View Post
    Every single time I dress I take photo's. Half because I want to make sure I look sufficient before going out and half because I just love photography and like the fact that I can look back on my different styles and looks. Not to mention I turn myself on envisioned as a women. I guess that sounds sort of narcissistic huh? xD

I guess you could say I am building a portfolio. For what? No clue other than for myself. I love sharing my photos!

ciao!
    OHHH I Agree cuz ya never know it might be your master piece,, An also to see if you have advanced or not ,,, I agree with every time !!!!!!
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    I take photos every time I dress more than underdressing. Fortunately for me that cant go back farther than 5 months, and really only about one month since I have been dressing, one week since makeup and wig. The more I can take , the more I can see what the F I am doing. Right now I am just doing it so fast that I have to force myself to slow down and smell the roses (or a least a floral perfume) and take n the scope of just what it is that I am really doing.

I am often amazed at the end of the week when what I have done begins to sink in, and I can begin to appreciate just what the wife must be thinking while it is all going on. this usually means she gets a special weekend...

OK, real reason is that at my age, the short term memory is going, and photos are the only way for me to remember just what the hell went on during the week.

Hugs to all, Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Julogden, I love your photo from 1978!! In fact I love all of your photos, but I love the way you've evolved, both in your personal dressing but also with the spirit of different decades. You definitely have the 70s and 80s look in some of your photos, which is really cool. I hope to keep dressing as long as you do and built a similar portfolio, just to see the progress.
    Back on the forums! But still very much closeted.

i went out and bought a 'gorilla' for the camera, best thing since satin camisoles and 5 inch heels

Quote Originally Posted by Sveta View Post
    Julogden, I love your photo from 1978!! In fact I love all of your photos, but I love the way you've evolved, both in your personal dressing but also with the spirit of different decades. You definitely have the 70s and 80s look in some of your photos, which is really cool. I hope to keep dressing as long as you do and built a similar portfolio, just to see the progress.
    Thanks, Sveta, I hope you do that too, as it's nice to look back and see where we've been and have memories of good times we're getting on in years.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

How many people take their own photos and how many are taken by their SO or friend? Just curious.
    I always take my own. Oh how I long for another to take my pictures for me!!!!

Rarely ever anymore. Been there, done that. If I do take one, it's generally me en femme with my s/o. Yes, I still have thousands I did take in the past. Makes for a good evening of laughs when I put the one of the sd cards in the tv set. Here's the last one I ever took. Sexy or what!!!!! lol
    Attached Images Attached Images