Thread: Am I even really a "cross-dresser"?

Smile Am I even really a "cross-dresser"?

I sit back and think alot where am I classified, I always assumed cross-dresser as I wear and prefer female attire and i was born male. Now which female attire do I wear daily? My undershirt is usually bought in the female section, my over shirts are bought in the male department, (or ebay as I am a picky color picker and store just ugh I love to shop but come out with nothing in the end ALOT). Anyway, my male shirts are very feminine in color, i.e. the shirt I am wearing now is a hot pink nautica polo shirt. Jeans pretty standard male jeans, I do have a few female jeans i wear on "special" occasions, also I have a few pairs of pajama and sweat pants bought in the female section i occasionally wear out. Shoes, all male there, unless ya count my pink shoe laces and girly. I maybe own 2 pairs of male boxer shorts, but have heard a comment from one of my lady friends about how short they are. Other than those 2 pair, my under wear are boy-short panties, variety of all colors. Also on cold days I wear leggings. Socks, OMG, i have sooo many different colors (all bought in ladies section).

As For make-up daily I wear mascara, with a light eye-liner. A silvery glittery eye-shadow noticeable but yet somewhat subtle. Totally probably all in my head no one notices. As for the lips I wear a lip-gloss that has a definite shine to it. Special occasions I do powder my face and wear the eye make-up a little thicker.

As for the hair. All my life I have worn short hair, by short I mean I kept it shaved down with a 2, and got it cut every week ritually. It has been growing for 3 months now, and even at only a few inches, I've heard "wow your hair is getting so long". Which it is getting long and will be long as soon as it grows out at which time I plan to get it styled. Eyebrows are always well plucked with no strays a lil thin to be "manly". Facial hair, non existent. Body hair (everywhere), non existent.

Sexual orientation, I consider myself "very open" . Attraction to females is strongest for me. My behaviorism is more feminine as my "manly" friends jest with me on how I run, my pinky finger out when i drink, how I scream when suddenly surprised, how i point, and my limp wrists. The way I sit. Alot of other lil things but im sure you get the picture.

I have been on HRT now for few weeks, and am very pleased with the small subtle changes. Mainly the feel of my skin, and the hair removal process and results. The thing I'm happiest about is my inner upper-upper thigh area used to be most problematic, now pretty much non-existent. Also when I do shave, its Sooooo much smoother and stays that way for sooooo much longer. My hands are hmm i guess ya could say different, my veins do not protrude out and feel softer and ??fluffier?? I am starting to feel more emotional for sure. Also I feel like I can connect with people on a different level than before.

Now Back to the question of am I really even a cross-dresser? I am me proud to be me in every aspect of me, so what I bend the rules of society. I would not trade places with anyone. So far this has been about 3 months in the making of being whom I want to be. I'm not trying to hide who I am nor will I deny or be embarrassed of who I am. I am a proud Christian, and very loving, kind, polite, and helpful person. I feel so good after 3 months and am looking very forward to how my life will be in 3 more months and beyond.

So if you've made it this far thanks for reading as I woke up in a sharing and typing mood this morning have a wonderful day
    *hugs*

(s

Are you trying to present yourself as a female? or an effeminate male?
    I consider myself the poster chid for cress dressing. When going out dressed, I try (sometimes poorly) to present myself as female.
    When I am in my normal day to day life, I am completely male. Short of the necessary things, pierced ears, shaved legs, chest and arms, nothing I do in male mode is feminine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by JessHaust View Post
    Are you trying to present yourself as a female? or an effeminate male?
    I consider myself the poster chid for cress dressing. When going out dressed, I try (sometimes poorly) to present myself as female.
    When I am in my normal day to day life, I am completely male. Short of the necessary things, pierced ears, shaved legs, chest and arms, nothing I do in male mode is feminine.
    I have no idea as to the category I am tryin to present myself as. I feel very in the middle.

Well, there really is no one way to feel in this group. A lot have referred to the 'Gender scale'. You are just somewhere in the middle. Relax and enjoy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

yeh just try not to think about it, feels good do it! looks good do it! etc etc you get my drift
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am not your judge. You are what you make yourself out to be.

However, the fact that you are on HRT suggests you are in transition, hence making you transsexual by definition. But again, only you can know who really are.

I too have a hot pink nautica polo. I hardly ever where it. Usually at work events or customer visits (never go into the jacket and tie bit and not starting now).
    - AF

Look girl, act girl, feel girl ... be girl.

Platinum Member
    well, it seems to me that you've described yourself - chosing what you describe as feminine styles even in male attire, grooming your eybrows, wearing make up and taking HRT, that you could consider yourself as a transexual, regardless of where your clothes are purchased. But you're also welcome to consider yourself a CDr too. The categories are pretty fluid and we're all pretty accepting.

Do you dress? Do you get angry sometimes? Then you're probably a cross-dresser ...

>bleugh<
    **-* Kath *-**
    Let them see that their words can cut you and you’ll never be free of the mockery. If they want to give you a name, take it, make it your own. Then they can’t hurt you with it anymore.
    ― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    There is no question that you are a crossdresser. If a person wearis the clothes of the opposite sex on a frequent basis, then that person is a crossdresser. How far you desire to go with your femininety will detirmine just what your crossdressing means. As an example, I am a crossdresser and I crossdress almost every day! But I have no desire to be a woman, so I wear no makeup or a wig. I am a man out in public dressed as a female. And the amzing thing is that nobody ever seems to care!! I do get asked things like where did I buy my skirt or my pretty top, but never anything negative! That attitude of mine is why my late wife totally supported my CD'ing for the almost 50 years we had together. Of course when she was alive I did go out lookining a lot more like a real Stephanie, since she would do my amkeup and fix my wig! But my voice will always give me away, because it is definitely masculine!

I hope everything works out for you!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    The real question is, what do you want to be? And that is what you are.
    Dana Ryan

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Most folks HERE mite think you're a CD, J. But, if I think you're a duck, would that REALLY MATTER?

The only important thing is what U think of yourself! And, it sounds like you're GOOD on that front! Nice post! Thanks for it and best of luck!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I don't even consider myself a crossdresser anymore, I am simply someone who embraces all things feminine.

From what I have been told anyone that wears clothing that is for the opposite sex is a CD. That would make most CD phobia peeps out there shudder to think that they are those they rally against. I would be considered a CD b/c I like some male clothes...however, I have never considered myself a CD. I am simply a woman who likes the comfort of men's clothes. IMO, there is more to being a technical cross dresser than just dressing in feminine attire.

Each one of us is an individual with a unique set of needs and desires, I am what I am, you are what you are. If you know the secret handshake you are officially a crossdresser.

I would be interested in knowing how you came to be on HRT. Are you being closely monitored by a physican? Your concern of 'who you are' seems answered based on your last statement of yourself. Concentrate on being happy and healthy and forget the labels.

Quote Originally Posted by DanaR View Post
    The real question is, what do you want to be? And that is what you are.
    This pretty well nails it. Just be you.