Being retired I get a lot of en femme time. Friday is my favorite day for being en femme because I love watching the Today Show with Kathy Lee and Hoda. My favorite segment is the ambush makeover, when two women are selected from the outside barricades for a makeover.

I'm always astonished as to how attractive the women end up being. I know some probably wear the grubbiest attire when trying to make the cut, BUT, when your hair looks like a rat's nest..... what gives?

I've seen some rather attractive women appear who have let themselves go because of child rearing chores and do not have the time to pay attention to themselves. But, please why are you letting yourself go for twenty plus years?

Now, I do not mean packing on some excess pounds, because, I have had many female friends and professional acquaintances who dress nicely, wear appropriate makeup and have poise.

I love watching the Today Show because of the attractive attire and great makeup all the women have on.

I know I try my best with what I have to look great en femme. Please, please don't let yourselves go downhill. I know women who look stunning in work boots, flannel shirts and jeans because they have taken care of themselves.

And, yes, yes and yes again. I have male friends and relatives who look like they take extra time to look like something the cat dragged in.