Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do you wear makeup?

Why do you wear makeup?

In the war against masculinity, makeup is an essential tool within a crossdresser’s arsenal. Makeup comes in many forms, serves varying purposes, and is amazingly versatile. With makeup in hand, a worthy crossdresser is possessed of the ability of disguise, and becomes a master of illusion.

But just what exactly is the goal of makeup for a crossdresser? Is the goal to assist with achieving the appearance of a woman, or is it simply an aid to escape the appearance of a man?

As for me, I am a makeup junkie. I love, love, love makeup. Just the mere act of applying makeup, in fact, and methodically removing and erasing the outward appearance of my masculinity is quite pleasurable and rewarding in and of itself. I seek to escape the outer male, and proactively alter my appearance to that of a woman.

In this, when I am blessed with time for escaping my reality, it is my desire to harmonize my outer appearance with my inner feelings, emotions, and being, to the extent I may. Consequently, makeup allows me the temporary veil and mask of outer femininity that I so covet, and am otherwise missing.

After all, failing affirmative attempts at deception, the mirror speaks no lies. Without the benefit of makeup, all I see within its cursed dimensions is the physical man that I am. Makeup, however, completely changes the field of battle . . . .

So why do you wear makeup? Do you do so to take on the visage of a woman? Or do you do so to escape your own reflection in the mirror? Perhaps it is a combination of the two, or is it for a reason altogether different?

Oh you and these questions Anne!

Quote Originally Posted by Anne2345 View Post
    But just what exactly is the goal of makeup for a crossdresser? Is the goal to assist with achieving the appearance of a woman, or is it simply an aid to escape the appearance of a man?
    During the oh-so-brief time that I get to be the woman I want to be, makeup is what helps me not only look, but also "feel" authentic. I can think of nothing in the male world that would equate to sitting down in front of a mirror and making yourself look pretty! Not only the transformation, but the process are therapeutic.

As for me, I am a makeup junkie. I love, love, love makeup. Just the mere act of applying makeup, in fact, and methodically removing and erasing the outward appearance of my masculinity is quite pleasurable and rewarding in and of itself. I seek to escape the outer male, and proactively alter my appearance to that of a woman.

In this, when I am blessed with time for escaping my reality, it is my desire to harmonize my outer appearance with my inner feelings, emotions, and being, to the extent I may. Consequently, makeup allows me the temporary veil and mask of femininity that I so covet, and am otherwise missing. . .
    Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes!!!

Debby

I'm contractually obligated to wear it. L'oreal... and I'm worth it!
    ​Cindy

Makeup is the mask I need to HELP me pass
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I have to admit that I don't know a great deal about make up, I don't even know how to grab an eyeliner pencil or brush..the basic thing that I believe as a necessity is cover the beard shadow

In the war against masculinity, makeup is an essential tool within a crossdresser’s arsenal. Makeup comes in many forms, serves varying purposes, and is amazingly versatile. With makeup in hand, a worthy crossdresser is possessed of the ability of disguise, and becomes a master of illusion.
    What a wierd parargraph! I wear makeup because I am tactile. It's got nothing to do with any battle of the sexes.

Or is it just a fun thing to do?

Not all of us feel the way you do. The tone of your post suggests that you assume (incorrectly) that all crossdressers are anti-masculine. Not true.

In this, when I am blessed with time for escaping my reality, it is my desire to harmonize my outer appearance with my inner feelings, emotions, and being, to the extent I may. Consequently, makeup allows me the temporary veil and mask of outer femininity that I so covet, and am otherwise missing.
    This is your opinion, and I respect your opinion.

After all, failing affirmative attempts at deception, the mirror speaks no lies. Without the benefit of makeup, all I see within its cursed dimensions is the physical man that I am. Makeup, however, completely changes the field of battle . . . .
    Of course mirrors tell lies. What I would really like to know is why you have such a low level of self-esteem as a man? My belief is that, simply because you are a human being, you are worthy of others' respect. Why would you feel otherwise?

So why do you wear makeup? Do you do so to take on the visage of a woman? Or do you do so to escape your own reflection in the mirror? Perhaps it is a combination of the two, or is it for a reason altogether different?
    My reason is clearly very different from yours. I wear makeup because I can. Why should women have all the fun?

Quote Originally Posted by BARBARA_MELENDEZ View Post
    I have to admit that I don't know a great deal about make up, I don't even know how to grab an eyeliner pencil or brush..the basic thing that I believe as a necessity is cover the beard shadow
    You're naturally pretty, Barbara
    ​Cindy

I agree with Debby 100%; nothing in manhood compares to the joy of making yourself look and, therefore, feel pretty!!!

i do it for the 2 reasons that you mention...it helps me to feel more femme, also to hide from my reflection. but i'm still not happy with my reflection, so lately i just cover the mirror with make-up...seems to help a little. lol
    paula

Quote Originally Posted by clayfish View Post
    Not all of us feel the way you do. The tone of your post suggests that you assume (incorrectly) that all crossdressers are anti-masculine. Not true.
    I don't think that is what Anne was suggesting. Just the internal struggle between our own levels of masculinity and femininity.
    Last edited by Debglam; 01-27-2012 at 07:38 PM.

The war against masculinity?I must be a double agent then,and the mirror still shows a man but with the veil of femmininty,it is the inner person that I hope comes thru via action and deeds ,but I do find the challenge even after all these years of applying my "face"somewhat enjoyable even for the perfectionist that I am.Please keep your thought provoking threads coming they are quite enjoyable Anne.

Bye-Bye,Lisa.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

I think I look better with makeup than without. It makes me feel good about myself (and hides my beard)

I ****ing hate make-up. All that effort to learn something to cover your face which in the long run your skin so isn't going to thank you for.
    The ultimate woman is a man - House

Banned Read only
    I wear makeup to NOT look like a man when I am trying to present as a woman. Ideally I want to pass as a woman but at a minimum, I want to blend in. To do that, I need makeup.

I don't, yet. The last time I wore lipstick ( at least five years ago ) I found myself in tears for some reason, I think it brought on a sudden realisation of the gulf between feminine and masculine norms, the colouring and greasing of the lips as a sign of sexual availability .. it was just too much for me then! I feel differently now and I'm planning to make myself up, but I won't rush into it. There's such a huge range of colours and textures to play with, and I'd hate to make a mess of it .. it's quite scary to me to put pencils across my eyelids for one thing, and as for lines of glue to hold false lashes .. .. I guess that I want to see the feminine me in the mirror, not a drag queen or pantomime dame, so great care and patience required!

I feel no dislike or discomfort with my 'bloke' self, though! I guess I'm lucky xxx
    It's complicated, then again it's simple ... where did I put that skirt?

I wear it to escape the male, I do it to immerse myself in the female, and I do it because I love the feeling, smell and even idea of wearing it...

Anna

Silver Member
    I wear beauty makeup because I like the way it looks, because it is pretty, because it is sexy.

I once wore heavy corrective makeup to help me pass and cover my formerly heavy beard, and that I didn't enjoy.

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    As you are aware, I also love all the aspects that makeup has to offer. Just going to the MAC store affirms the woman within me. It's the whole process of applying my makeup to go out completes the transformation and sets my mind to become Rachael.

Silver Member
    I like the way it makes me look but also love the feel and the smell of it on my face, eyes and lips---the whole effect is sensual
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Because I don't feel Sophie's here unless at the bare minimum I've got foundation on.Fred Flintstone in a dress aint a good look lol

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I started with the concept of "cover the guy".

Moved on to "it's a strong feminine cue"

Then I realized that I look younger in makeup. If nothing else, that sells me on it!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Because I have seen me without it and it isn't pretty. I have magic makeup that makes me 20 years younger,and makes me look like I had a nose job, and makes me pretty dammit! I am pretty I am, I am, really I am.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

It's so feminine and soo hot! Just really started getting into eye makeup in about the last year. But I remember the rush I got the first time I tried on my mom's eyeliner nearly 40 years ago. So I guess it's a fetish for me. I try to put makeup on lightly, yet got some different eyeshadow recently that looked terrible!

How can one be a diva, such as moi, without wearing makeup ? I just love to transform and the application is still a fantastic high.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I don't wear makeup at all. My late wife always did my makeup and fixed my wig so that I could "pass!" When she died almost 7 years ago I decided to just be a man in feminine clothing! So that is what I do, I dress enfemme but with no makeup and no wig! I may be wearing a skirt and pretty blouse, but I am a man!! And of course I have on panties and a bra!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!