Thread: Woman Skills

Aspiring Member

Smile Woman Skills

I can only under dress or dress at home however I have noticed I have developed some "woman skills". Has anyone thought about this, or would you like to add to the list? I do have pierced ears and can put in my earrings with out looking in a mirror. I can unfasten my bra with one hand. I don't get to walk very far in heels but I can nanage them. Just a fun little thought, welcome your comments!

Sherrii

I have shoulder length hair and wear it in a feminine style even when I am in everyday guy mode. I have noticed that after i got it to the current length that I have been keeping it at for the last couple of years I have gotten very good at whipping up a style with in seconds some times. It's gotten to the point that say on a hot day in the car I can pull my hair back put it up in a pony tail or half pony tail, pull about an inch out from my bang to hang down and frame my face and proceed to drive without even missing a beat.

Thought of another. I have got quite good at tying a bow behind my back.

I have become much more proficient in buttoning shirts with the buttons on the "wrong" side.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherrii View Post
    I can only under dress or dress at home however I have noticed I have developed some "woman skills". Has anyone thought about this, or would you like to add to the list? I do have pierced ears and can put in my earrings with out looking in a mirror. I can unfasten my bra with one hand. I don't get to walk very far in heels but I can nanage them. Just a fun little thought, welcome your comments!

Sherrii
    One thing that I've noticed about heels is that those heels that I'm so practiced and confident with at home can become rather scary stilts when I'm out in the real world! That doesn't stop me, just makes me a bit more cautious!

The bra I can do (sometimes), tiny necklace clasps drive me nuts, and I'm very glad that my wife and i can do each other's zippers. Mimi has also taught me how to drive with drying nails, another important skill!

The harder skills are the behavioral ones. Walking, talking, etc. like a GG. Those take a lot of practice.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

heels do wonders for your normal balance.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I'm starting to look at the psychological and intercommunication skills. These are more subtle but after one's presentation is working, it is these skills that come to the fore. I started with smiling more, talking to my wife about how she reacts in various situations, and just watching GGs interact in public. It is amazing how this changes one's thinking!

tina

Back hook and zipper skirts used to drive me crazy...now it's second nature.
    Hooking a bra behind me....like opening my cell phone (and my wife can't do it).
    Heels?? Well, I've been wearing them forever and learned how to walk in them when I was 10. My wife is still amazed that I can wear stilettos and walk confidently while she prefers a stacked heel an inch shorter...lol.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    I am learning and improving daily. I can put lipstick on without a mirror now. Back zippers have improved the flexibility in my bad shoulders, but not enough to do a bra properly, still a spinner. I am getting good at 3 to 4 inch heels, which is all i can get my feet into - just have to have a proper fitting shoe, my worst problem.

I am looking forward to mastering more of these skills.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

I can now apply eyeliner and eyeshadow, it doesn't look like a 4 yr old did it (OK maybe an 8 year old now). I can keep a bra on for 12 hrs + if needed and not complain as long as its one of my better fitting bras.
    I can walk in heels, but I have bad feet and I really can't wear them for more than an little bit.

Heels aren't a problem, but I walk like a stevedore. Still working on the runway walk. Voice is still very masculine, but I've been working on that. Fact is, after 10+years of trying, I'm still a guy in a dress. I'd like to dress fulltime, but I haven't the confidence, and that's what it takes. With confidence the details will be overlooked by most people.

Dee

Yeah, if you're going to wear heels, practice, practice, practice. Forward, backward, sideways, the whole shebang. (As a side note, I've been paying attention to it lately, and I see a lot of GG's who need more practice, but that's no excuse for sloppy footwork.)

think of it like learning any other skill. Get the fundamentals down and go from there. Get the right tools (as per Purple's silk glove recommendation) from the start- it'll save you a lot of aggravation (and possibly money)
    Silk and Steel

Doing anything, and I mean "anything" with long nails. I'm fairly good with medium length. Although my nails are the last thing I do when leaving the house.
    May everyone you love-love you
    Kimberly Ann
    www.flickr.com/photos/kimmie487

I too have gotten so use to buttening blouses a mans shirt seems backward! And carrying a purse for me is so natrual that I don't own a wallet! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone: