Thread: How much closet space?

Aspiring Member

How much closet space?

I just took some of my wife's clothes from the laundry room and hung them up in our closet. I noticed that her clothes take up most of the available space. She has 14 feet of hanging space and I have 2 feet. But in another closet I have 5 feet for my hanging feminine clothes.
    So my question is, in all of your closets, how many feet of rod space do you get to use and how much is for your SO? And how does it divide up for you between your male and female clothing? Leanne

Platinum Member
    My wife has a walk in closet that has full double racks on both sides - so that works out to something like 32 linear feet of closet rods... I have a separate closet with about 10 feet of rod...its 50-50 girls stuff and guy stuff, but the balance is beginning to shift towards the girl stuff.

In the bedroom we have hers, hers and hers closets. LOL.. the 'his' is about 2 feet enough for a few shrits and a pair of jeans... Now for Renne's closet, in the basement, it all fits in a 3' wardrobe box (that's just for the LBDs). Everything else is packed away in 10 - count em 10 18gallon storage bins.... I really need an entire closet for these outfits....

Renne.....

We have three closets in our house, my wife uses one big one, I use both other closets: one is full of my women's clothes and the other is half my women's clothes and half male clothes. Hmmm...looks like a 3 to 1 ratio for me. My wife and I have about the same amount of female clothes but I definetly have some skirts and dresses than she had.

We have one ten foot closet, and one 5 foot closet. I hung second rods doubling the rod space so all tops, slacks, and skirts can be hung in the 10 foot closet which we share. All dresses and male clothing goes in the 5 foot closet. Male sweats, jeans, and tee's all go in dresser to save rod space. So we each have about 12.5' of closet space.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    My wife and I share a walk in closet plus I have a closet just for Stacey
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Who needs closets when you can have floorpiles!
    It's a product of laziness and not having enough space.

My wife and I have about equal closet space upstairs, about 5 feet each. Of course she has 3 times what would ever fit there while mine has almost all of my guy stuff.

Downstairs I have approx. 25 feet of hanging rods as well as drawers and other storage......and that's getting to be not enough!!
    Sally

It's complete mayhem over here in an apartment with only one walk in closet and one bathroom. My SO definitely has fewer clothes, but we are both clothes-horses with no end to the madness in sight.

We need to move to a place with a lot of closet space and 2 bathrooms...fighting over the mirror isn't becoming of two ladies.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

our house is really really small so all we have is 1 closet at maybe... hmm, 1,5m together for the clothes hanging... then we have 2 drawers each with some other clothes!

For me, Esmes clothes takes up maybe 1/3 of mine so far! Dream would be to have a huge walk in closet for both (all 3) of us
    My whole life I have been dressing up as a man. This is me.
    Maura - Transparent

Find me on any of these places:
    Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I am a widower so I have all the space! There are 3 bedrooms, each with a large closet. Every closet has a lot of female stuff in it, plus one bedroom has 4 standing hanging racks which are full of female clothes! And all those female clothes are mine!! Way too many! My male clothes take up a small space in one closet!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I have a lot more dresses and skirts unlike my wife, and I actually wear them (she wears only pants and shorts).
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Banned Read only
    How about fourteen xerox boxes plus two other large boxes? How does that translate to linear feet? I have about three linear feet for my guy clothes I usually do not wear daily. My daily stuff is hung on the back of the dining room chair or on the floor. Wife hates tripping over my jeans and footwear. I have to maintain a respectable guy image!

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    We have5 closets of 8' each available. Wife occupies 3 - one filled, others half full. One is in my study, and is 1/2 full with old guy stuff that needs to be thrown out. My closet in the bedroom is just 1/2 full with guy stuff, and shrinking, I use less than 25% of the guy space. The other 1/2 has been filled to overflowing in just 5 months.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Closet space is share equally if I want to keep the SO happy. We have about 28 feet now and we are turning a bed room into a walk in closet. That should keep us happy for a few years.

Silver Member
    We have our own closets

Aspiring Member
    Ah, but Bree, how many feet of hanging space do you have counting all of the rods? I think close to 30 feet is the record so far. Leanne

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leanne2 View Post
    Ah, but Bree, how many feet of hanging space do you have counting all of the rods? I think close to 30 feet is the record so far. Leanne
    Oh I dunno, maybe 20-25 feet. The fact that I don't have to share is what makes me happy

Since I live alone, I get all the closet space to myself which means all my pretty clothes can be stored properly on hangers and in drawers. All my drab clothes end up on the floor.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

I'd love to measure all of the linear feet of clothes rack but I'm a little too lazy. So let's see . . . we have two walk-in closets in our bedroom, my spouse has the smaller one and I share the larger one with my male self about 50/50. But then I also have three large clothes racks taking up another bedroom!

The vanity in her bathroom is about 5'3" (1.6m) while mine is 8'5" (2.57m) but she has the sunken tub and bidet while I have a shower.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).