Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Purse

The Purse

I went to the hospital this morning to bring my wife home after a hysterectomy and walked in with her purse thinking she would want it with her. Since I only underdress and have never considered going out en femme (my moustache!) I carried it from the parking lot uncomfortably like any man would, hanging straight down, held by the straps (?).

As I approached the front door of this rather large/busy hospital I thought of all the girls here who face their fears and go out and thought, if they can do it, I can certainly try this, even if it is a baby step. So I pulled the purse up past my wrist near my elbow, and carried it in with my forearm parallel to the floor like a real girl would. I tried to carry it naturally (like I'd done it all my life) and was dismayed as I made the long walk to the elevator and passed no one.

The elevator door opened to reveal a nice-looking woman riding from the lower level to the third floor. I could feel her watch me as I stepped in, tilted my hips slightly and held my purse up proudly with my wrist naturally limp. I was about to offer her a soft/sweet hello, but she spoke first.

"That purse looks wonderful on you!" she said, admiringly. My mind raced for something to say but I was at a momentary loss for words until I just blurted out (honestly) "I'm looking for a dress to go with it!" and smiled.

We both laughed and I had to step out on the second floor, but she had no idea how much I really meant it and since joining this site a month ago I now know the girl inside of me is real. I am now scared as hell where this is going, but in an instant I got some real respect for all of you who do what you have to do to overcome your fears and grow up to be big girls.
    Gianna
    Attached Images Attached Images

What a great story and so glad that you ran into a nice person to chat with. It's pretty rare these days as most rarely make eye contact with me....

Thanks for sharing....

Renne.....

Yep !!! Its realy great to have a real conversation about something so simple but so inportant to you . But ill tell ya ladys ,, If ya realy weed out the haters an get down to the real woman they dont realy care if your man or woman or somewhere in between ,, That lady mite just as well been a purse nut ,, There is alot out there ,, Or i have came across chix that just LOVE to talk about shoes ,, No matter who it is , An clothes been in long talks with girls in stores an alot of places ,, An once they realize you know what your talkin about heyyyyyyyy they love an forget about gender or anything else ,, So just strike up a conversation with someone you might be plesently suprized to make a friend or aleast have a girly talk that makes someones day.
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Banned Read only
    Your thread made me smile. Many years ago I would carry my wife or GF's purse or pocket book with it hanging as low as possible. Just this past Thursday, I was at the dentist with my wife there with me. She had her purse in the the backroom, with me, when she got a call and went outside. The Dentist told me it will take him about 30 minutes to do work in another room and that I can get up and walk outside too. So of course I picked up my wife's purse and tucked it under my arm where it seemed so natural, and I walked down the hall and passing many nurses, till I made it outside. Felt good for those few minutes. It's crazy what thoughts go through our heads at certain times isn't it?
    L&R...........Tara

What a beautiful purse. I still don't know if you like the purse Gianna, You were taking it to your wife. I would have been proud to take it to my wife but I would much rather carry it as my feminine side. I would like to use not just carry it. A purse is what got me to where I am today. Now I have to get a better one but I can't afford a nice one as that one as I am not a real GG.lol Great going you are now on the front lines llke the rest of us. We will be accepted fully one of these days.

Contessa Marie
    [COLOR="blue"]Contessa Marie D

I'm TG. A fem-male so I look male sometimes.

Dressing is necessary, the type of clothes you wear not so much.

This above all to thy own self be true!

Great stories! I hate carrying a purse for the wife in guy mode!

Now I need to get used to carrying one in girl mode...ugh. I think a purse is the final step for me, I have a mental block about even touching them.lol

I've often carried my wife's purse while she was otherwise occupied, such as in trying on clothes. Now I carry my own all the time in guy mode and end up holding two purses.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Purses r SO EASY in drab! Considering, the LAST thing anyone could imagine is me in a dress. ANYTHING fem in drab is easy!

I can't tell u the number of times I've joked around with folks looking at, or waiting to buy, fem things!

"Do u think it matches my eyes?"
    "Now, where can I find matching shoes?"
    "My daughter? No, it's for ME!"
    "I hope it fits!"
    "Do u think $5 is TOO MUCH?"

Unfortunately, when I appear dressed, the laff ALWAYS seems to be on me! And, if they DON'T laff, I get REALLY WORRIED!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

That's a great story. Is that a REAL Coach purse? If so, that may be why she noticed.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

I carry a purse in guy mode all of the time and never leave home without. Why do you hate carrying the purse in guy mode? Why do guys make such a big deal out of carrying a purse? In Europe, many guys carry purses.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    Great stories! I hate carrying a purse for the wife in guy mode!

Now I need to get used to carrying one in girl mode...ugh. I think a purse is the final step for me, I have a mental block about even touching them.lol
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Luv tha purse. It only gets better. My greatest fuzzy's are the ones I get from GG girls...what they Dont gimme when endrab so... I continue. Theyre SO hot! All em...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie001 View Post
    I carry a purse in guy mode all of the time and never leave home without. Why do you hate carrying the purse in guy mode? Why do guys make such a big deal out of carrying a purse? In Europe, many guys carry purses.
    It's the last male bastion I have. I'm sure it's fear of discovery, my last hurrah so to speak, before I give in completely to femininity.

My main purse is huge, but a girl gotta have one when she leaves the house.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    My personal feeling is that any woman who says "That purse looks wonderful on you!" is either ridiculing you or actually thinks it suits you. Me being me, I think that she liked it. I wish I had the courage to carry a purse in boy mode myself, but I have no qualms about carrying my wife's in public if necessary.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    ...I wish I had the courage to carry a purse in boy mode myself....
    Depending upon the purse, not much courage is required. Mine is beige ballistic nylon with a purple stripe and a wide shoulder strap:

Technically, it's a sporty bag for women. In reality it looks fine on a guy, particularly when worn cross-body.

My femme purse is big and pink. I wouldn't wear that one in guy mode!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Wonderful thread! I think we've all felt some of those stray feelings; happily I'm now at the point where I'm at least comfortable carrying my wife's purse whenever the need arises.
    I don't want to hijack this dandy thread, so I will soon start another one to ask what everyone carries in her purse.
    Hugs -- Diane

Hello girls! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences. I'm starting to feel like one of you and that I kinda belong. Contessa, I was only mildly aware of what a Coach purse is, knowing only that it came from Neiman Marcus and must be really expensive, but it could have been from Target for all I care. I now love that purse because of how it made me feel. I now admit that I could have left it in the trunk of the car but instead chose to wear that purse for all to see. What I learned is that though small, today was an opportunity to publicly reveal the girl inside and as anxious as I was, I took the chance and am tickled with my tiny little adventure!
    Tara, yes it did feel good to walk through the halls of the hospital and just be myself. I'm wondering how addicting this style of relaxation/exhilaration can be. The crazy thoughts started flowing and I started studying just about every woman that came into my view. Admitedly this is all new and exciting. I just never knew it could be this wonderful and the result of one silly purse.
    Gianna

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    A purse is a Handbag right? the old transatlantic language barrier in action lol,Its weird but I feel really awkward when I have to carry my wifes,For goodness sake I go out all the time dolled up,actually my friend gave me one of hers as a gift.Why should I have this awkwardness,wheres my bottle gone-anyone?

Sophie
    Last edited by t-girlxsophie; 01-30-2012 at 01:42 AM.
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by t-girlxsophie View Post
    A purse is a Handbag right? the old transatlantic language barrier in action lol,Its weird but I feel really awkward when I have to carry my wifes,For goodness sake I go out all the time dolled up,actually my friend gave me one of hers as a gift.Why should I have this awkwardness,wheres my bottle gone-anyone?
    Yes, an American English purse is a British English handbag.
    American English wallet is British English purse.
    I won't address the Fanny Pack issue...

Why should CDers be awkward in this situation? C'mon, you're getting a free opportunity to wear a feminine item right out in public and have the perfect excuse if challenged by the Gender Police! It's the ideal First Step Out!

I also find it amusing to watch other (ostensibly non-CDing) husbands when they have been given Purse Duty. They hold it in much the same way as they would hold a week-dead fish. I feel casually superior when shopping in male mode as I heft not only my wife's purse but my own over the same shoulder and browse the racks...
    Eryn

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    I won't address the Fanny Pack issue...
    Thank you Eryn for clearing that up

I am aware of the Fanny Pack Issue,wouldve been some awkward situations if I didn't know

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

"I won't address the Fanny Pack issue....." ????????????

SarahLynn
    Great leaders are not great because of their words or deeds but because of the greatness they inspire from others."
    (Legends of the StarDancer)

You have brought up a subject that I just never have thought about. Maybe I'm secure in myself in which ever persona I'm projecting or I am just one of those people that don't worry about what others think or say. But I carry my wifes pocketbook for her anytime she ask me to. And mine when I need it as Fran. No-one has ever mentioned it or made any obvious sign of even noticing it.

I always carry my wife's purse in girl mode, why not? It feels great too!

I carry my own bag, cross body all the time in guy mode, in fact I don't leave home without it. If anybody says anything I just tell them its big enough to carry and protect my tablet when I need to carry it around with me. I also carry 2 cell phones, a wallet, mp3 player, antacid, breath supplies etc, pockets just aren't big enough. GG's have the right idea.
    I like my closet, its where all my clothes are

Quote Originally Posted by t-girlxsophie View Post
    A purse is a Handbag right? the old transatlantic language barrier in action
    Sophie
    The trans-Atlantic translations are of course correct. Interestingly, Shakespeare (certainly English, whoever really wrote the works) also used "purse" as a sly reference to female genitalia!