Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Purse

I started to carry one in guy mode about a year ago. It not reel femme but it holds all my stuff. I got tiered of trying to put all my stuff in my pockets phone, wallet, reading glasses, sun glasses. No one cares I take where ever I go. My wife likes it becouse I don't ask her to carry my stuff. And the cool thing is you get to put all the little things in there that you normally would not carry. And did I mention you get to carry a purse. Of course I tell my guy friends it a man bag but you and I now better. And did I mention you get to carry a purse.

Quote Originally Posted by SarahLynn View Post
    "I won't address the Fanny Pack issue....." ????????????

SarahLynn
    Joke. That word has a somewhat different meaning in British English.

http://www.effingpot.com/slang.shtml
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Shy Girl View Post
    I started to carry one in guy mode about a year ago. It not reel femme but it holds all my stuff. I got tiered of trying to put all my stuff in my pockets phone, wallet, reading glasses, sun glasses. No one cares I take where ever I go. My wife likes it becouse I don't ask her to carry my stuff. And the cool thing is you get to put all the little things in there that you normally would not carry. And did I mention you get to carry a purse. Of course I tell my guy friends it a man bag but you and I now better. And did I mention you get to carry a purse.
    Whenever someone calls my purse a "man-bag" I correct them and tell them that it is a "purse". It is rediculuous to call it a "man-bag". When a women uses a back-pack, does she call it a "woman-pack"? See the absurdity?
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie001 View Post
    Whenever someone calls my purse a "man-bag" I correct them and tell them that it is a "purse". It is rediculuous to call it a "man-bag". When a women uses a back-pack, does she call it a "woman-pack"? See the absurdity?
    I don't recall anyone referring to my purse as a man-bag and I don't think that I would go to the trouble to correct them if they did use that rather cumbersome term. Just so long as they don't refer to me as an "old bag!"
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    My personal feeling is that any woman who says "That purse looks wonderful on you!" is either ridiculing you or actually thinks it suits you. Me being me, I think that she liked it. I wish I had the courage to carry a purse in boy mode myself, but I have no qualms about carrying my wife's in public if necessary.
    Interesting point, Rachel. At the time, I distinctly remember having to quickly interpret the intent of her remark, based almost solely on her tone of voice, before reacting. Had her tone been condescending, I'm sure she would have been in ridicule mode, which would have been disappointing. If she had said nothing, I would have been initially relieved, then greatly disappointed that I had been largely disregarded. But she did notice, she did take the initiative to say something, and it was perfect! What more could I ever hope for more than what was a genuinely heartfelt compliment! In my wildest dreams the elevator door doesn't open, we stuck inside for an hour and she starts asking me about the purse, what other pieces of women's clothes I have (and if I'm wearing panties) and what are my favorites?

What I really learned is how those girls who are new to going out and still have very thin skins must show care and be attentive to everything going on around them. My carrying a purse through a hospital has to be regarded as totally vanilla.

Gianna

Having been the "Victim" of holding my wife's purse too many times and putting up a facade, I finally broke. I just started wearing it like the other ladies. I had fun with it, actively looking at clothes that she would like as well as me. Lots of conversations happening. Everyone was enjoying themselves, except my wife. Apparently mortification was occuring on the other side of the dressing room door, as she realized I was perfectly comfortable with my actions. Soon thereafter, she no longer took advantage of me being purse/clothes butler.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcyRex View Post
    I just started wearing it like the other ladies. I had fun with it, actively looking at clothes that she would like as well as me.... she realized I was perfectly comfortable with my actions.
    Wow, how deflating. Just when you're having fun and enjoying yourself! Is it possible your wife thought you acted that way on purpose?

I'm biting the bullet Friday, going purse shopping with my wife. Marleena can't go on without one any longer. Any inner male voices must be silenced on this issue, fighting it is futile

Marleena,
    A purse is a necessity for us girls, my purse contain my wallet with my credit cards,I also carry cash, coins, eye glass cloth & liquid, spare pair of glasses, plus, at time, my perscription sunglasses,towelettes, keys, pens,lotion,tissue,perhaps a shopping list, mouth wash, perfume and gloves. A girl carries a large load of accessories when she leaves the house. OMG how could I forget at least one tube of lipstick.
    Last edited by ArleneRaquel; 02-02-2012 at 12:16 AM.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Quote Originally Posted by MsArlene View Post
    Marleena,
    A purse is a necessity for us girls, my purse contain my wallet with my credit cards,I also carry cash, coins, eye glass cloth & liquid, spare pair of glasses, plus, at time, my perscription sunglasses,towelettes, keys, pens,lotion,tissue,perhaps a shopping list and gloves. A girl carries a large load of accessories when she leaves the house.
    Oh I know, it was my last holdout Arlene, it was my last piece of male I had left.lol. I'm going to need it when I venture out of the house as my new self.

This thread a has inspired me to try carrying one of my purses when I'm in male mode. I've always thought that carrying a purse is a great thing that women do....no wallet and keys in the pocket, no cell phone or my belt. I almost always carry a small backpack to serve the same purpose, now I'll try using a purse in male mode....thanks!

Silver Member
    I carry my wife's bag for her frequently when we are out together. It never bothered me. I usually sling it over a shoulder the way it's meant to be carried. I do get the occasional odd look when I'm by myself (e.g. waiting while she's in a changing room, in the ladies room, or if I've just wandered off) but no big deal.

Lea

Purse

I carry a purse most of the time shopping,moviesor eating out.
    So much easier than stuffing wallet,checkbook,sanitizer,pen,pills,breath freshner,change holder,purse hanger,lipstick and perfume.
    Here is the one i am carrying this week.
    Attached Images Attached Images