Thread: Went out in public, couldn't be happier

Red face Went out in public, couldn't be happier

I finally worked up the courage to go out in public a couple days ago. I'd been trying to talk myself into it for weeks but was terrified of being recognized, or worse that I wouldn't look convincing enough to pull it off. Eventually I settled on going to a bar about a half hour away that was having a midnight drag show. If there's anywhere that wouldn't judge me, that'd be it.

I used my nicest black dress and my only pair of heels (i usually wear comfy pumps) and probably spent about two hours fixing my breasts and doing makeup, then panicked for a bit but finally got myself in the car and hit the road. About half way there I finally calmed down and realized that yes, I'm actually doing it, I'm out on the road and going to let people meet the real me, no more false pretenses.

I almost turned back after I parked, and didn't even make it to the door before the anxiety hit me. I reminded myself that this place supposedly prided itself on being accepting, waffled for a bit, but finally went in. I didn't get a single funny look.

A nice TS girl sitting across the bar waved to me and gave me the nicest smile. I think she could tell it was my first time out and we chatted for a bit. The bartender and other customers were all very nice and nobody criticized me at all. I even got a couple compliments on how nice I looked. By the time I went home I was feeling completely comfortable, my nerves had completely settled.

When I finally got home (way past my bedtime) I felt so much better knowing that I finally felt accepted somewhere.

Hearing experiences like yours gives me the hope that I will accomplish the same thing. Congrats.

judith,
    A lovelt story, I'm so happy that your first outing enfemme went so well. The more that you go out enfemme the easier it will come and your enjoyment will grow.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

That's awesome Judith! Keep living the dream! I'm glad it went so well for you.

It's so wonderful to hear such happy stories.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Congratulations, Judith! I am so glad it went well......it will be even easier the next time.......

Banned Read only
    Great job Judith! Not only do you live in the greatest sports town on earth but you lived a fantasy every crossdresser has. Congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Regan View Post
    Hearing experiences like yours gives me the hope that I will accomplish the same thing. Congrats.
    i feel the same way as regan. the more happy stories i read the stronger i get. i hope to get out real soon. congrats to you judith!!
    paula

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    You go girl! fantastic experience. So glad you went someplace safe like this. Keep the same caution as you now begin to expand your field of confidence. Want you to always be smiling, and even more than in your avatar. You deserve it.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Great job Judith! Not only do you live in the greatest sports town on earth but you lived a fantasy every crossdresser has. Congratulations.
    You obviously are not a Pirates' fan!.......

Welcome to the club. It does my heart good to see more of us out there because it is the first necessary step in gaining acceptance from the general population. They can't accept us unless they know we exist.

Hi Judith, I used to go out all the time when I was about 20 years old. Something came up not long afterward and I had to stop dressing and going out. I'm 55 now and I started again to go out dressed about three months ago. When I was getting ready to go out three months ago I kept wanting to chicken out! I finally worked up the nerve to see it through and it was a wonderful experience. Good for you,Judith. I think if there's a way,it's probably better to be out.

Samantha

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by donnatracey View Post
    You obviously are not a Pirates' fan!.......
    Hey, they may lose, but they lose spectacularly! If you know you're going to lose anyways, you owe it to the fans to lose as hard as you possibly can. Not every team can lose 36-1 and still come to practice the next day; they're an inspiration to us all!

Bingo

WENT OUT Its GREAT ,,,, HUH,,,,, Im glad !! Now if we could get everybody to go then we would all have a great time to an give each other lots of An have fun >>>>>>>>>>> CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by STACY B View Post
    Now if we could get everybody to go then we would all have a great time
    That's my biggest dream, to be able to go out openly with a couple girlfriends and just have a nice time! Nothing crazy, just a casual night out with the girls. One step at a time I guess!

Glad you had such a great time
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

Thanks everyone so much for your support! I really hope I can find the time to try again in the next couple weeks, it should be a lot easier the second time out.

Judith,

Wonderful to read of you pressing forward and enjoying yourself! You are an inspiration!

Thanks for sharing.

Gianna

Wait, it gets addictive.....it really does.

Congrats, Judith.

that wonderful glad you were able to get out and do that , It must of been simply amazing
    My favorite motto's ." Live life to the fullest" , "Nobody is gonna stand up for you but you so live you life how you want" , “Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” , Be true to yourself