I finally worked up the courage to go out in public a couple days ago. I'd been trying to talk myself into it for weeks but was terrified of being recognized, or worse that I wouldn't look convincing enough to pull it off. Eventually I settled on going to a bar about a half hour away that was having a midnight drag show. If there's anywhere that wouldn't judge me, that'd be it.

I used my nicest black dress and my only pair of heels (i usually wear comfy pumps) and probably spent about two hours fixing my breasts and doing makeup, then panicked for a bit but finally got myself in the car and hit the road. About half way there I finally calmed down and realized that yes, I'm actually doing it, I'm out on the road and going to let people meet the real me, no more false pretenses.

I almost turned back after I parked, and didn't even make it to the door before the anxiety hit me. I reminded myself that this place supposedly prided itself on being accepting, waffled for a bit, but finally went in. I didn't get a single funny look.

A nice TS girl sitting across the bar waved to me and gave me the nicest smile. I think she could tell it was my first time out and we chatted for a bit. The bartender and other customers were all very nice and nobody criticized me at all. I even got a couple compliments on how nice I looked. By the time I went home I was feeling completely comfortable, my nerves had completely settled.

When I finally got home (way past my bedtime) I felt so much better knowing that I finally felt accepted somewhere.