Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I don't get why I dress.

I dress to feel normal, it is exiting to get into my clothes and trying out different new tops skirts shoes (especially shoes), but after that the feeling of just being whole and settling down to everyday tasks and not even noticing what I am wearing. BUT having to take them off is horrendous and I no longer feel normal or content.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa Jill View Post
    I don't get it! When in drab I feel this compulsion to dress like some yearning to do it, and then I do it and it feels alright at first then after a few minutes its just...nothing. Its just normal, I don't get anything from dressing apart from occasionally a few good pictures. I like the feel I guess, but that goes away pretty quick.
    wtf is it?
    You also get relief, relief from the compulsion/yearning to dress.
    DonnaT

If I had the answer to why, then I would be rich.

Sometimes the anticipation of something you are about to do can make the experience of having done it seam as the others have said Quite normal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

If I read your question correctly, Melissa, your confusion stems more from the quick disappearance of the compulsion to dress, than from the compulsion itself. The only experience I have with this personally is when I am wearing an outfit, wig or makeup that I don't like. Seeing myself in the mirror and being disappointed really ruins it. If something similar is happening to you, then you could try different outfits, looks or wigs to see if you can find an image that makes you happy. See if you can create a person that you want to be.

On the other hand, the need for dressing is different for every one of us. Perhaps your need is satisfied by just those few minutes? Or maybe you just dress too often, and this is your mind's way of telling you that you need to be a man as well?

I hope you will soon find the balance you seek!

When Amanda dresses I feel that this is who I am supposed to be. This is normal for me. Besides what is normal anyway?
    Amanda