Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jury Duty and Cross Dressing

Jury Duty and Cross Dressing

So, has anyone gone to jury duty while dressed?

My wife has been summoned and she is worrying about what to wear. She decided jeans and sneakers to be most comfortable. I told her I would probably wear heels and a skirt when I am summoned.

I said it partly in jest as I am not out to the public yet. It could be a bit risky. But what a fun way to make that task more enjoyable.
    - AF

Look girl, act girl, feel girl ... be girl.

That sounds like an excellent way to avoid being on the jury, unless the judge calls you on it but then again you still get to dress up nice so it's still a win-win.

That is just the jury needs, someone with a new look on things. Make sure you wear that mini.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

i was thinking the same thing. it would be a good way to get dismissed from the jury. prosecutors typically try to pick the most "normal" people who they think will relate to the victim of the crime.

I had a conversation with some one that was a member of a CD support group and the judge asked the jury if they were a member of any organization. This person explained to the judge he was a member of this group. The judge recommended that he not come dressed. He wasn't selected anyway probably because he was a police officer.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I don't think I would crossdress for jury duty! You could be held in comtempt by the judge, besides being dismissed!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I got summonsed...again last year. I was definitely going to go en femme. I was able to get a signed letter from my my company president to excuse me. .....worked.

When I went for JD the first time, the case was a lawsuit over an infant who died because of a drug that a doctor prescribed. The parents, I saw, were deeply anguished.
    In a case like this, I don't have a heart to be a show about me.
    ......Makes me more feminine to be this soft & nurturing, don't it?

If you are comfortable with being in all situations dressed and your state has good TG antidiscrimination laws on the books you are well within your rights to dress as you please as long as you conform to the court's dress code. Courts usually specify "business casual."

OTOH, if the judge is a bigot and decides that you are mocking or disrupting his court he can make your life hell, and if there is a reporter handy you might well find yourself on the evening news as "Transvestite tries to get out of jury duty by wearing dress."
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    I agree w/Stephanie! There's a time, and a place.....and the court is not it!.....

Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    You could be held in comtempt by the judge,
    on what grounds?
    Quote Originally Posted by donnatracey View Post
    I agree w/Stephanie! There's a time, and a place.....and the court is not it!.....
    why not?
    and exactly what times and places is it allowed?
    Last edited by Miranda-E; 01-29-2012 at 11:20 PM.

Yes, I've done it in LA twice, and was selected both times.

The second time I was voted fore-woman!

Here's the link where I describe my last experience at length.

Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    You could be held in comtempt by the judge
    Quote Originally Posted by Miranda-E View Post
    on what grounds?
    Disrespect for the court, disruption, deception, or anything else that the judge's imagination might come up with.

Never argue with anyone who has an armed bailiff and a jail cell at the ready.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

The instructions I received when I was called for jury duty last summer specifically said, "no jeans."

I dressed the same way that I would have to go to work in boy mode. Still, I think my long hair and nails and maybe my tattooed eyeshadow did attract enough attention that I was dismissed by the prosecuting attorney on the one trial I was interviewed for. (The defense attorney, a nice looking young lady, had no objection.)

- Diane

Gold Member
    If you do go dressed, make sure you present as best you can. Don't like show up in fishnets and petticoats or a wedding dress. Passing gas might not be a good idea either.

Or you could go in a mini-skirt and no undies and do a "sharon stone" act.

How crap a luck would you have though if the defendant was there on charges of showing up to court dressed as a woman?
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Disrespect for the court, disruption, deception, or anything else that the judge's imagination might come up with.
    I take it you've never been to court dressed.
    I've never done jury duty, but probate cases, testifying and several other court occasions, never had a judge even mention it.
    Dress appropriately for court, act appropriately for court.

deception? WTH
    Last edited by Miranda-E; 01-30-2012 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda-E View Post
    I take it you've never been to court dressed.
    I've never done jury duty, but probate cases, testifying and several other court occasions, never had a judge even mention it.
    All it takes is one.

I've never been to court dressed, but I have seen how a judge treats people who he feels are not properly respectful.
    Eryn

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    If you show up for jury duty dressed there's nearly a 100% chance you get excused. Mostly because one of the attorneys or the judge just won't know what to think. The other issue will obviously be the restrooms- use the men's, using the women's could get you arrested.

I'll tell you Eryn your just a positive ray of sunshine!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackiefl View Post
    I'll tell you Eryn your just a positive ray of sunshine!
    Why thank you! Living here in SoCal I find that jury duty summonses arrive far too often. I would prefer not to be so familiar with the process.
    Eryn

I received a jury duty summons and called in as I was asked to do. I never ended up having to report to the court. But had I been required to report I planned to do it en femme. I live in a state with non-discrimination laws and dressing en femme would be in accord with what I do most of the time. As others have indicated, I would have worn "business casual."

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Don't worry about what you wear, Wear whatever is most comfortable for the day. I just did Jury Duty and sitting in that room all day is a total bore. Be comfortable and bring a good book.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Quote Originally Posted by Janice Winona View Post
    If you show up for jury duty dressed there's nearly a 100% chance you get excused. Mostly because one of the attorneys or the judge just won't know what to think. The other issue will obviously be the restrooms- use the men's, using the women's could get you arrested.
    Janice,
    While I have not had the experience myself, there have been two or three stories here in the last year of members actually doing so. The most recent one, Dilane became the foreperson (forewoman?). Here is the link:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...mme-the-sequel

Leann
    Last edited by LeannL; 01-30-2012 at 07:11 AM.
    Leann

Enjoy who you are but stay safe.

Last time I went I considered going enfemme but glad I didn't. Knew a couple people in the jury pool.. And as far as what to wear. Dress up if you go.. Enfemme or not. I wore a suit as did one of my friends and neither of us were picked. They chose mainly middle aged poorly dressed women... Lucky for me I don't do "poorly dressed" well!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Just call the court and ask.

Noooooooo!
    I mean to open the can of tuna, not worms!

*sobs quietly*