Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Unsure of where to go now....

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaM1985 View Post
    Ouch. Way to stick up for fellow transgenders by calling them ******** and way to run me down even more by implying that I'm a ***** and want sex for money. I come asking for help and get put down. Thanks. :/

I want to keep it because I'm broke, and I don't like surgery. I have a fear of sharp objects and don't want to run the risk of something going wrong. Maybe my fears will be eased as I learn more and maybe you're right in saying I'm not TS. It's still not going to affect my decision either way as I've already crossed the point of no return and am moving forward, but doing so with extreme caution from this point on. Hence why instead of just dialing up the nearest quack to sign me off, I posted here first looking for some resources in hopes you girls had some that I couldn't find.

I agree Julia, I will never understand the whole 'Im more woman/transsexual than you' mebtality. I was under the impression that this community was here to build each other upand give solid advice. If you don't think I'm TS fine, but no need to run me down when I was trying to be completely honest and wrote straight from my heart.

If you want a more detailed story of how I came to this conclusion, by all means p.m. me. But I think I have the right to request courtesy since I give it. :'(
    Well, isn't it kind of the definition of being transexual that your gender does not match your sex? Your penis is a HUGE part of your sex. Do you wish you were born with a vagina? Or do you actually like your penis? That's the important part. I didn't even touch mine until I was 21 because I got a girlfriend who was gonna want to use it... I thought it was gross ever since I was a little kid.

If you actually get SRS does not mean anything, but the desire to have the proper parts means a lot.

It's understandable that you may not have the money right now, or you may be afraid of surgeries... but these are things that can change. I'm horribly afraid of surgery. I even get panic attacks on occasion when injecting my hormones. But that hasn't stopped me yet and it's not going to stop me from getting surgery when I can afford it.

Live your life as who you are. No one is telling you not to. But it sounds like you're still working out who you really are. There's no need to label yourself yet. Just find out what you have to do to live your life and the labels will fall into place.

And there isn't a "I'm more transexual than you are" mentality... because you're either transexual or you're not. There's no in-between. If you don't totally identify with the sex opposite of yours, than you're not transexual. You could be transgendered, and there is a very wide spectrum of transgendered people. Being entirely cis-gendered is on one end and being transexual is on the other. You could be 90% female and 10% male or whatever (not like we could actually figure out those numbers), but that makes you transgender, not transexual.

Anyway, as I said, it doesn't matter what you are. What matters is that you find out who you are and can be that person comfortably. And your feelings change as you grow and learn who you are. What you thought you felt one day could have been a product of your past repression or ignorance and you can feel different about who you are the next. A small example: as I said I was disgusted by my penis for a looong time and I just assumed that was normal. Then as I grew up I learned things and became more honest with myself and realized that... wait, it's not normal for a guy to hate his penis... something else is going on here!

Quote Originally Posted by natalie james View Post
    who cares if jessica is TS or not? none of us know her. only she can know if she is really TS. her, and her therapist. i do support that she see somebody, in the case of my college, i see a top tier shrink for free.( the school pays) she isnt a gender therapist, but she has got the job done for the past two terms, and is now helping me with gender as much as she can. we all know you can't do things Like HRT without a letter anyway, so if she isn't TS , she won't get to transition. she will be weeded out. it's a waste of time to get worked up and make any kind of assessment on jessica period, and dumb to do so, because we are not qualified and don't know her. in the long run she won't affect our lives, so why even bother wasting our time telling her shes not?
    Kate is merely helping educate her on what a transexual is...

Kate, I will take the advice of a trained therapist before I say yes or no. I agree with the others here on that and perhaps I misused the word transsexual. Transgendered would probably be better suited, but I still don't believe it's anyone's place except a licensed therapist to tell me I'm not.

The interesting thing here is that the point of this thread was not the 'am I or not?', but for additional resources that a regular search on google could not yield. The best recommendation here is to get a therapist and I agree. I will begin looking for one ASAP.

I'll save everyone the trouble and label myself as late for dinner since fewer people will get upset with me using that. Lol
    I take offense to that label!!! :P

Oh and therapy++
    Last edited by Bree-asaurus; 02-01-2012 at 05:06 PM.

Banned Read only
    there are some resources available, and i will stress, if you are able to get Scholarships and Grants and Student Loans, any money you have left over after tuition, books, supplies and equipment, is yours to spend the way you choose. No one can tell you it is right or wrong how you spend the remaining funds. That is your choice, and for you and only you to decide. If you wish to use some of that money for counseling, that's your prerogative. All of the money is free with no expected repayment, with the exception being the Student Loans, you MUST pay that back. I have used my student loans to live on, pay rent, utilities, car insurance and cell phone, and gas and food. I know I must pay it back, but I can't just not eat or have a place to live, but that is acceptable to me and no one else is responsible for paying that money back, only I am, so in my opinion no has a right to tell me what I am doing is wrong or right, if they want to pay my expenses, I'll gladly stop taking student loans, otherwise they should reserve their judgement and mind their own business because it is no concern of theirs.

but here is a big list of resources that you can use that can potentially add money on to your financial aid packages. Typically scholarships and grant money are applied to tuition and books first, anything left over is student loans (if you applied for them) and the extra amounts that exceed the student loan money is yours to do with as you wish with no expectation of repayment.

http://www.finaid.org/otheraid/gay.phtml (ugh, i really think they could have labeled that page something else rather than gay.html.....*******s).

But remember, college is a time to not only learn a set of skills to utilize in the work force, it's a time to make mistakes, it's a time to learn from them, it's a time to learn new and exciting things, it's a time to rehash and demonstrate things you already know that may be boring, it's a time to learn new things that may not be interesting or exciting but may prove valuable down the road, and most importantly of all it's a time and place to find yourself, to find out who you are, what it is you seek and desire out of life, to discover your ambitions, your passions and what drives you, and to learn how to go forth and find that for yourself and in all that you do.

If you feel it's not right to use that money towards getting help in counseling, or other procedures, then that's your right, and you're not obligated. If you wish to use whatever's left over after school expenses are paid, that's your right too, and no one has the right to criticize you for how you choose to spend it, because at the end of the day, you and you alone are responsible for what you do, and your obligations. The choice is yours and its no one else's place to tell you otherwise. You're trying to better yourself, you're not some bum on meth or crack standing in a welfare line looking for a handout. You're looking for resources that will help you on you way, and get you where you want to go in life, there is nothing dishonest or prude about that.

I'm simply saying this. Any person who wishes to better themselves will always use whatever resources are available to them to seek the answers to the questions they have and to pursue what they want in life, and if you want something bad enough, you'll find a way to achieve it. If you don't, then you won't.

Best of luck girl!

Banned Read only
    Kate, I will take the advice of a trained therapist before I say yes or no. I agree with the others here on that and perhaps I misused the word transsexual. Transgendered would probably be better suited, but I still don't believe it's anyone's place except a licensed therapist to tell me I'm not.

The interesting thing here is that the point of this thread was not the 'am I or not?', but for additional resources that a regular search on google could not yield. The best recommendation here is to get a therapist and I agree. I will begin looking for one ASAP.

I'll save everyone the trouble and label myself as late for dinner since fewer people will get upset with me using that. Lol
    I say some people just don't know what they are talking about, because I believe they might be misinformed themselves (not saying you darling) The links below get more in depth with what each one is and how it pertains to each individual. Not meant to be a diagnosis, but you can certainly print these off and take them to your therapists and discuss them with him/her and how it affects and impacts your life and how you feel and who you feel you are, and your therapist will have a base foundation in which to build upon to help you best figure that out.

http://web4health.info/en/answers/sex-gender-what

http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/conway/TS/TS.html

and no one here is upset with you, at least I know I'm not! chin up, and be proud of yourself, you're brave and courageous! Just be true to yourself, you owe no one on here anything at all.

a beautiful metalhead JessicaM1985's Avatar
    Yes, I get pell grant and stafford loan money and yes that is what I was referring to by taxpayer money since it comes from the government.

I have a sizable amount left over every semester, but I want to make sure I don't spend it in a way that is unethical. But I feel that one's good health is important to attend class, so maybe I won't feel so bad spending it on therapy.
    "To deny our impulses, is to deny the very thing that makes us human...." - Mouse from The Matrix
    Love me or hate me, I will always be myself.

I'm just the kind of gal that likes death metal, beer, and "dad" jokes. Oh and I build computers and play PC games.

Despite Kate telling you that a woman is nothing more than a life-support system for a vagina, and her cicsexest bull$hit where she proclaims that the significant numbers of trans women who can't have GRS for one reason or another are't really women, you CAN indeed call yourself transexual. Chances are 100% that you know yourself better than anyone else here knows you.

On a more positive note, allow me to add this:

Don't stress about this stuff. You will figure it out as you move through the process. You don't have to make big scary surgery related decisions today, or ever. A LOT of us started out thinking that maybe we didn't' need GRS, and changed our minds later. A lot of us didn't change our minds. Take this as it comes. Try some stuff out. Find out what is right for you. You really can't know what is right for you until you experiment and learn what it is that you want and you need.

YES, lots of this stuff is expensive. Surgery is god-awfully expensive. You can drop $1000 on a purse and matching pumps without exerting any effort. But you don't' have to. There is LOTS of stuff you can do for CHEEP or free. You are a student. Go take advantage of your university health center - where both counseling and HRT is available to you for next to nothing. Buy clothes at goodwill... about 99% of my wardrobe comes from goodwill... and I get compliments on my outfits all the time - sure, there is a lot of crap at goodwill, but there are lots of wonderful finds there too... lots of stuff still with store tags on it... just don't buy the crap. Another wonderful thing about goodwill is that at $4.00 for a piece, you can afford to experiment with looks and fit.

Paint your nails.

Carry a purse.

Learn to walk.

Work on purging your boy mannerisms.

Work on your voice.

Get your ears pierced.

Get a femme hair

There is SOOOOooooo much work to be done, and so much of it is able to be done cheep or free, that being poor (to the extent that you have a place to live et.al.) is not a very good excuse for not getting started until you get further along and the only things left for you to do are surgery related... but by that point... you will be much less ambivalent about it... and the bigots like Kate will bug you less... except when they attack other sisters...
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by Hope View Post
    Despite Kate telling you that a woman is nothing more than a life-support system for a vagina, and her cicsexest bull$hit where she proclaims that the significant numbers of trans women who can't have GRS for one reason or another are't really women, you CAN indeed call yourself transexual. Chances are 100% that you know yourself better than anyone else here knows you.

On a more positive note, allow me to add this:

Don't stress about this stuff. You will figure it out as you move through the process. You don't have to make big scary surgery related decisions today, or ever. A LOT of us started out thinking that maybe we didn't' need GRS, and changed our minds later. A lot of us didn't change our minds. Take this as it comes. Try some stuff out. Find out what is right for you. You really can't know what is right for you until you experiment and learn what it is that you want and you need.

YES, lots of this stuff is expensive. Surgery is god-awfully expensive. You can drop $1000 on a purse and matching pumps without exerting any effort. But you don't' have to. There is LOTS of stuff you can do for CHEEP or free. You are a student. Go take advantage of your university health center - where both counseling and HRT is available to you for next to nothing. Buy clothes at goodwill... about 99% of my wardrobe comes from goodwill... and I get compliments on my outfits all the time - sure, there is a lot of crap at goodwill, but there are lots of wonderful finds there too... lots of stuff still with store tags on it... just don't buy the crap. Another wonderful thing about goodwill is that at $4.00 for a piece, you can afford to experiment with looks and fit.

Paint your nails.

Carry a purse.

Learn to walk.

Work on purging your boy mannerisms.

Work on your voice.

Get your ears pierced.

Get a femme hair

There is SOOOOooooo much work to be done, and so much of it is able to be done cheep or free, that being poor (to the extent that you have a place to live et.al.) is not a very good excuse for not getting started until you get further along and the only things left for you to do are surgery related... but by that point... you will be much less ambivalent about it... and the bigots like Kate will bug you less... except when they attack other sisters...
    hope couldent have said it any better! hope i love how ya think.

Silver Member
    Most of the gg friends, gm friends, and family I have are too busy to spend time with me on the whole so I have nobody to talk to about this and for some the topic makes them uncomfortable anyways. I feel alone, trapped, and abandoned.
    Are there any trans support groups or lgbt groups at the college you go to? Just a thought.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope View Post
    Kate is harsh and kind of a biotch... but she is right. You're just missing the point...

I used to think she was all full of hate and everything too... but then I took a step back, peeled off that thick, spiky outer crust and saw that she is right. She just doesn't walk on eggshells for everyone.

She is saying that if you don't have the DESIRE to lose the penis and have a vagina, then you're not transexual.

She IS NOT saying that if you can't get SRS, that you're not transexual.

An example: I want SRS. I hate my penis. But if the surgery procedure for SRS is to do the entire operation with the use of splintery wooden spoons while I am wide awake, I wouldn't get it. That doesn't make me any less of a transexual... because I still have the desire to lose the dangly bits. I'd just have to wait for a more humane method :P

Banned Read only
    and Hope goes in for the killshot!

Yes, I get pell grant and stafford loan money and yes that is what I was referring to by taxpayer money since it comes from the government.

I have a sizable amount left over every semester, but I want to make sure I don't spend it in a way that is unethical. But I feel that one's good health is important to attend class, so maybe I won't feel so bad spending it on therapy.
    well so long as you're not buying booze and illegal drugs with it, and skipping class to drink and do drugs, I don't see anything wrong with using the remaining money for therapy. a healthy mind is a productive one! this is the best time of your life to get it straightened out and on the right path. take advantage of it while you can, they are the best 4-5 years of your life in terms of what you learn, what you can change, what you find out about yourself, and the opportunities you have to be a part of some amazing things, after college, unless you become a rich and famous person with unlimited financial resources, your life will be work, pay bills, clean the house and repeat, with some adventures thrown in here and there, so enjoy every day of it, because once the journey of college is over, reality comes flying at ya really fast!

I'm almost done, a few semesters left, and then I have to go earn my keep. I'm kinda sad, because I have learned SOOOOOO much, and school has actually become fun to me, whereas I use to hate it. But all good things must come to an end, and a new adventures await!

Hi Jessica, now that I have really thought about it. I am sorry for agreeing with Kate. Because it isn't what is in your pants that make you a male of female but what that is in your mind.

Please forgive me,
    Kristy

Thank you Hope!!! (your name is quite fitting here btw. Lol)

I have taken my baby steps (and in some cases huge leaps) in living as a girl. Regardless of the correct term, I am a woman and will live as one. Whether or not I have the term transsexual attached to my name is no longer of importance to me. I have my nails painted all the time, I'm growing them out a bit, and wear makeup often without a thought. My first school payment for this semester is on it's way and after buying books/supplies , I'm hitting the women's clothing section and throwing out most (not all though) of my male clothes. This was my plan since before I came in this forum and one that I've had for for a long time, but lacked the courage and funding to do.

Audrey, thank you for those links. They were very helpful and confirmed my suspicion that I used a term incorrectly. It would seem that the term non-op transsexual isn't used now and that transgendered was the better term for it. Due to my own ignorance, I still fail to see wjy it had to be replaced, but hey, you learn something new everyday right?

As far as male mannerisms go, not all of them are bad and many g.g.s in my family act more male than me anyways. (I honestly fear my sister more than my brother. Lol) Vocal training should be a hoot though since I'm very much a baritone, but we'll see how it goes if/when I come to that bridge.

And again, as I've stated, I never openly declared whether I want srs or not minus earlier in this post. Just a desire for hrt. Mainly because I want breasts. No cismale that I know really wants those and I want 'em bad and see my fail "moobs" and get bummed.
    So fine, I'm TG and want boobs. I can live with that, and would be happier for having done so.
    "To deny our impulses, is to deny the very thing that makes us human...." - Mouse from The Matrix

I'm just the kind of gal that likes death metal, beer, and "dad" jokes. Oh and I build computers and play PC games.

bree, i just don't see why the heck it matters. fighting over labels. i hate it. the same thing happened in the church that i got disillusioned with. "your not a christian because you arent baptist" to me would be the same thing. regardless of what we call ourselves, acording to most of society we are all from CD to TS A to Z "sissy men who wear womens clothing." regardless if we believe we are indeed female inside or not, have had SRS, or identify as any of the mentioned on this thread. case in point ; watch old episodes of "the jerry springer show" featureing TG people.
    Last edited by natalie james; 02-01-2012 at 06:30 PM.

Silver Member
    bree, i just don't see why the heck it matters. fighting over labels. i hate it. the same thing happened in the church that i got disillusioned with. "your not a christian because you arent baptist" to me would be the same thing. regardless of what we call ourselves, acording to most of society we are all from CD to TS A to Z "sissy men who wear womens clothing." regardless if we believe we are indeed female inside or not, have had SRS, or identify as any of the mentioned on this thread. case in point ; watch old episodes of "the jerry springer show" featureing TG people.
    Did you even read my posts? I specifically said not to worry about labels. The labels don't really matter unless you are transexual and need to declare yourself a transexual for HRT, surgeries, gender changes and stuff.

But if you are going to label yourself, those words have definitions. And if the OP felt so inclined to label herself in the first place, don't you think it's a good idea that she knows what she is actually saying when she applies that label to herself?

And regardless of how much you hate labels, they are there to help describe certain characteristics. Don't you think it's a good idea to educate yourself on the terminology of the subject you are dealing with? You don't hear med students saying "stomach, spleen, whatever... why do we have to label them? They're ALL organs..." And why have this site broken down into crossdressers, MTFs and FTMs? They're all human... what's with the labels???
    Last edited by Bree-asaurus; 02-01-2012 at 06:43 PM.

And for the record, my indignation wasn't at being told that I'm not T.S., but rather for being told that I should go make money as a *******. I liken the offensiveness in that to telling an african american to go find a job as a slave, and that's why I was upset.

Honest questions deserve honest answers, even if they are voices of disagreement. But at no time is suggesting that I sell my body for the sexual gratification of others acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bree_K View Post
    Did you even read my posts? I specifically said not to worry about labels. The labels don't really matter unless you are transexual and need to declare yourself a transexual for HRT, surgeries, gender changes and stuff.

But if you are going to label yourself, those words have definitions. And if the OP felt so inclined to label herself in the first place, don't you think it's a good idea that she knows what she is actually saying when she applies that label to herself?
    yeah, i read your posts. that's why i felt compelled to reply "shes just educating her on...." my point is it's not important let alone her place. that's for jessica and her therapist. im gonna get my two inch worthless thing cut offr fo-eva cuz i effin hate it, and i don't call myself TS but opt for TG . this whole arguement is lame. just sayin.
    Last edited by natalie james; 02-01-2012 at 06:50 PM.

Silver Member
    And for the record, my indignation wasn't at being told that I'm not T.S., but rather for being told that I should go make money as a *******. I liken the offensiveness in that to telling an african american to go find a job as a slave, and that's why I was upset.

Honest questions deserve honest answers, even if they are voices of disagreement. But at no time is suggesting that I sell my body for the sexual gratification of others acceptable.
    That's cool... to each their own. Some transexuals and transgenders do get into porn. Who knows... I may have to go make money as a "*******" for a while to pay bills while people don't hire me because I'm transexual.

yeah, i read your posts. that's why i felt compelled to reply "shes just educating her on...." my point is it's not important let alone her place. that's for her and her therapist. im gonna get my two inch worthless thing cut of fo-eva cuz i effin hate it, and i don't call myself TS but opt for TG . this whole arguement is lame. just sayin.
    It's not up to you to decide what's important. This is a public forum. She is entitled to speak her mind just like you are, so it precisely IS her place. Just like it is your place to come here and tell me I shouldn't use labels.

If you don't agree with what someone says, don't listen to them.
    Last edited by Bree-asaurus; 02-01-2012 at 06:48 PM.

true i guess... you have a point, but whatever. i stand up for my own, and jessica is my friend and a supports system when i really don't otherwise have one besides my shrink. im not gonna waste anymore time arguing.

oh, wait... if she didnt agree with her label should she have not done the same? now im done
    Last edited by natalie james; 02-01-2012 at 07:09 PM. Reason: meant "HER label"

Banned Read only
    Jessica, this may help you to sort out where you are in the Trans spectrum. For all the critics out there, this is just my interpretation of the definitions that I have gathered over the years. If you have a better way of thinking and can help Jessica sort this all out, please step up and help her.

DEFINITIONS

Gender Identity refers to a person’s actual or perceived sex, and includes a person’s identity, appearance, or behavior, whether or not that identity, appearance, or behavior is different from that traditionally associated with the person’s sex at birth. People who are transgendered (TG or Trans) are people whose anatomies and/or appearances do not conform to those considered appropriate for culturally predominant gender roles. They have physical and/or behavioral characteristics that readily identify them as having a non-conforming gender identity. In other words, TG people, to varying degrees, “transgress” cultural norms as to what a man or a woman “should be.”

Of course, not all people who transgress cultural norms in regards to gender are, or should be, considered TG as we are discussing here. In that case, that would include a woman who works as a pipe fitter or a male nurse. However, when transgender is used in the case of a “sexual minority”, we are generally referring to one of the following five categories:

Transsexuals were born into one gender but identify psychologically and emotionally as the other. Transsexuals are generally thought to have a condition called gender dysphoria (also called Gender Identity Disorder). Those who are born physically male but are emotionally and psychologically female are called Male to Female or MTF’s. Those who are born female but are emotionally and psychologically male are called Female to Male or FTM’s. There is some disagreement as to whether gender dysphoria is a physical condition, a psychological condition or both. Some scientists believe that gender dysphoria occurs when the developing fetus is in the womb and that a chemical imbalance occurs their development, that affects sexual difference.
    The primary way transsexuals differ from other TG people is that in almost all cases, they seek to modify their bodies through hormones, SRS (Sexual Reassignment Surgery) or both. This process (which may take several months or many years) is called Transition, where transsexuals will make major life changes in order to bring their physical appearance in line with their gender identity. Some of those changes include changing their name and gender designation on legal documents such as birth certificates, driver’s licenses and social security records. However it is achieved, the ultimate goal of transition is to enable the transsexual to live completely as the gender with which they identify.
    It is extremely important to remember that male to female transsexuals are women, just as female to male transsexuals are men and should be referred to and treated as such.

Intersexed people were born exhibiting some combination of both male and female genitalia (usually determined by the doctor to be either a clitoris that is “too large” or a penis that is “too small.”) As one can imagine, such a diagnosis is entirely subjective. At birth, the attending physician or parents or both “choose” which gender to raise the child, necessitating surgery and/or hormonal treatment that must be continued throughout the child’s life. Many intersexed people, now adults, are advocating for an end to the way intersexed children are seen as “damaged goods” needing to be fixed.

Crossdressers (previously known as transvestites) identify as, and are completely comfortable with, their physical gender at birth, but will occasionally dress and take on the mannerisms of the opposite gender. Of course, cross-dressing is more onerous on men, since our culture accepts the idea of a woman wearing pants, but not a man wearing a skirt. Most cross-dressers are heterosexual men. The term transvestite is now considered offensive and should not be used because it is associated with negative images of sexual fetishism.

Drag Performers include people like Ru Paul, or Elvis Herselvis (a well known lesbian Elvis impersonator). Drag performers are precisely that – performers. They dress and act like the “opposite” sex for the entertainment of an audience. For them, drag is a job – not an identity. Some are gay – some are not. Some identify as transgendered – most do not. It is important to be aware of the fact that some people, including many drag performers themselves, do not consider drag performers to be members of the transgendered community.

Gender blenders, bi-gendered, androgynes and others – Not all transgendered people fit neatly into the above categories. For some, such characterizations of gender and gender identity are more constraining than liberating. Gender blenders may or may not identify as one or the other in a binary gender system (i.e. either/or, male/female) and many times will assume a mixture of male and female dress and characteristics, combining elements of both.

Now that you have an understanding on what transgendered is, good luck in finding your place along the rainbow.

Psyco Roller Derby Doll. Katesback's Avatar
    If you need a therapist to tell you your transsexual they you are definitely not transsexual. I am sorry but if you dont know then your not transsexual. You saying you need a therapist to tell you only reinforces my stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Katesback View Post
    If you need a therapist to tell you your transsexual they you are definitely not transsexual. I am sorry but if you dont know then your not transsexual. You saying you need a therapist to tell you only reinforces my stance.
    is this directed at me or her? i did'tdecide with my therapist, if that's what you mean. besides, still no transition without that recomendation. if someone is really not, they arent getting that note.
    Last edited by natalie james; 02-01-2012 at 07:38 PM. Reason: error

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Bree_K View Post
    Who knows... I may have to go make money as a "*******" for a while to pay bills
    ....the more I read your posts, the more I like you Bree...

true i guess... you have a point, but whatever. i stand up for my own, and jessica is my friend and a supports system when i really don't otherwise have one besides my shrink. im not gonna waste anymore time arguing.
    I'm here for ya, and Jessica too.

Quote Originally Posted by Katesback View Post
    someone's reaching the point of deserving the title of a 4 letter word I hate to use that starts with a c.............

they have this thing called the standards of care that says basically that you kind of have to have the therapist agree with you, and the reason these rule are inplace is for thoe that might be confused, or just plain nuts. so yeah, you do need the therapist sort of, by the way. evenif the decision is ultimately on the person. just sayin.

Gold Member
    Gyod, all this stupid debate over labels - the only label you need is "someone living her own life as she sees fit".
    it doesn't take some therapist or wanting Lorenna Bobbit to chop off your wang.

"Oh what is a true TS/TG/CD/TV/etc..."

Gyod who cares? it is not like most people really know the difference. To the general public, we are all drag queens/she-males/trannies/whatever.

I was joking with a friend about this once, another TS lady and we were joking about the silliness of labels and she goes - "Actually it does matter, they are gonna start putting your transgender status on your DL in big pink letters".

Oh gyod she is great sometimes cause we are both TS/TG/whatever and WE make jokes about these things.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    Gyod, all this stupid debate over labels - the only label you need is "someone living her own life as she sees fit".
    it doesn't take some therapist or wanting Lorenna Bobbit to chop off your wang.

"Oh what is a true TS/TG/CD/TV/etc..."

Gyod who cares? it is not like most people really know the difference. To the general public, we are all drag queens/she-males/trannies/whatever.

I was joking with a friend about this once, another TS lady and we were joking about the silliness of labels and she goes - "Actually it does matter, they are gonna start putting your transgender status on your DL in big pink letters".

Oh gyod she is great sometimes cause we are both TS/TG/whatever and WE make jokes about these things.
    this is true, and i agree fully. so lets stop the flame wars.