Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone read this page stopcrossdressing.com

Hi Jeni!
    I'm glad I didn't discover this page when I was younger and very much alone and ashamed of my desire to CD.
    I can ony compare it to CDers.com... I'm happy to stay on this side of the universe!
    Gaby
    [SIZE="1"]When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... In the lilt of Irish laughter... When Irish hearts are happy... And When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... [/SIZE]

Progress Report: Crossdressing is A Thing of The Past

On December 5th, I will have stopped crossdressing for 8 months. It’s been quite a journey to say the least. But I can say for certain that it’s officially a thing of the past.
    It sounds like he is setting himself up for a "fall". It's way too soon to be making such an adamant, declarative statement. He seems to need to publicize all this in order to attempt to gain strength to fight his feelings about not being OK with himself, IMHO.

Crossdressing has not left his mind at all. He is still very focused on it, he has just transfered his struggle by talking about it in his blog.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

"and I think I can see why he has never had a girlfriend. Hell, he can't even be his own girlfriend."

Ohh ... that's a bit cruel, moondog...

.... but very funny

I feel genuinely sorry for him ( can't say 'her' in the circumstances ).
    It's complicated, then again it's simple ... where did I put that skirt?

Oh dear, it looks like yet another reason for me going to Hull. :-)
    **-* Kath *-**
    Let them see that their words can cut you and you’ll never be free of the mockery. If they want to give you a name, take it, make it your own. Then they can’t hurt you with it anymore.
    ― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

I've seen that website.
    It is a religious site.....primarily Christian fundamentalist......up there with gay reparative therapy.

No thank you, I'll stick to my ways of Deuteronomy 22:5.

Banned Read only
    No,never read it and don't care to be fixed. This is one individual's experience, if real at all. There are millions of crossdressers and likely a few different motivations. I feel good when I dress, I have since I was a child. It is innate in me, not a choice and it is not getting worse. It is just right

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Katyana View Post
    ...wonder what you all would have said about me if I tried to quit.
    This site is not about helping crossdressers. It's about curing them of the evil infecting them. If someone wants to stop, more power to you. If you can, you are nota crossdresser, just an experimenter. And yes, we have all purged and failed at stoppingbecuasewe do not want to stop not can any crossdresser "stop." hiatus, yes, bury your feelings for a time, yes, but it never stops.

Aspiring Member Silentpartner GG SO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathy Smith View Post
    Oh dear, it looks like yet another reason for me going to Hull. :-)
    Oh no, not Hull!!!

I respect his experience and acknowledge his right to post, but it addresses only his situation and not to be a generalized answer for all who either CD or want to go MtF transition, or regards themselves as born woman just wrong body. Sites like the OP listed may help or hinder. I really don't know but I feel that u truly know deep inside you who you are, its just that one needs help to reveal you, to yourself and that is where a good mentor is handy. Doubt brings questions but ur mental state and the urgence you may want an answer may bring a bad answer that you may regret later.

Why on earth would anybody buy a domain to post a website stopcrossdressing.com think about it. They are totally against it. This reminds me of Westboro Church tactics. I am offended!

Anybody know anyone in "Anonymous", I think I have a task for them!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Whoops, dang it, there goes that techie guy again! I do try to keep him bundled up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I look at "crossdressing" as simply an extension of my clothing options - much as a woman wears pants! Like most of society I wear pants on a daily basis, except in the summertime when I wear denim skirts with otherwise male clothing. But just as a woman might want to wear a skirt or a dress occasionally I as a man should feel free to do so.

Johanna (John)
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    Well, if it was intended to change minds, it clearly isn't working here. The author is entitled to his opinion, I don't share it and it didn't move me in any direction. He'll find support in his realm, and I pray that he doesn't hate himself.

Aspiring Member Silentpartner GG SO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohannaH View Post
    I look at "crossdressing" as simply an extension of my clothing options - much as a woman wears pants! Like most of society I wear pants on a daily basis, except in the summertime when I wear denim skirts with otherwise male clothing. But just as a woman might want to wear a skirt or a dress occasionally I as a man should feel free to do so.

Johanna (John)
    I totally agree with you - what is the difference between me as a GG wearing jeans or trousers and you wearing a dress or skirt? why is one totally fine and the other seen as abnormal? and nobody turns a head at as Scotsman wearing a kilt - (well I do actually because I think they look fabulous in their kilts ;-) )
    clothes are just the wrapping paper - its whats underneath that counts

I don't think I will read it, I might change my mind and not have any more fun in my life.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

saw this on my RSS feed this morning...figured I'd check it out tonight.....Looks like you girls have it pretty much covered though
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -- Mark Twain

Josie on Google Plus

Josie's Flickr Photostream

Dual Spirits (My Blog)

Just getting my feet wet Marie-Elise's Avatar
    Well, I guess I have to put in my two cents:

If crossdressing is a crime, then let me be guilty.

God has said, “Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness. … So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them” (Genesis 1:26, 27). In stating that God made humans to live as either male or female God is decreeing that the crossing over from a male gender to a female gender is not His intention for humankind. The desire to ‘cross-over’ or ‘trans’ navigate’ means to cross-over a boundary that God the Creator set for His creation. The clear line of distinction between men and women is a manifestation of God’s revealed truth that His image be expressed as male and female. God’s creation of humanity, made up of men and women, is not to be a mixture of maleness and femaleness which is confusion, but a clear division between the two. It is only in difference and diversity that unity and companionship may exist.
    That is so true. Everything is clearly separated with distinct boundaries. Its just like Genesis 1:14-18

14 God said, "Let there be lights in the huge space of the sky. Let them separate the day from the night. Let them serve as signs to mark off the seasons and the days and the years. 15 Let them serve as lights in the huge space of the sky to give light on the earth." And that's exactly what happened. 16 God made two great lights. He made the larger light to rule over the day. He made the smaller light to rule over the night. He also made the stars. 17 God put the lights in the huge space of the sky to give light on the earth. 18 He put them there to rule over the day and the night. He put them there to separate light from darkness.
    So there we see there is only night and day.

There is no dusk, no dawn, no lunar or solar eclipses, and the moon definitely doesn't ever show itself during daytime.

oh I looove when they bring religion to the talk. that's when I smile politely and turn my back.
    (but dare you say another word to me and thou shalt feel my wrath!)

website looked fake to me too. a quick whois search showed that it's registered to the same individual that replies to comments. so yeah, my bet is either assistant pastor (thx sterling12) or seen-the-light-and-been-blinded/too-much-free-time dude.
    [SIZE="1"]It is fatal to be a man or woman pure and simple: one must be a woman manly, or a man womanly. — Virginia Woolf[/SIZE]

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie83 View Post
    If the scenario is genuine then i feel sorry for individual who has written it, however i do feel it has been created for religious brainwashing.
    I agree.
    My wife print off something like that and gave it to me some time back... as it turn out it was a religious counseling center that was looking for business by offering (for a fee) help in overcoming your destructive ways.
    No mater what you sell.... if packaged and marketed correctly then their is money to be made!

Beth
    Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator):
    What we do in this life, echoes in eternity..

You can fine me here on Facebook!

It's easy to grasp reason's we all feel is to why we have the urges to dress, then put them in a bundle.. This blog described me to almost a T ( NOT ALL )..

But to blog about something you know little about learn it a little better first..Yes we can all stop ,but it does come back because it is a part of us ,its a part of us all in some way. Rather you feel you should have been born a girl to getting sexual pleasure out of emulating a girl we don't do it because we don't feel like walking. Dressing is a part of us and after 40 some odd years of trying to stop .. I haven't found a way yet.. /
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

Yea, read it and replied to it on facebook

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Obviously one of the hate groups. I wonder how they would feel if their group was under a similar attack, what they would say?
    Dana Ryan

Ive not read everyone's responses, so Im not sure if this has already been brought up.
    Ive seen this page before, long time ago and it didn't sit well with me then, and it sits less well with me now.
    I wouldnt have remembered why if it wasnt for this thread, so many thanks to the OP.

The reason-
    The strong bible tone that glues the whole site together.
    Titles to columns such as "The Devil and Transgenderism" and "The Bible is NOT silent on the subject of transgenderism"....
    I reach boiling point when I read stuff like this.
    I'll apologise in advance to any god fearing churchgoers whom I may be about to offend...

The Bible was written in times that have very little similarity to today. They didn't even have candles back then. Never mind globally workable currency, economic downturn, the internet etc etc
    The biggest stress they had in those days was keeping wolves away from their sheep!
    Skip forward a couple thousand years after the death of JC and we have diluted and raped the bible of it's teachings and the central message - Don't kill anyone, love people as long as you can do some good deeds!
    There are so many ways that a bloody book can be interpreted that its comical. Wikipedia sites there to be OVER 38,000 denominations of the christian faith. Thats 38,000 ways to interpret a book which is then used to tell others what they are doing wrong with their life.
    Does this not strike anyone else as madness?
    Does the whole thing not make anyone think "Maybe this book doesnt have the answers Im looking for"?

Im not advocating we all carve three sixes into our foreheads and chant for the mighty Kthulu to rise, what I AM saying, is lead your own life and keep a bloody moral compass!

My problem with the bible and its interpretations are the extremist groups that it spawns. Whether it's pro-life church groups MURDERING abortion clinic doctors (Think about that- Pro-lifers killing people), or anti-homosexual church groups violently protesting at gay pride events (both of these are easy to find via google), the church doesnt get an easy ride.
    But both of these things are not enough, the 'christian' church (love thy neighbour- remember) actually run camps where people go to be cured, yes.... CURED of homosexuality.

This stop crossdressing site REEKS of religious bullsh1t to me.
    Theres no support, no help, no guidance. Just page upon page of the same old misinterpreted quotes over and over again.

Im sorry, but if you still think you can stop crossdressing, then you either havent been doing it very long, or you weren't really crossdressing in the first place.
    Like it or not, this is what we were made as.

I for one quite like it, so f**k all the haters at stopcrossdressing.com
    Samantha -x-