Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there anything that gives you that "itch" to dress?

Makeup addict!

Is there anything that gives you that "itch" to dress?

In the past few days, I've been thinking about what drives us men to dress up as ladies, and may be posting about that in the future. I'm wondering if there's something that makes you want to dress. Now, I mostly don't have a desire to dress and the reason why I haven't gone out and bought much makeup and clothes is because by the time I get to the store, I lose the desire. However, I've noticed recently I want to crossdress when I see women's clothes I like. I was out yesterday and saw a girl in a cute black skirt and matching heels with a toe peep and instantly had the desire to dress up. When I lived in a dorm, I had the desire to dress up a lot because of the frequent clubbing with the girls in my building . Anyway, I've concluded that I only want to dress when I see clothes I love OR when I see other men dressed as ladies. Are any of you this way and only seem to want to be a crossdresser because of something that motivates you?

Not really. Probably the same thing that motivates sammon to swim up stream, spawn and die...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Breathing makes me want to dress.

Being alive makes me want to dress enfemme.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Waking by an establishment with cute dresses in the window....seeing a GG in a very cute outfit....begining to think there is too many things to list!

My itch started somewhere betwen age 5 and 6. Never cared for the esthetic of mens clothing.....was always jealous of the way women dress, and the freedom they have to express themselves.

Basically when I see a girl (GG) whom I'm attracted to, I wonder what it would feel like to be her, wearing her clothes.
    I've felt this way since puberty began.
    Back on the forums! But still very much closeted.

If I wake up in the morning looking down at the grass and not up at the grass, then I want to dress!
    Andrea
    One body, two spirits

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile....00001834525065
    Feel free to send me a FaceBook friend request.

Everything is not what it seems
    When you can get all you wanted in your wildest dreams
    You might run into trouble if you go to extremes
    Because everything is not what it seems

Platinum Member
    nope, its just something I need to do...which is why I do it every day

Just waking up in the morning gives me the urge to dress up like a girl! Other than that sooooo many things can trigger a "pink fog" attack; too many to list! Most have to do with just seeing womans clothing/make up/shoes in a retail store/TV ad/News paper ad...
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Getting out of bed makes me want to dress!! Oh, you mean enfemme!! Well, that is pretty much the same as me getting dressed! Unless something special is going on I dress enfemme every day! I am a widower and live alone so why not!! I don't think my neighbors know that I am a CD, but at this point in my life I really don't care! I wear skirts and nice tops most of the time, unless it gets real cold. Then I wear ladies jeans (sorry Karren!) with a knit top. Of course I am always underdressed in panties and bra, and maybe a camisole if it is cold.
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

The itch for me is pictureing me in the outfit and/or imagining experianceing the feel and look of the woman wareing it. I love women and admire them and what makes them special, so that is my itch. But my need to dress comes many times from stress and the need to take a vaction from myself. To be someone else and that is always female. When I return to myself things are usely in focus or simpler than before. There "itch," scratched!

I get the itch at least every 6 hours a day to dress but that doesn't mean I actually get to scratch the itch, I wish I could though. However when I do have the itch and the time to do something about it like shopping, I will go to a place that is meant for women like an all womens dress store, nail salon or whatever and before even I drive there I make myself commit to going right into the establishment and doing what I wanted to do otherwise I can loose the desire which is probably just defeat. I now refuse to be defeated. So if you commit then follow it through, thats what I do now and it feels so darn good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't say there is. For me its just a need I have and as I result I dress as often as possible.
    ~~Melissa~~

Banned Read only
    Nothing external makes me want to dress. I want to dress because it is something innate.

Wow, I've heard of the dress and purge cycle but never happening that fast. Okay, back to the original question. What give me the 'itch' to dress??? Ahhh ....breathing I guess. If I'm not enfemmode, I'm thinkin of what I'm going to be wearing the next time I can...

For the past year or so it's now just getting comfy. Yea, that's it, wake up get the bio replacements off to school, the SO to work and then it's my time to jump into the comfy clothes...

After I've got everything on along with makeup, hair, nails, etc.... I just sit back and sigh in relief that I'm where I want to be..for the moment. Then I get off my but and go shoppin.... LOL...

Renne......

Yep,,, yep,,oh yea

WELL I agree with everyone so far,, But I am to the point of thinking im ugly if I dont have makeup on all the time . I dont itch anymore cuz I dress in something daily now ,, guess I was getting RAW from not dressing for so many years I have alot of catching up to do ,, Maybe never get caought up but ill try . Seeing someone else dressed like another woman just makes me want to look better an learn from them . Ijust love to see a pretty lady all dolled up lookin good ,, Cuz we girls already know what she went threw to get there
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

There are two things that make me want to dress. The first is not getting a chance to dress often enough. The second is that every time I dress it makes me want to dress more.

Anna

[SIZE=4]Many times I get the urge to crossdress without any particular reason. But when I see real hot makeup on a woman or a crossdresser, that really gets me going. [/SIZE]

Doesn't take much. When I was watching the playoff games, the sight of the cheerleaders in the background was all it took for me to go put my own cheerleader uniform on. Which remained on for the rest of the day.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Most days I would like like to dress up as a lady, but because of work and such I am not able to dress as often as I like to, but to answere your question, there have been many times when seeing a GG in a dress triggers me to stop everything and take the rest of the day off, and go home and dress up as a lady. When the weather is warm that trigger usually happens 2 or 3 times a week. Every sunday is my trigger to wear a dress also.

my dress is androgynous at best, but sometimes i see a girl with a particularly sexy blouse or skirt and I want to wear that instead...if I'm close to home I will go home and change otherwise I live with what I'm wearing.

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    SThere's no trigger ofr me. I just get the urge.

I itch as if I have been through poison oak and crossdressing is the only way to make the itch stop. So Very Soothing!

I always want to be in the pink mode because it never goes away. Definite triggers would be other females dressed like I like or images from tv. If I see soap operas or channels like we and oxygen I go off.