Thread: One of my old high school friends is a crossdresser!

One of my old high school friends is a crossdresser!

Up until just now, I was not aware of any of my real life friends being into crossdressing.

One of my high school friends, let's call him "Tim" posted a YouTube video in 2009 where he and his friends danced to an anime theme song. Tim was wearing a dress (in the style of anime cosplay, but still a dress). I thought nothing of it when I first saw it in 2009 though, since plenty of people "crossplay" for anime-related stuff, and Tim was really into watching anime at the time.

Later on, I noticed that he started updating his Facebook picture with cutesy anime dolls, and then put a picture of himself wearing a pink wig and dress, again in the style of anime. But eventually his interest in anime started fading and he began embracing something new - the animated show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (usually abbreviated as MLP:FiM). For those who aren't aware, it is a show marketed for very young girls, but the high-quality animation style and positive messages have made the show attractive to many adults of both sexes, who refer to themselves as "bronies". Tim likes the show and identifies as a "brony", and posts a lot of MLP-related material on his Facebook, and even has a separate Facebook page for music remixes he made based off of the show's audio (and he has set his gender to female on this other page).

In 2011 he put up another crossdressing picture in a colorful dress where he holds an umbrella and carries some type of toy. Now this is going to make me sound like a total stalker, but I started looking at Tim's posts on brony forums and then just today, out of curiosity, I did a Google search for his main Internet handle and then "crossdressing" and I found some forum posts where he identifies as a "regular crossdresser" and also a post where he said his mom knows about the crossdressing, but it didn't surprise her because she knows he likes weird and girly things. He also made a post on a blog about how he strongly dislikes traditional gender roles.

So it looks like one of my real life friends is a crossdresser and is even somewhat out of the closet about it! Though I should say something about the way he dresses, because it's a bit different than how most girls on this forum dress. His outfits are feminine but mainly aimed to be cute and silly. He does the dress, stockings, pink and bright colors, etc, but he doesn't wear heels, skin-tight dresses, put on makeup or otherwise try to give his image a sexual allure. He also hasn't assigned a female persona or name to himself (he has the Facebook pony music page, but that's more a part of the brony fandom than a crossdressing thing). For him I don't think that his goal is to be able to pass as a woman, and I don't think there is a sexual aspect to it either; if there is he has been completely silent about it. I'd love to post pictures but I don't want to violate his privacy.

Anyway, I'm thrilled that one of my friends is a dresser. I don't talk to him that much, just occasionally on Skype because we both compose electronic music and I like sharing tracks with him. But I hope to at some point talk to him about the dressing. I'm not going to drop any hints that I Google-stalked him, of course, I'll probably just start a conversation about MLP:FiM (since I've watched a few episode myself), then lead the conversation to a talk about "girly things" and gender roles and then perhaps casually mention crossdressing and see if he says anything about it. He's a cool guy, eccentric in the way that I myself am, and is one of the few people I know in real life with whom I'd feel 100% comfortable talking to about my own dressing habits.
    Back on the forums! But still very much closeted.

It always good when the real world colides with our cross-dressing world and discovering that you are not alone, and if one of your friends shares, at least somewhat, your same passion is great. Do talk to him but be sure to spill your own beans, not his. If he is comfortable with it he will tell you himself. What ever you do, do not start out by explaining how you figured him the way you told us or you probably will loose a friend for ever. I know you are just really courious, but googling him and crossreferencing him to crossdressing is creepy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    the more we think we are unique and a small number in the world the more often we run into items like this that reaffirms what we all tell each other (whether we really believe it or not), we are not alone.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

I think we would all be amazed at the people we know that are actually CDers.

When I graduated I was named "Least Likely to Become a Crossdresser." Guess I showed them. My 50th reunion is in a couple years, I might go.

Platinum Member
    Who knows what goes on behind closed doors.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by JessHaust View Post
    It always good when the real world colides with our cross-dressing world and discovering that you are not alone, and if one of your friends shares, at least somewhat, your same passion is great. Do talk to him but be sure to spill your own beans, not his. If he is comfortable with it he will tell you himself. What ever you do, do not start out by explaining how you figured him the way you told us or you probably will loose a friend for ever. I know you are just really courious, but googling him and crossreferencing him to crossdressing is creepy.
    I'll admit, I can be quite creepy. But when talking to him I'm definitely going to be tactful. I'm not going to do anything like saying "Hey, I was looking at your posts on My Little Pony forums and decided to see if you were into crossdressing" or anything silly like that. I'll start out talking about electronic music since we both have a strong interest in that, then I'll mention pony-themed music, start talking about the show, etc. I won't force the crossdressing topic if it doesn't fit well into the conversation, and I'll probably let him bring it up first. I'll be careful and I won't say anything that may make him think that I've been following his Internet activity outside of Facebook.

When I graduated I was named "Least Likely to Become a Crossdresser." Guess I showed them. My 50th reunion is in a couple years, I might go.
    Wow, they had a category like that at your high school in the 1960s? Were you at the time vocally against crossdressing or did your friends just see you as way too masculine to ever go near women's clothing?
    Back on the forums! But still very much closeted.

Went to my HS reunion this year & discovered another of my classmates had changed sex, and came en femme but there was no doubt she was previously a male.

So why don't you send him a link to a flicker account with a pic of you dressed up? Might be a great way to start a conversation

Platinum Member
    fascinating. It is great to have friends who share a common interest - even if its a little different than yours. So are you going to let him know about you?

I'm just waiting for one of the regulars to say, "A bronie, into composing electronic music, Hey! He's talking about me! It must be...."

Busted!

I have an old friend from my childhood that I saw on a TG chat line a few years ago. I knew it was her because of telltale signs. However I wasn't 100% sure. Very close but not 100%. She doesn't know about me. I'd like to get to know for sure and then eventually reveal myself to her. Trouble is I have no more contact with her.

Ellie...I was thinking the same thing. The next time Sveta skypes her friend, she should be dressed up and see if her friend brings up the subject. It might be a little daring and maybe a little fun.

I dont personally know any other crossdressers. It would be nice to have real life friends who you could talk to.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

Arrow Re: One of my old high school friends is a crossdresser!

One of the star hockey players in my high school class had SRS. At the fortieth class reunion after signing in at the registration desk we took one of those metal buttons that had senior class yearbook picture on the button. The aim of this was we were to find the person we had taken at random out of a basket of photo buttons and then give them them the button once we located the person. One girl that came looked vaguely familiar was walking around with a male's photo button. Finally one of the classmates asked her if she were looking for the person that was on the photo button. She replied "I am the person on the photo button"! Then could see some of the resemblance to the photo on the button. She wasn't embarrassed at her sex change. She wrote a little in the book that was handed out at the registration that had updates of one's past since last reunion. She was still married to the woman she dated in high school, but the wife didn't attend.

There were email addresses for those who were in the memory book. I emailed the TS a few days after the reunion. Told her that I was a crossdresser. She sent a nice note back saying that to be who you want to be regardless of what others say. She didn't seem to want to have any further correspondence.