Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you been pushed a little out of your comfort zone?

Have you been pushed a little out of your comfort zone?

I love it when my wife surprises me by putting me in a situation which she knows is a little uncomfortable but necessary for me to build confidence and be a better woman. Here are some examples:
    1. When we're out as girlfriends at a restaurant, I speak as little as possible because I'm self-conscious about my semi-masculine voice. Last Saturday, when our waitress came over to our table to greet us and take our drink orders, my awesome wife just kept her lips shut! "Oh great!" I thought. I'm going to have to do all the verbalizing. I had no choice, so I did. Of course, I did fine and it was great experience. My wife had planned that and I love her for pushing me.
    2. A couple of weeks ago, I was in male mode and we stopped at a dress shop to shop for me, mostly. As we were approaching the store, she says, "You go on ahead while I go to this other store. I'll be over in a few minutes." Now, I've shopped alone tons of times, but it was the unexpected change that caught me off guard. I browsed around, got a sales associate to help me find things my size and started a dressing room. 30 minutes later, my wife wanders in with a "oh, did I forget about the time?" expression and smile on her face.
    3. A few months ago, we attended a women-only "Girl's Night Out" event at our local art museum. The theme was to showcase local vendors of interest to women so the vendor tables were arranged along the walls of the very large main atrium. There were cocktail tables and high chairs scattered around the edges for attendees. Well, we made it in and found a table. I felt "safe" at that point. I had a home base and could kind of hide there. At least sitting down disguised my height. We had stopped by the "bar" on the way to our table and I was subconsciously sucking down my wine. Then my wife asks if I want another glass. Of course, I said I did. She said she wanted another one, too, and some more hors duerves. I thought she'd get them. Wrong! She told me to go get our drinks. I remembered how loud my heels were on this typical museum floor and the wine bar looked like it was 100 yards away. I took a deep breath and forged ahead. It was exhilirating although I had quite a lump in my throat.

I love my wife for slowly taking my training wheels away. She's just the best thing to ever happen to me.

Has anyone had a spouse or mate help them along this way?

Love,
    Mandy

Mines just begining to now i don't mind being seen at home while dressed buy the neighbour's through the windows
    but i think a wig would look better now as i don't think i would pass properly without one even though my wife accepts me dressing
    nearly full time at home now days without , I think it's time i asked to chose me a wig and the big step GOING OUT ,must be coming to
    that one soon as i feel also my training wheels are being taken away from me.

Haven't gone out fully dress (just yet) but my wife and I went shoping and she made me try the dresses on before buying them to make sure they would fit, it was kind of embarasing because the attendant on the dressing rooms gave us a weird look and kept saying, YOU ARE TRYING THE DRESSES? over and over, my wife made it so much fun that I just did not care, when we got to the shoe section she just kept telling me to try the shoes in front of people. All in all it was more fun than embarasing.

What a great wife you have Amanda Wish I could say I wasn't jealous but.....

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle V View Post
    Haven't gone out fully dress (just yet) but my wife and I went shoping and she made me try the dresses on before buying them to make sure they would fit, it was kind of embarasing because the attendant on the dressing rooms gave us a weird look and kept saying, YOU ARE TRYING THE DRESSES? over and over, my wife made it so much fun that I just did not care, when we got to the shoe section she just kept telling me to try the shoes in front of people. All in all it was more fun than embarasing.
    Wife or not I couldn't do it. Good going
    Last edited by Nigella; 02-04-2012 at 08:52 AM.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I love pushing my limits. I got myself in a rut by only going to "safe" places, now I am pushing farther and farther out of the closet and enjoying it more and more.

Pushing limits is one reason I keep doing this. That is part of the fun.

And I am glad your wife is so much fun and caring. You have a great time out don't you? Like two best friends
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Read only
    You're awesome!

Got to love that gal

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    With the limits pushed a little, it's easier to go out dressed. I would rather be seen dressed as a girl trying on clothes than I would being dressed as a guy trying on girls clothes.
    Dana Ryan

Great story....your wife sounds great. I guess anytime we do something new dressed, we're pushing our own limits. I'm guess ing that your wife thought you were ready otherwise she probably wouldn't have done it.

each time we go shopping together i think i move on abit and my wife is morecasual about the right fit, ie"try the other shoe on , all feet are not the same size" oh ok if you insist.

Platinum Member
    As i mentioned some months ago my wife and I were enjoying a bottle of wine poolside ( I was dressed) when she in lvited our meighbor to join us. I was shocked for a moment but no one else was and we had a great time. She was more ready than I thought I was.

Big girl time

OHHHH YEA ,,, Iknow what cha mean there .All the ladys on here think an say ohhhh your so lucky your wife dont care ,,,You can dress anytime you want,, But that being said all that fun an games comes to an end after awhile. She will take you threw JAN-FEB but then its time to MARCH on your own an be a big girl. So no more sneaking around an her buyin all the clothes cuz your scared to pay, Not tryin stuff on an having to bring it back for ya, Goin outta town so you can shop in peace ,,,, Ohhh no that goes away with the thrill ,, After the new where;s off your on your own an ya better hope its not in front of your buddys or someone ya know well ? Go to the makeup counter an make you get your shade match, get the lady to get a bra sizing,, Go in an get your ears pearsed , Ohhh an the shoe thing yell across the store ,, HEY I found your size ,, Here try these on,, Mine does the same as the rest ,, Just today light makeup jeans, tight top , little jacket on ,, loafers, She hands me her purse in walmart at the couter an walks away an says pay for that ill be over here,So here I am digging threw her purse just like it was mine an payin for a bunch of baby clothes for a shower. So when ya get ready to jump make sure you can swim ,, BECUZ its not all heels an hose an prancing around the house,, There is alot of ladys on here that can tell ya ,, If ya think sneakin around outside is bad where you can run an hide or get in the car an leave ohhh baby you got another thing coming . Ya better hope she is in a good mode an is not PMS cuz when ya get in that store an she sees something she wants an you see something you want it mite be WWIII ....... CAT FIGHT ,,,,
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

I only worry about being out of the comfort zones that have consequences......my job, for one.
    My friends are cool & accepting. My parents have now seen photos of me, and though we live about 200 mile apart because of my job, they think I am amusing. Dad's a little worried that he'll lose a son for good....mainly because we relate so well as guys. I hate to dissapoint the parents that love me and gave so much of their lives to raise me.
    In the end game, I am me, and that's the way it is.

I don't have anyone to push me so every step I take out of my comfort zone is done on my own, however I'm determined to turn the fear into fun.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

You have a very lovely girlfriend in your wife, for shore! Me, I had to just 'woman-up' to do what you so eloquently describe..which to me is a process or if you will, a 'Right of Passage' distinct & unique, foreign to what most people think, expect or imagine. Though some day I suppose they'll make a movie about us, and it'll win an Oscar for Best Pic.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    My wife is only into me for 2 months, but she recognizes when the time comes for me to do something, and she makes sure I do it. Will go with me to the makeup counter, but always makes me talk to the SA and ask for a match. She will go into fitting room with me for clothes. but I have to go in for the exchange when things dont fit, and the exchange is for my size. She is pushing me in makeup once I took the initiative for the first time. Each one has their own way of making us function as a part of society. God Bless them.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

I find this very interesting. Even though my wife is accepting, she has never pushed me. I mostly encourage her to go out with me. I have had to learn to walk on my own, but she will follow me and I love her for that.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I too used to stick to TG or "safe" places but with my wife by my side.I was persuaded to be a little bolder,so we went into Pizza Hut,it was full with families and I thought it was a baaad Idea,but I shouldn't have worried no one even bothered,I even talked with fellow diners and I felt very relaxed.The Ladies in our lives care for us and know what's best I would definately say.

Sophie
    Last edited by t-girlxsophie; 02-03-2012 at 11:25 PM.
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Sorry, ladies, but I simply don't buy all this cutesy-wootsy, lovey-dovey "my wife is so awesome...look at how she makes me push my boundaries" stuff. I'm starting to feel my gag reflexes kick in...

Why don't you just call it what it is - that some of you and your wives both get off on this kind of female domination scenario, and that you thoroughly enjoy playing the submissive role, with bit of public humiliation thrown in just to spice things up a bit. It may not be full-blown, classic "sissy training", but pretty darn close.

No shame in that - and whatever floats your boat - but at least have the honesty and integrity to call a spade a spade, and don't presume for a minute that the rest of us here are naively looking at your kinky role-playing through the same distorted lens.

Most of us here have either non-accepting or barely tolerant SO's, and it is unfair to rub our noses in the allegedly awesome relationships that you have with your spouses when - if, in fact, what you claim is true - this also happens to fall at the extreme other end of the "acceptance" spectrum and is far from the norm either.

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    Love that story, Amanda! I am glad you are so happy.

Good for you Amanda. I too have a supportive wife who is happy help me expand my limits and broaden my horizons. She does this because she cares about me and wants to help me nurture my fem side. She wants me to learn to feel more comfortable as a woman in public because she knows that my female side is an important part of my entire personality.
    It takes a lot of effort in order to foster an accepting relationship, sacrifices need to be made on both sides. But if you.re willing to do the hard work necessary to gain acceptance then it can result in a magical experience. So magical is it, that I can almost understand the disbelief by some who don't have it.

Being on the other side of that I can tell you that pushing someone TOO far can cause damage and dissolution of relationships. There comes a point when you have to recognize that someone is at their comfort level and no amount of pushing is going to make them budge. It's one thing to push but it's totally another when you are making the other person so miserable by pushing that you wind up losing them.

It has been my experience that some CD's expect the SO to be as passionate about their being a CD as the CD is. It's easy to forget that your partner is not a CD and is not going to get as much of a thrill out of it as the CD (I'm sure there are different levels depending on the individual). I think sometimes the CD expects their SO to push them to do more so that they don't have to be responsible for doing it. They want it to be forced on them to add to their happiness and push their SO to take this role. In my situation, I do not want the role of the forced feminization and to lay that at my feet and expect that from me for their happiness is wrong. I am not responsible for making anyone happy but myself.

I would caution anyone who is trying to push this role on their SO's if she is resistant to back off. It would be so easy to push her to the point of shutting down and not participating at all. Be happy with the level of participation she is comfortable giving b/c that too could be lost!

I realize the OP wasn't addressing this type of situation but I wanted to give my perspective as a GG on the other side of that.
    Last edited by WsprsOnTheWind; 02-04-2012 at 12:03 AM.

your wife is amazing, no i have never experienced anything like you described, wish i had

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    My wife and I have been going out together dressed as girlfriends for close to 40 years. Shopping, restaurants, errands, movies etc. She is not super duper crazy about me being a CD but is very tolerant because she loves me and wants to make me happy even if its at her own expense of her not getting the deserved attention, affection and sex, that i ashamedly claim for myself.
    But for me there is no " feminine side" illusion because i don't feel it and never will or want to. Yes I pass perfectly 90% of the time in public but I dress simply because I like to, to feel good, to impersonate a woman and take on a few hours of role playing acting. None of this deep phooey feminine side stuff applies to me... but my wife. God bless her.

hi Mandy!
    thanks a lot for sharing this with us. it seems pretty clear that your wife love, supports you and knows how to rock your boat! in a true relationship, she'll feel as proud as yourself as you pull off around her "traps". it's major intimacy, and as Lorileah very well said, "like two best friends". I'm happy for you and I can only dream of finding a SO like her. tell her she's awesome!
    [SIZE="1"]It is fatal to be a man or woman pure and simple: one must be a woman manly, or a man womanly. — Virginia Woolf[/SIZE]