Thread: Got Ma'amd with my wife today

Got Ma'amd with my wife today

Had a great day today out shopping with my wife. Picked up some new make-up and looked at some great clothes. Went to Olive Garden and had lunch and I got ma'amd and then she hoped us "ladies" were enjoying our lunch. Funny thing is, I was not dressed up at all, not even under dressed !! We had a good laugh with the waitress because when she went to take my order, she said and what would you like ma'am ? Then she laughed and we laughed so the joke carried on a little after that, so I kept calling her sir because her name was Dallas. My wife said "if she only knew" !?!? Seems her little one kept her up all night and she was just on auto pilot.

I suspect that your femme side is "leaking" a bit into your male persona. Subtle things like well-groomed nails, certain clothing choices, etc. sometimes add up to "female," particularly when the observer is not at her best. Take the compliment for what it is!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    I suspect that your femme side is "leaking" a bit into your male persona. Subtle things like well-groomed nails, certain clothing choices, etc. sometimes add up to "female," particularly when the observer is not at her best. Take the compliment for what it is!
    The "not at her best" comment is interesting. My wife, who has been down with a cold for several days, stumbled over her words today, almost calling me a girl. "gir..., um, guy" I asked her about it - she said she wan't sure what to use anymore.

Lea

Aspiring Member
    I have had it happen to me once. I just got off work wearing jeans, T shirt, jacket (male mode) and my hair was not long enough for a ponytail at that time. We walked into a Green Mill Restaurant and was addressed as "ladies". I was surprised, as was my SO. Luckily she didn't correct her.
    Diane Elizabeth