Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: for those that want to know to tell kids or not maybe this will help

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Steps View Post
    thank you so much for sharing this Carrie. I know my wife and i are struggling with telling our daughters. We never know their inner strengths until they chose to let us in. Beautiful

Babes
    baby steps im here anytime you need advice just send me a privet message
    huggs Kari
    I am a beautiful, young victorian style lady. Demure, gentle, kind and giving. I love to be feminine in lace and intricate delicate patterns flowing skirts, the kind of sexy that makes you desperate to know what I'm hiding underneath!

We haven't yet told the kids, Mrs F is worried and there are bigger fish to fry right now - my wife's cervical cancer treatment starting this week - but I agree that children cope with this fine. They get it. This is another imaginary friend who needs to come out to play sometimes.

Except kids know imaginary friends are real psychological entities, not some made-up excuse for naughtiness. We adults forget that.
    hugs for everyone!
    Rachel x

That is very inspiring. My girls(16&12), I strongly suspect know of my alternate persona, but we are waiting for Mom to be comfortable enough to come out of my closet. I don't hide it well, well, I don't just keep it out of sight. The shoes under the bed, dresses in my closet, occasional forgotten articles in the laundry. Only a little effort to discover and let them make up thier own minds when they are ready. No open discussion but have skirted the topic. (Pun intended!)

I'd just add that IMHO it would be horrible to tell a young child, no matter the why's or wherefores of one's CD'ing.

Well I'm sorry you feel that way and I don't appreciate your comment, but you are entitled to your own opinion. Everyone deals with situations in their own way, and my family just so happens to love me enough to want to understand me(even my 5 year old grandaughter). This poem is a testimate to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Annaliese2010 View Post
    I'd just add that IMHO it would be horrible to tell a young child, no matter the why's or wherefores of one's CD'ing.
    I am a beautiful, young victorian style lady. Demure, gentle, kind and giving. I love to be feminine in lace and intricate delicate patterns flowing skirts, the kind of sexy that makes you desperate to know what I'm hiding underneath!

by the way what is IMHO?

Gold Member
    IMHO - In My Humble Opinion