Thread: Latest Experience as Jane....

Latest Experience as Jane....

I have received so much confidence from reading others experiences on this board, that I wanted to post my latest. On a recent business trip, approx 8hrs from home, I decided to check out of hotel around 9pm as Jane and drive part of the way home, grab dinner at drive thru then check into another hotel (as Jane) then again dress as Jane for the remainder of the drive home.

So get on the road. Instead of going thru drive thru, I ran into a Denny's around 1am that was empty, so decided to go in and sit down to eat. Even though empty I knew others could come in at any moment, and I still had to face waitress and other staff. Still required a lot of courage for me to walk in. Waitress was as sweet as could be. No one came running out of back to take a look. If she "read" me she never let me know it. Went to ladies room and when returning to booth noticed a young couple was sitting in booth next to mine, and had to walk past them to my booth. If they noticed me, I never knew it. Paid check and left.

Checked in to hotel, and male clerk never noticed until I gave him my drivers license. He said very nicely smiling, I had no idea you were a woman until I saw your DL. Very nice polite clerk.

Left hotel in morning as jane, and went to Chkfilet drivethru. No incident at all. Took lunch to Outlet mall parking lot to eat.

After lunch went into Leggs/Hanes store to buy hose. Was definitely noticed, and a few looks and stares, but not uncomfortable at all. Then went over to Dress Barn, and as I was walking in, a lady (approx 30-40yrs old) sitting on bench near entrance asked if she could take my picture. My heart and stomach sank. What a blow. SO went into DB and walked around, again definitely noticed, and looks, but not bad at all. Left DB and walked over to lady on bench and sat down to talk to her. I asked her how I looked and what gave me away. She said my makeup was excellent, dress was great, walked in the heels better then she could, but the Wig definitely gave me up. She said there was just to much going on with it. Also, the fact that I was 6.0 without heels, and wearing 3-4inch heeled boots was an attention getter. We talked for a while, very nice lady. She said she wanted to take my picture so she could show her boys that they should be themselves no matter what. That was very nice if she was being honest...

So I got back on highway and immed called a wig shop in Myrtle Beach, asked if they worked with CDers, they do, and would they so a discrete appt. I set one up for 5:30 that afternoon.Best thing I ever did. She found an excellent wig that I feel looks great. Very conservative, and not real flashy. She said I looked very good. She also said my height would give me alot of attention, so I needed to dress very nice. She was just incredible. She tried several wigs on me, look for one that worked with my face, then trimmed it as well. ALso gave me tips on makeup. I really love the wig.

After leaving wig shop, I drove into Georgetown for a walk thru the old downtown area. Some guys got out next to me and walked next to me then stopped behind to look in a window. IF they made me, they never let me know it, as I could hear them talking, and I never came up, that I could hear. Went over to CVS, went in, a few customers at checkout, they noticed me, and the women looked but the men did not. When I checked out, there were two clerks talking so I asked them how I looked. They were very nice, and said they knew I was a guy right when I walked in due to my guy build, (6.0 and 185lbs). But said I looked good.

Left CVS, and drove for a bit, changed back to a guy and went home.

What I have finally realized so far, is just as all of you say, 95% don't care, and the other 5% just don't matter. I have come to the conclusion that I do not want to pass 100%. Most will know that I am a guy, and that is ok. What I do want though, is to dress conservative/professional, so that when I am made, instead of making funny comments to themselves and friends, that they comment on how good I look, that wow he looks very good as a woman. If I can reach that, I will be happy.

I would never ever have gone out in public as I have without the confidence that I have received from reading other post on others experiences. I hope to be able to do the same to someone that is on the fence about going out. Take small steps, and it just gets better and better.

This is just an amazing feeling, to have spent that time as a woman. Now when I can't dress, or until the next time, I have these wonderful thoughts from this experience to carry me over.
    Last edited by JaneAshland; 02-04-2012 at 11:07 PM.

Isn't it great Jane when the butterflies have left and you are free to roam around the outside world? I lost my last butterfly about a month or so ago and have been lookin for new areas and stores to make 'first contact' with. Being in the carolina's in the wintertime isn't that hard...but if my memory serves me as I used to live in the queen's city, come 'round 'bout June it gets down right tropical... That'll be the time, when everything I wear starts to melt.. LOL... Run for the A/C malls then....

Thanks for sharing such a nice long story...

Renne.....

That's a great story and an inspiration as I'm going to spend the day today dressed en femme. I'm going to Dress Barn and a local mall and your post just gave me added confidence.

Melissa

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneCDX View Post
    What I have finally realized so far, is just as all of you say, 95% don't care, and the other 5% just don't matter. I have come to the conclusion that I do not want to pass 100%. Most will know that I am a guy, and that is ok. What I do want though, is to dress conservative/professional, so that when I am made, instead of making funny comments to themselves and friends, that they comment on how good I look, that wow he looks very good as a woman. If I can reach that, I will be happy.
    I wrote this comment after not fully reading your post (sorry). Then I saw how you feel exactly the same as I did starting to go our. :-)

When I first started going out, my main goal was to look good so I didn't embarrass myself. I didn't mind if they knew I was a guy, if their next thought was "but he looks good". Looking back at those early pictures, I'm not sure I succeeded. At the time I thought I did.

Thinking I looked better than I did was actually a good thing. It gave me the all important confidence to walk with pride and not care about some of the reactions I got. Just like an animal knows when you are scared or nervous, people can tell too. If you look confident and smile, you will put people at ease and find much more acceptance.

Gen

That is a great story Jane! Even the ones that read you were not offended or vocal about it. People wanted to talk to you too. That lady did not consider you odd and was actually helpful. So cool people gave you feedback. You were accepted out there and that's awesome!

It's always inspiring to see someone step out of their comfort zone a bit and have it go so well
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -- Mark Twain

Josie on Google Plus

Josie's Flickr Photostream

Dual Spirits (My Blog)

You are an inspiration. :3

That you did part of this in Georgetown, SC, is commendable. Still a few of the good ol' boys running around there but you did it!! We need a picture!
    Laura

Quote Originally Posted by JaneCDX View Post
    I think this is what I've been feeling what I want. I just hadn't seen it in words, but it is pretty much exactly what I would like to do. I don't think I could ever pass because of my shoulders, build and especially my hands (hands are not feminine at all).
    I guess I imagine my happy place would be to seen as a guy who is a woman, and looked very good as a woman, in presentation and spirit.

I too am 6.0 but 220. I have been playing more soccer the last couple of months and has helped me lose about 8 lbs, about 35 lbs to go.

Love your experience, especially with the woman sitting near the door, that was wonderful.