Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sad?

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eva_nine View Post
    i actually thoroughly enjoy responding "no, its for me" on the rare occasion that i am questioned when purchasing typical female only purchases.
    Hi Eva, I don't bring it up but if they bring it up then I will have some fun with them.
    something like they will say in a joking way you will look good in that
    and I will say I sure hope so if I don't look good in it I'm bringing it back.

The look on thier face---------------Priceless.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

You could just buy a bunch of manly crap... and sneak it into the cart.... Beer... Chips... Raw meat... BBQed anything..... Cholesterol laden bacon cheese burgers... Old Spice.... Bug Spray... Nail polish... They will think your girlfriend made you pick it up for her and will probably feel sorry for you.... Mainly because your arteries are clogged full of cheese.....

And of coarse a $3 bottle of polish will cost you $56.89.... So better buy the generic chips..
    Last edited by Karren H; 02-06-2012 at 08:31 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Platinum Member
    I doubt the cashiers much care what's in the cart. After you've scanned ten thousand items, I'd imagine they'd all blend together. I can think of one exception. A few months ago, a young male cashier ask me if I used the Secret deoderant that I'd purchased, or if it was for my wife. I really don't consider deoderant to be gender specific, and was a bit surprised by the question, but I answered honestly - I use whatever is in the medicine cabinet and buy whatever is on sale!

Silver Member
    I just go a bit from home and don't worry much since others have little interest in what you are doing. As for the cashier you will not be the first guy they have buy nail polish and others here have covered the multitude of responses if a comment is made. The list works very well especially if you have say shampoo and pink razors also in you purchase and don't forget the floral scented shave cream and ponytail holders. I used to use the List eons ago and found it fun trying to make the writing as femme as possible. Big looping letters with round dots on the I's. hey you know maybe I'll make a list today...?

There are so many teen and 20 something guys buying and wearing nail polish now, no one should even give it a second thought anymore.

And look at all the old and mean old rockers wearing polish now!

Banned Read only
    Throw in a box of tampons or pads and the cashier will think you're buying stuff for your SO. Chances are the cashiers think that anyway, if they even care enough to think about what people are buying.

Banned Read only
    Just go through the self scanning line, if there is one. Just don't use a coupon and put cash into the checkout machine. With Valentine's Day approaching you can get away with buying just about anything. If you're self conscious about unmentionables, just ask for a gift box or have the purchase gift wrapped. If you're self conscious about entering a women's store or section of a store, just drive down the road to the next county.

Quote Originally Posted by moondog View Post
    Throw in a box of tampons or pads and the cashier will think you're buying stuff for your SO. Chances are the cashiers think that anyway, if they even care enough to think about what people are buying.
    This makes me laugh. I usually shop at the same 3 stores for all of the hygiene stuff in the house and when my wife needs them I always pick up her a box of tampons. Most of the cashiers know me well enough to know that I'm married so when I get something for me they just assume it's for her. Best part we wear the same size clothes so I've even had them say that she is going to like something I got for me. lol.
    Allison Kat

Live Life by Sharing Your Life..

Yes I am a princess. At least that's what they call me. lol

It sounds like you want to have the confidence to go out and buy the things that you want in public. You realize that you could always buy things off of Amazon, but this is some how not the same.

I think you have to ask yourself what you are afraid that people might think if you buy polish from the store. In an opposite situation, what might you think about a man buying nail polish? How would you react to this situation?

In all likelihood, your own thoughts and actions might be the same as other people's. Maybe you would wonder if that person was a CD, but you couldn't exactly be sure... Would you more or less find it to be interesting, but then look the other way?
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

Thanks for the support, everyone! I actually went to Kroger today and bought a cute metallic blue color and NOBODY seemed to care, lol. I will post a pic in the Pictures and videos forum. My toes are now "Blizzard Blue" courtesy of Sally Hansen

Glad you were able to go out and get what you wanted, without waiting 3-5 days for shipping and handling.

But if you want to continue buying online check these crazy guys out.
    ManGlaze old website but still working
    ManGlaze New website
    ManGlaze For sale on Facebook now
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Funny, I was about to post a very similar thread. I've bought make up at Walmart about 2 weeks ago for the first time and felt strong and empowered. Then the next week, I had it in my mind that I wanted another color of nail polish and lipstick. I totally froze and couldn't do it. I felt total weak and sad about it. Today I had to do my food shopping and had no plans to buy makeup. Well, I decided to get that nail polish anyway. It helped that there weren't many people in the makeup section. Instead of flying in and grabbing the first thing that caught my eye, I spent some time going up and down every isle. I realized what many here have said. no one really cares. I got some looks, but what is the worst that they could be thinking? Anyway, I wound up getting a lipstick, nail polish, and a new eyeshadow. I always think about what I might say if someone questions my purchases, but the truth is, no one ever has. If they ever do, I plan on reacting the way I always do when someone asks me a question I don't want/need to answer. I'll give a big laugh, roll my eyes and say something like "i figure these colors will go great with my eyes" haha. Humor always works. My really big obstacle is buying high heels. I'm hoping I can get the nerve to do that soon.
    Ummm...yeah...what Shania said.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/57310119@N04/

Quote Originally Posted by patti1569 View Post
    Funny, I was about to post a very similar thread. I've bought make up at Walmart about 2 weeks ago for the first time and felt strong and empowered. Then the next week, I had it in my mind that I wanted another color of nail polish and lipstick. I totally froze and couldn't do it. I felt total weak and sad about it.
    It so gets easier after doin it for a while esp when you meet cool girl doin it

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    Patti, when your local Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event comes up, tell them you need a pair for that event- the SA's will go out of their way to help you.

Lots of responses I did t read but I have had that same issues
    I really wanted some nail polish. In drab I sat in the Walmart isle looking. A lady walked up next to me staring at me. Nervous, I asked her if she knows what brand is the hardest? She relaxed and chuckled and said "no clue". So I grabbed the color I was looking at and went about my way. At the register she had a big smile. She knew but anyways I just said i was real lucky today. I got a new job and new tools. Time to mark them mine! After all who is going to steal my tools with pink passion on the handle. She replied good idea! Wich I have really do e at jobs.
    I bought lipstick once and just asked the SR at Walgreens if she knows that this lipstick has polyurethane carbonite in it? Instant win!
    I got a makeup kit there too and instantly asked for a recipt. She said of coarse, I told her I might need to return it after my GF whoops my but for going against her to buy this for her 13yo daughter. I don't know if that worked. She had that smirk on her face the whole time like "Yeah right!"
    Like someone said before just agree "yeah it's for me. Won't it look peeerty lol"
    That works good enough for undercover DEA agents to use. Reverse phycology at its finest.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy93 View Post
    I actually went to Kroger today and bought a cute metallic blue color and NOBODY seemed to care, lol.
    It starts out as that scary first purchase of something femme. You tend to get more and more brave and after a time, it becomes just normal to buy things like that.

But yeah pretty much no matter what you do these days, people;e are not going to care cause they have their own lives they are tied up in.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I did this once. worked fine, but since amazon, I haven't needed to use the line again. Just tell anyone who asks that you needed that particular color for the trim on a model train, and couldn't find the paint shade in any modeling stores. Nail polish comes in a bazillion colors. I went to a beauty supply store, and I found a match for the orange/red trim of the New Hampshire line with ease. After doing the locomotive, I did my nails in the same color.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.