Thread: First time out

First time out

Hi ladies.
    I am looking to go out for the first time totally dressed this month or start of next. Got a make up artists number of the Internet and am going to get her to do my make ip she seems great very understand. She has worked will tv shows done ruby waxes make up and many others. Just want it to be the best it can be.
    My question is, is where to go I was thinking about a cinema thinking it quiet (if I choose the right film) and also a bit darker. Don't no whether to go local or miles out of town. Is the cinema a good choice or not? Thanks for reading. Xx

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I've gone dressed to the movies several times and have had no problems. Unless you have already decided on how you are going to handle the bathroom issue I would recommend not getting any soda.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Jordan, girl a film is ok, do you have a freind to go with, it is always easlier on the nerves with another the first time, Believe, i just so glad your going to have a fun outting. You will find having a makeover, is such a delight, and you will be dreaming about the next one and your great day out in the world. I know i am. Girl, what ever you do please be safe, Have the greattest of times Jordan.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

A movie is probably a safe bet because it's generally dark and you'll be sitting down, so you won't be easily made. But if you wish to be a little more adventurous then you might consider a shopping mall. The advantage of a mall is that most forms of attire are considered appropriate so if you're a little on the dressy side you won't stand out as much. Also, people who work in malls are a little more TG friendly and the security staff is protective of those who are there, presumably, to shop for women's clothing and accessories. Plus, there is something quite special about shopping for women's things while dressed.

My first time out was just a ride in the car, and eventually you start going out more and more and around more people

If you going through all the trouble to get a makeup artist do your makeup. Don't go off and hide in a dark theater!! Go out shopping or to dinner... Where you can be seen! If you don't want to be seen you could just as well stay home. Imho.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

My first time out was for a ride and I went throught the drive through at Dunkin Donuts. Going to the movies is certainly a safe place to go but I agree with Karren and Tanya that it might be more fun to do something else too. Malls are great but if that overwhelms you, how about walking around a Dress Barn or other women's stores? Get a coffee at Starbucks. Just some ideas. If you're like me you'll have a great time and be hooked on going out en femme.

Melissa

I once lost my nerve on an outing and wound up at a cemetery,LOL. I don't recommend going to one but it got me off the car and walking around till I plucked up courage to go across the street to a shopping mall. I had a blast. Remember, this is to be a fun, a stress free adventure. Relax, and just do it. Valerie

Movies are good, My 1st outing was a movie, but I agree with Karren, don't hide! go to a club, love will love it. Probably the easiest and most accepting are the Lesbian bars. They are fun, and usually you get some much appreciated encouragement form the GG's there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I agree, don't waste a great makeover sitting in the dark! Why settle for one activity when you can make a whole day of it.

I suggest, Makeover, shopping, lunch, movie, club, dinner, another club, hotel for the night. breakfast and ONLY then go home.

Bring a friend and take TONS of pictures.
    When a woman dresses like a man, it's ok. But when a man dresses like a woman, you think it's degrading. Because you think being a woman is degrading. -Madonna-

I think it's all what you feel reasonably comfortable doing. I've lost count on how many movies I've been to dressed pretty. If you choose that, I agree that going with a friend will help, but it all depends on your security level.

My first movie was a weekday evening. I had just purchased my wig from a local shop (where I tried it on). I had little makeup and my dress was horrid. Even so, the staff treated me nicely (and I am sure talked about me after I left). But I survived and now I go a lot of places dressed and you can too.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

I can't see getting all fixed up and going to a movie, but then I'm not much of a movie fan anyway.

Driving loses its thrill pretty quickly, but you may have to drive to get anyplace.

What works for me is walking in the park (dressed appropriately), walking in the business or tourist section of a city (you can dress up a little more for this), and walking around malls. Outdoor malls allow you to wear sunglasses if you wish (also in the city or park) so you are less apt to be recognized and you don't have to wear eye makeup.

If you go out in the late afternoon or evening, you can dress a little flashier without looking out of place.

As for local or out of town, you've got to decide. If you live in a small town, you may want to go somewhere else. If you live in a bigger city, it's less of an issue if you're worried about being recognized.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I'd recommend a park, tourist section of a city or a shopping mall at a busy time of day. I'd recommend busy because one has a greater chance of just being part of the crowd, and not noticed. If you are alone in a park that would attract attention. Just dress appropriately and dive into the anonymity of the crowd. Believe me that is the safest. The least safe is dressing sexy and going out for a walk at the dead of night. The quietness gives a false sense of security.

Banned Read only
    I have suggested onmany posts, that the one place a woman can go alone and not stand out,is the mall. Go there. Window shop, practice walking, do some people watching. Have fun

I agree if you're going for a make over enjoy it and head on out. I'm just getting comfortable with make up and my look and there is no place that I'm afraid of going (other than maybe a biker bar alone lol).
    Go shopping, enjoy yourself. You'll be surprised how you'll be treated at the stores by thr SAs.
    My next item on my bucket list is coming out to my tax preparer, not knowing I'm a CD she always said she'd like to see me in a skirt, maybe she will lol.
    Last edited by Nikki A.; 02-07-2012 at 07:42 PM. Reason: added more content

Way to go Jordan... The outside world is waiting and ready. In fact being outside these past few months has actually saved me money. It was just too easy to buy clothes online and now that I've got the makings of a good blender with style wardrobe, I now tend to shop more than buy. If you effort is to blend in, go there the day before and see what the girls are wearing. Is everyone in jeans and sneakers, then that's what it takes to blend in.

Are there little kids and teens? Watch out for those little kids. They don't say much they'll just stare you down as there little brain trys to reconcile the visual information that they are receiving... Teens on the other hand will spot any stray male gesture you may show and while most of them are too busy texting to notice anyone else in the world, those that do notice you may go off and make some random verbalization.

Either way, it gets easier each time your out. Eventually, you end up getting all dressed up and just pick up the groceries or head to the post office and just go about your daily chores... That's when it sets in, you're living as a girl, dressin as a girl and acting like a girl... then the day just flys by....

Tell us how it goes where ever you go....

Renne.....