Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What frustrates you most about dressing.

Lipstick on my teeth. Yesterday
    Being chased by a mean dog while wearing heels. Today
    Windy days when wearing a skirt. Probably tomorrow

The fact I can't afford the things I really want for dressing. There are some really good items out there but they are all so expensive. I want a good wig that can look natural but am stuck with the cheap one that anyone who is really paying attention can tell is a wig. I want good quality breast forms but I am embarassed to say I am using cheap costume breastforms from Party City. I want a full wardrobe but only have a few articles of clothing that don't lend themselves to much variation in outfits. So most of my problems stem from simply not being able to afford much.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyJameson View Post
    Windy days when wearing a skirt.
    Wait, that's a bad thing? ;-P

I'm just starting to learn about makeup and how to get my look down. Its frustrating to have to put that much makeup on to hide my beard color. I would love to be able to put a little powder on and some lip stick and look great.
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom" Anais Nin.

Live, Laugh, and Love Yourself!

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    After going through the posts, I can relate to all the expressed frustrations at one time or another. I am still new to dressing, so right now I still find the frustrations expressed here to be a series of wonderful road bumps that only add to the experience of the trip. As my vehicle ages these road bumps will progress to speed bumps to security blockades and the trip will get more difficult. However, i bet that the trips will never stop no matter how big the frustration gets, and that applies to all here I am sure.

I just love it when the trip is over and I can relax and enjoy the view, whatever it is.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

*Kisses and Best Wishes* Wendy_Marie's Avatar
    What the Nordic Princess said...My frustrations come not from dressing but from the need not to due to pressures of everyday life such as Work and Family.
    [SIZE="3"]"I can't talk girl talk when there is a guy inside my head." Gracie Lou Freebush[/SIZE]
    Is this all that's left of my life before me. Straight Jacket Memories and Seditive Highs! No Happy Ending like they always Promised...There's got to be something left for me... And I Turn my Head and Stare into the Eyes of a Stranger.
    To those of you who consider yourselves to be "Cat People" I apologize in advance for I am not.

My biggest frustration, is not looking very feminine.... in fact, not very feminine at all...... but at the same time, feeling very girly inside. TALK ABOUT FRUSTRATION !!!!!

At some point or another I agree with what has been said so far. I love dressing but I hate undressing and putting my things away. I have all my female things stored in large gym type bags. I get them out unpack them spread them all over the place, I get my make up out and it comsumes the bathroom counter, I bath shave and apply my make up and enjoy the process and the final look. After this process I feel great and cant stop smiling .............that is until I look around and find I have a huge mess to clean up. I wish I had a place in the house where I could leave my female things easily accessable. Having said all this I would rather dress and be a bit frustrated over the necessary clean up rather than not dress.

Oh did I mention not waiting long enough to let my toenail polish fully dry and putting on stockings. Hate when that happens.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Banned Read only
    I would say the weight issue for me. Founding the right size and look for me. I started looking at women and young women, boy, they got a weight issues them self. Most of them do. After tonight I have figured out why I weigh so much. When I started driving, I was around 200lbs and now about 270lbs. My wife and I are going on a diet after we get a few things done at the house.

Connya

Make up...no doubt about that...
    Lisa

With my current schedule, there are not enough hours in the day!

#1. Abundance of body hair. The only thing worse is the stubble (I have worse 5 o'clock shadow on my chest than my face).

#2. Lack of hair on my head. I have half a head of gorgeous red hair. I would soooo love to style it, and put it up in fancy updos... alas...

The make up.

I still botch it on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by sherri View Post
    In no particular order:

I keep my weight pretty well under control (although at my age I will never again be as toned as I'd like), but still can't wear the sort of ultra-fem tops I want. Just don't have the physique to dress as fem as I really want.

I don't have the budget for the wardrobe I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!

That I can't afford really nice jewelry, and no one seems interested in buying me any.

Buying a really cute skirt, then getting home and discovering that it looks like crap on me.

The necessity of frequent shaving during extended fem times.

The social stigma and lack of understanding.

My inability to find a supportive, enthusiastic companion.

That I can't work en femme.

I only wear stockings in winter, but still, runs make me crazy.

That I can't wear closed-toe pumps without crippling myself.

Garter belts with those pathetic plastic clasps that won't stay fastened.

Applying eyeliner, or worse, false lashes. I might as well be doing it with mittens on.

High heels that don't have proper arch support. And those annoying little ankle strap buckles.

Wigs that don't last as long as I think they should.

The scarcity of brazilian-cut panties.

That Kiss has apparently quit making the longer stick-on nail style.

That the necessity of beard cover mandates more makeup than I would prefer.

Clip-on earrings hurt after awhile.

Snagging stockings or a sweater with jewelry.

The wigs I want never come in large size. What's up with that?

Bright florescent lighting. If I had my way, we'd all be using 40 watt incandescent bulbs -- not to save energy, but cuz it makes me look better.

Mirrors that refuse to lie.

That I can't persuade the gurls in my area to come out of the closet enough to at least have a drink with me at the club.

So, Sheri, please, make yourself comfortable on the couch there and tell me slowly, exactly how long have you felt this way about your mother-in-law?

Quote Originally Posted by jillleanne View Post
    So, Sheri, please, make yourself comfortable on the couch there and tell me slowly, exactly how long have you felt this way about your mother-in-law?
    Oh thank God, finally someone to listen! Do you charge by the hour or the day?

lol, for you sweetie, it'll be free!!! (wink wink)

Mainly the fact that I can't do it nearly frequently enough to satisfy me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    The facial hair.
    I really hate shaving anymore...it's time to look into laser.
    I'm happy with my results, but if you have any gray don't expect to be completely smooth. I went from a salt-and-pepper beard to a patchy white beard. I can go a lot lighter on the makeup and my makeup now lasts all day. My dream of being able to go out with just a bit of lipstick and mascara is, alas, still a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Contessa View Post
    I have to agree with all of you on every point. It would seem that I wrote most of your posts. We need to figure out a way to meet on line in one of those Microsoft online meeting things. The most frustrating things I find is dressing and no where to go. Sunday I got dressed and walked directly out the door. I need for myself(Contessa) to shop for Contessa. As I dont need any male clothes. I (male self) did all of Contessa's shopping myself in male mode. I have almost completely lost my male self. But is shopping the only place CD's can go if not to a club. I don't go to clubs. Are we afraid to meet each other, I mean where we are not to far away from others? What can we do? Citywide, Statewide, and Nationwide.
    Some ladies do use meetup, etc. to get together, but for a newer person it can be very frustrating. I'm not into clubbing either, feeling that it introduces risks that I don't wish to take. We're a secret society that is so secret that we don't even acknowledge each other! Don't despair, though. You'll find a sister or two if you persevere.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Back zippers... honestly who thought that was a good idea some sort of contortionist?
    They were definitely invented by men...

Quote Originally Posted by KellyJameson View Post
    Lipstick on my teeth.
    Hate that too. I have one lipstick that I swear is able to leap across space onto my teeth. Another shade of the same brand stays put on my lips. Go figure.

And on to my frustration:

The realization that no matter what I do I'll very likely never be accepted as a female in ordinary social situations. I enjoy going out and I'm probably passable to any disinterested passerby, but in any close-up situation my presentation and self-confidence suffers. I was at a CD dinner a few months ago and by chance ended up seated in the middle of a group of GGs. That was so much fun, being able to sit and chat with a group of women who accepted me completely!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I Loved Those Blue Shoes crossIsFun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymousinmaryland View Post
    Getting UNdressed, of course!
    I concur to the fullest extent!
    FREE DRESSES!!! I've got Too Much Stuff!

Finding enough opportunities to dress.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I Loved Those Blue Shoes crossIsFun's Avatar

Smile

After my divorce, I could and can… dress whenever/however I want! I love it!

I actually confided in one of my best friends a little over a year ago about it. He didn’t believe me, cause in his eyes, I was the guy that could always go to the bar and pick up a chic.

The truth is that I had just got divorced and was trying my best to find myself.
    When I dress, I pick an outfit that I feel good, sexy, and awesome in, from the inside out… I don’t even think about the way people look at me. I dress a lot, I’m divorced and no SO, and work from home! Lol…

But my frustration, actually, comes from how good it makes me feel when I do dress. The reason is because I know how the majority of society looks at me if I were to ever go out in public. When I’m dressed, heels, everything, I feel from the inside out like the most beautiful sexy thing on this earth… but all of you know what the reality of that is.

I can’t go out unless I want to face some serious stares and judgment. It’s understandable though, I’m a very manly built athletic type guy… no way I could ever hope to pass at all.

But ever since I told that one friend of mine, all of my close friends eventually found out to where now, I’ve dressed in front of all of my closest friends here at the house. I have to say that there’s just something about having another person there to be in front of than by yourself. It really brings out some very cool feelings within yourself.

So… my biggest frustration about dressing? I guess it’s the fact I can’t just throw on my heels and a skirt set and head out to go to dinner. I guess I could… but I’m thinking that’s where the frustration starts to develop…

I love all of you here! For as many of us here that there are, I just can’t believe we’re not more organized as far as events and such go. I think it would be indescribable if about 10 to 20 of us decided to meet up at a central place, same hotel, and just all have fun being dressed in the things that we love to be dressed in… lol… crap, it’s all only clothes right??? (we all wish it was that simple)

Love all of you!!!
    FREE DRESSES!!! I've got Too Much Stuff!

Not having near anywhere's as much time as I would like to practice applying my make up. I am just soo envious of ladies who say they can do their complete make up in 10 minutes or under.

Sarah[SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

"Sport is for men.......But Ballet is for women" ---- George Balenchine

Doing my eye makeup. Now I can see why it takes so much practice.

I hate when my bra strap gets twisted, ugh!

Miriam
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggey View Post
    I have problems with the make up and that is lack of experience in doing so. There are clip on earings and then there are clip on earings. Some are very comfortable and others will start to hurt after a while. Finding shoes that fit right and trying to figure out if that size 12 or size 14 fits. then finding out the next thing you look at is size large and trying to figure out if that will fit......
    Oh yeah, know that one. I hated clip-ons. They hurt everytime I put them on. Finally went with my wife to Claire's so she could get a second set of holes in her head and I could get my first ones. Solved that problem, but had to blow off a few questions at the office ("Why not, just felt like it") but it's a lot easier when you point to all the 25 year olds as the example for this 50+ guy.

Shoes are more of a problem, very few nice shoes come in something like my 11 4E men's size, especially the higher heels. I don't know how anyone did this before the internet.

Miriam

My two biggest frustrations are my weight and makeup. Not being able to fit into a dress is one of the biggest frustrations I've had. My proportions don't match around the mid-section, even with a waist-cincher. I bought jeans that are size 10, but have to wear a size 16 dress. (I hate inconsistant sizing information).

Makeup irritates my eyes, leaving them red....even after just using Clinique products. I'd like to try going out more often, but the time to get ready and take off makeup is prohibitive; my eye strain just makes it that much more infrequent of an endeavor.

Oh, and finding an awesome dress....that requires dry cleaning....Ohhhh I hate that....

Mandy Marie