Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slightly weird

Slightly weird

My wife's more or less in the 'don't ask don't tell' corner these days. A while ago my 17yo daughter wanted a short showy black dress to wear to a 'do' and nothing quite did the trick. With her out of the room, I nervously cleared my throat and said 'I have something that might suit'. My reward was a hard stare. However, lo and behold out my daughter went - in the dress.

My daughter has no idea where this dress came from of course. A few days later I noted the dress had returned to its place on the hanger in my wardrobe. This weekend, my daughter wore the dress again - my wife saying nothing to me beforehand.

It looks good on my daughter (better than it does on me obviously) but it does give me a weird feeling seeing her in one of my dresses!
    --
    Jag (a name gifted me by another member)

yes that is kinda weird ---- funny..does your daughter know you dress ? This could get kinda nasty later if she finds out. Ouch..

Banned Read only
    I can certainly see how this would make you feel a little strange.

You will keep feeling weird. Or uneasy. Crossdressing does not blend with mainstream activities.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    If you feel weird now, it could bet really bad later depending on how reactions go. Best of luck.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Quote Originally Posted by larry View Post
    yes that is kinda weird ---- funny..does your daughter know you dress ? This could get kinda nasty later if she finds out. Ouch..
    Larry,

No she doesn't know. This is a bone of contention between myself and my wife... Whatever, there's no reason she should ever need to know that the dress was mine.
    Last edited by jaglover; 02-07-2012 at 02:10 PM. Reason: thought of something else.
    --

yeah I could see how that could be kind of weird. But if your daughter likes the dress then no harm done right? You and your 17rd old daughter wear the same size dress? I would be willling to be there will be some jealous girls on here.
    seriously though I hope everythng works out for you.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

Platinum Member
    you're a good father to share your things.

The nice part as I'd see it is you must be the same size as your daughter.
    [SIZE="3"]
    *** Barbie Lanai ***
    [/SIZE]

To be honest I think it is just nice.
    I hope that if your daughter finds out one day who the dress belongs to she will be O.K. with it.

I have a lovely daughter that if I ever come out to her I know she will be accepting.
    Daughters love there dads!

Must be a little strange though.

SUZY

Aspiring Member
    Years ago my in laws drove up from Alabama for a visit. On Sunday, when everyone was getting ready for church, there was a commotion from the guest bedroom. My MIL, who at that time was much bigger than my wife, had forgotten to pack the skirt that she was going to wear to church. She asked my wife if she had one that she could borrow. My wife came into our bedroom, gave me that look, and said in a quiet voice that she needed to borrow one of my skirts. In church I smiled every time I looked over at my MIL. Leanne

Gold Member
    Strange how ones clothes can get the best uses by others that know not where they came from
    Rader

That should be a feeling of Aw! You are not doing anything wrong and attatching guilt or weird to it is plain wrong, you have only helped out where Mom couldn't. Be proud you are a good provider!
    Fran

Well it is just clothes after all... the tricky part not being out to those people...its a really ironic situation. When I was totally private with this whole activity, I once saw my wife wearing one of my CDing items... I almost died of shock!...later I checked and sighed of relief as my clothing was still there.... she had not discovered anything, just happened to buy the same item. That was weird.
    Chickie

why feel weird you let here borrow it, she may even know its yours, i bet shes a smart girl. so just dont worrie about it.

Banned Read only
    I'd feel a lot weirder if my son asked to borrow one of my dresses!

I would not be a bit surprised if she did not figure it out already. Kids are very perceptive and also have a tendency to snoop around a little.

Also, you did not say what size you and your daughter are in relation to the dress size of your wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    Also, you did not say what size you and your daughter are in relation to the dress size of your wife.
    Ah, I see your point. Yes, the dress would have fitted my wife. It's certainly not her style by a long way and I'm guessing she probably told my daughter she'd bought it on a whim but never worn it or something like that.
    --

There is another way of looking at this situation. Your daughter needed an appropriate dress to wear to an occasion, and you provided it. I call that helping out a loved one.

Platinum Member
    Hi JL, My Grandaughter wanted something for something they were doing at school
    and my wife found what she wanted from my side of the closet it was just what she wanted
    she doesn't need to know it was her pop pop's.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Suddenly I See
    what? where am i? i don't recognize this planet...
    I once offered a sweater to my SO because she couldn't find anything that would work with her outfit, and I had something that would.... She is also in the Don't ask Don't tell club, and she considered it (to her credit) but declined to wear it.

In my mind sharing is a great thing to do - you weren't going to wear it that night, so why shouldn't your daughter enjoy the dress?

Hugs
    Kaylee

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barbie lanai View Post
    The nice part as I'd see it is you must be the same size as your daughter.
    Ding ding ding! That is definitely a nice note.

Before my daughter knew, she kept borrowing from my wife's "second closet". It was flattering as it meant I had some current fashion sense. But then I didn't get a few items back and it wasn't so fun anymore. I had to ask my wife to ask for "her" clothes back.

Isn't it amusing when frugality wins out over misgivings about crossdressing.

Yes, your wife could have taken your daughter shopping and bought a suitable dress, but she didn't. That, at least, is a tiny acceptance of you.

Telling one's children is always a tough call. I know that my daughters would be accepting of me, but I've chosen not to tell them at the moment because that saddles them with keeping my secret. That can wait for later on when they have moved on to independent lives of their own.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    You were being a good father, and your wife was helping both of you by providing the dress to your daughter for her to wear. My 2 children never knew that I was a CD while they were growing up. My late wife, who fully supported my CD activities, had decided not to tell them. I finally told them 2 years ago, several years after my wife had passed away. Neither one of them cares about how I dress, as long as I don't dress enfemme in front of them! And neither one of them could wear my clothes anyhow!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I have a different problem my daughter knows and borrows my things but if she likes them I don't get them back.

This is darn funny. I just keep laughing as I am typing. I will bet you have never wiped that smile off. hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Leanne2 View Post
    Years ago my in laws drove up from Alabama for a visit. On Sunday, when everyone was getting ready for church, there was a commotion from the guest bedroom. My MIL, who at that time was much bigger than my wife, had forgotten to pack the skirt that she was going to wear to church. She asked my wife if she had one that she could borrow. My wife came into our bedroom, gave me that look, and said in a quiet voice that she needed to borrow one of my skirts. In church I smiled every time I looked over at my MIL. Leanne