Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do your hormones show?

Do your hormones show?

So, I am at training this week right. It is a company thing and many sales and technical sales people from all over the world came in for it. I have been with this product line for 10 years and I know many of the of the people well. However I have not seen them in quite some time. It is great to see them and all but the comments I get are interesting.

The most common one is "have you lost weight?" It is true, I have lost weight since being on hormones, but it was only about 7 pounds. I always fluctuated between the 150 and 160 range and lately I have been at the lower end of 150. So I do not really see how they could notice the difference never mind remember it.

Some people just say "You look different, what is it?" I just mention the weight loss like everyone else does and it satisfies them.

Others don't even recognize me "Oh my God! I didn't even recognize you!" or "I didn't realize that was you!"

I have been on hormones for five and a half months now and I know I have been changing I just didn't realize how noticeable it has become. Fortunately I was wearing a loose golf shirt so my very small breasts were not noticeable.

I am curious, what have you all experienced post hormones with respect to others noticing things about you?
    - AF

Look girl, act girl, feel girl ... be girl.

Nobody has any problems recognizing me.

People have commented that I have lost weight.

I have been on hormones for almost 5 months and my breasts have grown. I am getting the breasts that are expected for a genetic woman my size. There is no way that I can hide my breasts right now, and when they fill out, it will not surprise me if they are F cup based on my measurements. However, I do have a masculine card with my basso profundo voice. So people tend to overlook my feminine figure.

Johanna (John)
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Banned Read only
    I have had similar experiences. I work with a lot of people that i only see in person occasionally, and several have commented that i look differrent- younger, thinner, etc. in fact i am about 15 lbs heavier ( and two bra sizes bigger!)

Silver Member
    Yes had a several comments in the early months of hrt -that I looked younger, lost weight, a few thought I was sick. My mom thought I was sick. Mostly I think it was skin, complexion. No problem with my breasts being to noticeable though - thats still not much of a problem

This just happened couple days ago, but it was by far the most funny, comedic, insightful and pleasing experience since beginning of this journey. I have been on medical hormones for 1 year and nearly 3 months post op FFS. I have been changing however since 3 years ago when I begun taking soy based hormones and supplements. My changes were never known to me as drastic because I was growing along with them and perhaps people around me did notice but as well seen me nearly everyday, however one person, a business associate I had put together few projects with did not see me for past 2 years and decided to stop by in my office with a new idea he wanted to share.
    I now live in my office and was helping with some paper work when Walter walked into the office.

You can imagine my surprised look, I was sure this is going to be interesting but failed to imagine how incredibly interesting it shall really be.
    "Is Robert in" he asked looking straight at me. I smiled, and since I was involved with prior discussion, I answered "can you give me a moment I will be done in a minute"
    He nodded and stepped outside to light a cigarette. I wasn't quite sure weather he put one and one together but so far seemed unaffected.
    As I wrapped up the previous engagement, he walked in, we were alone in the office. I told him to sit at the desk, he did so.

"So is Robert here....." he asked again, I looked into his eyes and realized I wasn't remotely familiar to him, "I am here" I answered.
    "Lady I know you are here, but I asked for Robert, please" Smile grew on my face, and feeling of reaffirmation flooded my psyche. "I am here" I repeated smiling ever more.
    "Lady I KNOW! you are here, but I am interested in speaking with Robert, I have a matter to discuss with him", by now I was nearly laughing but as well nervousness kept me from bursting into laughter.
    " I am Robert" I spoke, he looked at me, and laughed nervously, and paused a second then laughed again and paused, looked at me, gazing at my breasts repeatedly then at my face and suddenly his face shown the "Deer in the Headlamp" gaze.
    " I am Robert" I repeated with the smile. "I don't believe you, Robert was tall muscular guy, you are an attractive thin woman, no way, NO it can't be.....is it? "
    All I could do at this moment is smile from ear to ear, and no longer concentrating on the world around me after hearing what was said, "an attractive woman" WOW, what a way to arrive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Inna; 02-08-2012 at 01:27 AM.

Awesome! Good for you

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    I had a lot of people notice I was different and being on hormones made a big difference but everyone already knew I was transiting anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ReneeT View Post
    I have had similar experiences. I work with a lot of people that i only see in person occasionally, and several have commented that i look differrent- younger, thinner, etc. in fact i am about 15 lbs heavier ( and two bra sizes bigger!)
    Hahaha Renee. Love it.

My breast size has grown. A lady said my butt was getting bigger also.

I was very well known in my company and business...after about 3 months, i got alot of "did you lose weight comments"....i also got a number of "gaydar" hellos from guys that seemed to walk up to me randomly...

One time about 6 months in, i was invited to a spectacular gold outing at firestone country club...what i didnt know was that the included overnite stay was in basically a giant locker room, with side rooms of 4 beds each...i had to bunk with 3 guys!!! and basically live in a giant locker room... i was very nervous and basically wore my clothes in and out of the shower...luckily the weather was cool so i could wear my sweater vest or windbreaker...

oddly enough I have yet to get anything. however, I've noticed changes. Maybe I haven't ran into anyone who has not seen me long enough to notice change.
    I was told that I was "Way out there In left field", but I don't even know where that is.

Jess

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlyn Michele View Post
    I was very well known in my company and business...after about 3 months, i got alot of "did you lose weight comments"....i also got a number of "gaydar" hellos from guys that seemed to walk up to me randomly...

One time about 6 months in, i was invited to a spectacular gold outing at firestone country club...what i didnt know was that the included overnite stay was in basically a giant locker room, with side rooms of 4 beds each...i had to bunk with 3 guys!!! and basically live in a giant locker room... i was very nervous and basically wore my clothes in and out of the shower...luckily the weather was cool so i could wear my sweater vest or windbreaker...
    Wow- that sounds really stressful! Interesting comment about "gaydar". I have to assume that that's what people are thinking about me. If they only knew! They will soon enough!

Do my hormones show? Hmm? It took me 9 months to get A cups and 2 weeks to lose them.
    Everyone said your going to gain weight once you start hormones. It's hard to gain weight when you're losing muscle mass, still waiting for the fat on my hips, butt and boobs : /

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilrain View Post
    Do my hormones show? Hmm? It took me 9 months to get A cups and 2 weeks to lose them.
    Everyone said your going to gain weight once you start hormones. It's hard to gain weight when you're losing muscle mass, still waiting for the fat on my hips, butt and boobs : /
    If only i could be so lucky! I have gained on average 2 lbs for every month on hrt while losing lots of muscle. I am now getting serious about losing it though. I sure ope i dont lose my boobs too!

i was on hrmones a few years ago for about 6 months and yes people did notice a changes but didn't know what was going on so i would get funny looks and things like ypu look good did you lose weight are you working out
    the mood swings where the biggest thing that is why i stopped after reading what yougirks are saying here I want my hormones back
    Susan

Interesting about mood your mood swings, Susan. What I have observed is that I am not depressed anymore and have much more stable emotions, thanks to M2F HRT. My mood has improved so much that my wife strongly encourages me to stay on the HRT.

Renee, my weight is holding steady while I continue to decrease my caloric intake. I used to be able to lose weight easily when I was not on HRT. I guess the weight is shifting from my belly to my breasts, hips, and butt since the gut is going down.

Johanna (John)
    Last edited by JohnH; 02-14-2012 at 02:14 PM.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by susants View Post
    i was on hrmones a few years ago for about 6 months and yes people did notice a changes but didn't know what was going on so i would get funny looks and things like ypu look good did you lose weight are you working out
    the mood swings where the biggest thing that is why i stopped after reading what yougirks are saying here I want my hormones back
    Susan
    AHHHH WHERE'S THE PUNCTUATION!??!

I read your post and understood one interpretation of it that I was going to comment on. But then I read it again and read something totally different... Please use punctuation... please!

Unexpected Woman Empress Lainie's Avatar
    I have been on HRT for 13 months now. I have lost 3 inches in my waist and gone from 44-43-42 to 42-40-42 with full 42B. But since I have been f/t since July 2007,with female ID and living as such, no one has seemed to notice any change. However in 2009 Christmas I went to church where a pastor I had known 12 yrs befoe was and whose children I taught flute and trumpet to; I asked to see him after church privately. I said: "Do you know me?" He said: "No." I then said: "I used to teach your kids trumpet and flute." He said: "When did this happen?" so we had further conversation. His Lutheran Church had a notice on the bulletin board in the Narthex, that they are a diversity congregation.
    [SIZE=2]Ascended Ancient[/SIZE]

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bree_K View Post

I read your post and understood one interpretation of it that I was going to comment on. But then I read it again and read something totally different... Please use punctuation... please!
    Apologies in advance for this one.

...and they say women are better at English, spoken and written...!

SORRY!

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristin A View Post
    Apologies in advance for this one.

...and they say women are better at English, spoken and written...!

SORRY!
    I'm actually pretty bad at vocabulary, spelling, grammar, punctation, etc... lol.... but I try my best to write legibly (*nudge nudge* other people learn something ). And I LOVE ellipses... can't take those away from me even if they aren't used correctly! :P

Quote Originally Posted by susants View Post
    Susan
    Quote Originally Posted by translation
    A few years ago I took hormones for 6 months. Mood swings were the biggest reason for stopping them. People noticed changes and said things like you look good, did you lose weight are you working out but did not know the real reason why. I want to go back on them.
    At least that is what I came away with from the post.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy777 View Post
    At least that is what I came away with from the post.
    That's what I thought at first... but then when I re-read it I read the last part as

Quote Originally Posted by translation
    After reading what the girls on this forum wrote, I wanted MY (as in naturally produced) hormones back
    I was pretty sure she meant your translation, but was hoping for clarification before I wasted my time writing up this big thing... which basically boiled down to:

If you don't like how you felt on hormones and you quit, then obviously hormones weren't for you. You didn't NEED them. They were more of a fun toy but you couldn't deal with the extremely minor side effects.

I can't transition at my present job. I wear black suits, but I'm starting to show in my single breasted ones. I can only go to Sandy Hook or Fire Island to the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by morgan pure View Post
    I can only go to Sandy Hook or Fire Island to the beach.
    My topless beach days are over! Looking for a an appropriate swim suit for this summer and I have to choose my beaches carefully!!
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

...before I wasted my time writing up this big thing...
    So Bree, replying to posts are a waste of your time, why do you do it then? Just curious

Quote Originally Posted by morgan pure View Post
    I can't transition at my present job. I wear black suits, but I'm starting to show in my single breasted ones. I can only go to Sandy Hook or Fire Island to the beach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelsy View Post
    My topless beach days are over! Looking for a an appropriate swim suit for this summer and I have to choose my beaches carefully!!
    Yea, I am at an interesting stage here. I wont be topless anywhere either. I even stopped doing some of the activities I did with my guy friends because I can't wear a sports bra with out it being obvious and I can't go without one as they visibly show through a sweaty t-shirt.

I suppose I could get away with calling them man boobs, but as a runner I tend to have minimal body fat and they look a bit out of place.
    - AF

Look girl, act girl, feel girl ... be girl.