Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: have you seen this gender test

have you seen this gender test

I found this gender test for my Combined Gender Identity And Transsexuality Inventory on the web
    http://transsexual.org/cogiati/index.php?lang=en

I scored the following result:

COGIATI result value is: 140 Which means that you fall within the following category:
    COGIATI classification FOUR, PROBABLE TRANSSEXUAL

Who would have firgured?

Love to hear how others fared and their thoughts on the matter

Depends on what age group you give the test to. I found that my answer would vary depending on how old I was when the particular situation stated theoretically takes place. Like most things of it's type, it's a test designed to save a psychologist time from actually talking to you. Like most IQ tests, it's pretty useless in the real world.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

First I would like say thanks, this was a very interesting and learning test, I came out with a classification 3, Androgyne. My internel gender is both Male and Female and I find happiness expressing both male or female qualities. God, this sounds spot on. I really don't mind being male but I find many female attributes to be more appealing....

This has been around for quite some time, there is some question as to its accuracy but it is amusing to do. Some of the questions and recomendations can be valuable in self evaluation. My score was -50 Classification 3, Androgyne.

If you pretend you cant drive or count, or pretend to be stupid/insipid you score much higher towards female on the COGIATI.
    The test has a very outdated male targeted view on femininity.
    Last edited by Miranda-E; 02-08-2012 at 08:22 PM.

yeah this gets asked and keeps re-appearing... if anyone is interested here are some of the previous threads...
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...archid=1920606
    [CENTER] Be sure the brain is engaged, before putting the mouth into gear

[SIZE="3"]Sam and I Are Now Together[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I also ended up with 3 androgynous, I think it's quite fitting

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda-E View Post
    If you pretend you cant drive or count, or pretend to be stupid/insipid you score much higher towards female on the COGIATI.
    The test has a very outdated male targeted view on femininity.
    Thank you, I noticed that too.

The quiz isn't geared toward FtM's, but I guess it doesn't matter much because I scored as neither or both genders: -40, androgyne. No surprise there, I have to say it's accurate for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa Storrs
    My score was -50 Classification 3 Androgyne.
    I guess we're pretty much two sides of the same coin. Yay, sister! ...er, sibling!
    Last edited by Andy66; 02-08-2012 at 09:43 PM. Reason: It's just part of my dorky charm.

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    result -185... oh well.. like I care
    Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator):
    What we do in this life, echoes in eternity..

You can fine me here on Facebook!

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    It is rather dated and stilted. Scored -50 androgyne.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Took it a year ago, over 200 & class 4. Took it today, 270 class 4.
    I wouldn't think myself in such dire need of counseling.
    I feel just fine as an andro male. Most of the time.

Results 70 and classification 3 Androgyny and I like that I especially agree with the part that said I would be happier not with a full transition, because I would love to live mostly female and partial change would be enjoyable.

I've run across this test. As was stated earlier this has come up here before. It is pretty well understood that there are some problems with the test. I also agree that it adopts a male centered view of femininity. The creator was an amateur who admits to it not being a scientific test. All that being said I scored 75, category 3 andodyne. I'm not sure whether this is true of myself or if transsexual is more accurate. That is the major issue I'm trying to determine for myself at this time. The test was an interesting exercise.

AnitaH
    I am becoming a butterfly emerging from a cocoon, I am ready to spread my wings, I have found my voice again for I am holding my head high and I am taking my power back.

“It is never too late to become what you might have been.” ~ George Eliot

HTTP://anitafog.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/anitah.fog

Quote Originally Posted by joanna marie View Post
    I found this gender test for my Combined Gender Identity And Transsexuality Inventory on the web
    http://transsexual.org/cogiati/index.php?lang=en

I scored the following result:

COGIATI result value is: 140 Which means that you fall within the following category:

Who would have firgured?

Love to hear how others fared and their thoughts on the matter
    I did taht test some time ago but see issues; nonetheless, it is fun so I did it again just now. I scored a 15, androgyne, no surprise to me.

-245. Classification 2, Feminine male. About right, I suppose. I wish I could do math better.

this test was made up by a TS lady who is a computer programer. she has no training in psychology. take it for fun if you like but do not put any stock in it.

-300, about right I guess, and about as masculine as it could be given the questions lol.

The test means nothing. Zilch. It is not a reflection of the broad spectrum of humanity in any way.
    we are all like snowflakes....every one of us is different. there is no set stereotype.

The Benjamin scale as posted by Reine in an earlier thread is more definitive and accurate but is not a test. It is a classification tool. BTW this topic comes up often.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_scale

just took it again for fun 290 the first time i took it a year and a half ago i think i scored a 70 LOL

70 and classification 3 Androgyny. Some interesting questions though.
    [SIZE="3"]
    *** Barbie Lanai ***
    [/SIZE]

My score was a big fat 0, which I thought was appropriate. (Story of my life, etc., etc.) My question at the end of it was, Is this a measure of the way I really am, or is it more a measure of the way I see myself? I think it's probably the latter.

For a group of people who are constantly trying to "be ourselves" I continue to be amazed at the propensity for us to persistantly allow others to define us.

Oh and I'm just not even going to go there on how almost EVERY one of these tests (especially the "self" tests) is so riddled with bias that you may as well decide what you want to "score" and not bother with the test. The technical name is "response bias". Look it up.

One thing I felt objectionable was the obvious attempt to classify science and math as a strictly male interest. I've known a number of very talented women who were as good or better in these areas as any male if they were educated in those areas, something that has only started to happen pretty recently.
    (Incidentally, I scored 45 - Androgynous)
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

This is my score;

Your COGIATI result value is: 170 Which means that you fall within the following category: