Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dressing and music

Dressing and music

Do you listen to music when you dress? Does the type of music you listen to in guy mode change when you get into girl mode? Any particular songs / artists get you in fem. mode? Just discovering Kelly Clarkson, i like her a lot, her new song STRONGER is great!

Will this void warranty? Anna Talyn's Avatar
    I tend to give myself a little more slack and listen to more pop, dance or chick rock when in girl mode. Beyonce's Love on top caught my ears recently.

What ever musac is playing at the mall! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

A lot of the music I listen to is already quite "girly" so when I'm dressing up that usually doesn't change. =P
    Back on the forums! But still very much closeted.

Music is a very big part of my life. Whenever I dress I always find some time at the piano and it is always J. S. Bach that I play. Bach always has a way of resetting my mind and making me feel comfortable. I'm not the only one, Shostakovich, even though he was a very modern composer, started every day with one hour playing Bach at his piano.

I listen to the same type of music in guy or girl mode. I love classical music and do love getting dressed while listening to Beethoven.

Any girls in Omaha?
    Two of my faves right now are "Hey (7th heaven club mix 2k11) by Milk n Sugar vs. Via Con Dias, and "Gossip" by Heavy Cross. I just use YouTube like a jukebox so you can check them out there and see if you like em.

Not usually but I like to dance to music after I dress. Either at home or at the club.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I don't find that the type of music I listen to changes when I dress. Why should it? If I like something en femme, I'll still like it en femme? But, I do listen to a broader range of music than your average boring vanilla straight guy, so maybe that's how my femme side shows its appreciation for muse.

I will say that when I am dressed, I [I]appreciate/I] music more. Maybe it's the heightened sensual experience I have when I am dressed, but I do find that songs that my man side is jaded towards take on a new light when I am out dressed. For example, Ratt's "Round & Round" came on while I was out driving the other day. Normally, I would skip to the next station, but at that time, the 80s metal vibe made me think of stiletto heels, bright lipstick, and big hair. It seemed like the perfect choice. (:
    "She ain't waiting 'til she gets older, her feet are makin' tracks in the winter snow.
    She got a rainbow that touches her shoulder, she be headed where the thunder rolls."

-Van Halen, "Secrets"

Dude looks like a lady by Arrowsmith LOL, or Jane's Addiction "It's a Man". Or sometimes just good old fashion ass kicking whiskey drinking biker music.

Banned Read only
    Have you girls heard of a band called Star ****ers? You tube the song German Love by them!

I listen to the music I listen to any other time. I'm a stickler with music, if I hate it in guy mode, I'll hate it dressed.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    My music comes on after I am dressed, and can drink my wine and admire "things." I get too focused while dressing and trying out makeup to listen to music right now, but i do get relaxed and can let it all flow together when finished.. Like all music, but right now am on a Zac Brown and Josh Turner kick. Just love Andreus Vollenweider (screwed up spelling for sure) and his electric harp. Give it a try.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Veruca Salt, Queen, Early John Foxx (doesn't seem to fit but i like i for some reason)
    Also: Christina Pluhar- search 'un ame italienne'; roberta invernizzi, vivica geneaux - baroque opera- awesome voices

I am always listening music, obsessively <3 my tastes doesn't change, but I'll tend to trip hop, jazz and blues while en femme. (lately I've been specially enjoying an album where Solex meets Jon Spencer. hot!)
    [SIZE="1"]It is fatal to be a man or woman pure and simple: one must be a woman manly, or a man womanly. — Virginia Woolf[/SIZE]

Just a man in a skirt xd-tigger's Avatar
    Well I'm into the punk/hardcore punk/horror punk and metal-core genre's when in guy mode. This doesn't change when I dress,. You gots to love you some horror punk
    Bouncing is what tiggers do best.
    I'm not a girl. I'm a man in a skirt.

A night by myself, with freshly painted toe-nails pointing through bubbles in a hot bath (with a glass of red wine) - it has to be Vivaldi. When dressed and flouncing around my apartment it has to be ABBA, although if my make-up is a bit of a mess, the Cramps sometimes feels appropriate.

Alice OMG!!!, ABBA!!..... never in guy mode but en fem. yes! Try Katy Perry The One That Got Away.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by aliceeliot View Post
    A night by myself, with freshly painted toe-nails pointing through bubbles in a hot bath (with a glass of red wine) - it has to be Vivaldi. When dressed and flouncing around my apartment it has to be ABBA, although if my make-up is a bit of a mess, the Cramps sometimes feels appropriate.
    I LOVE the Cramps!!!

Great question...
    I think that I have been dressing to some degree so long that over the years, i have connected dressing with what ever music was popular for the day. Love the 80s when i started, classic rock, hard rock, and a bit of bluegrass too. It is a mood thing, what music i choose when dressed...
    [SIZE="3"]Amy[/SIZE]

I love to light some insence, candles and put some smooth jazz on.

For me I pretty much listen to whatever I'm in the mood for. I mostly like music that I can dance to though. It helps me loosen up a bit.
    -Jenna

Best one in my books is "Alors on Danse". It is great to practice your 4-5 inch
    heels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pKrVB5f2W0

Failing that, for you lot that use Spotify... Spotify has this one....
    Allez! On Danse Alors - 50 French Sax Club Hits
    Google is your friend!

/Johanna

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF3plyPtIKw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sej1cBKj77k

The first song in particular describes (not necessarily the lyrics, but the entire feel and essence of the song) my inner feeling and state most of the time.

I like and always have the heavier stuff or hard rock as some might say but i do like my chick music as i call it .But do not tell anyone lol !!! PS Katy perry love her music and her clothes !
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo