Thread: Different Observations (Realization after SuperBowl Ads)

Different Observations (Realization after SuperBowl Ads)

Catching myself thinking differently more and more as time goes on....

While watching the SuperBowl ads, most co-workers mentioned how beautiful the woman in the flower ad was. I agree, but I actually caught myself watching that ad thinking things like "I wonder what brand nylon stocking she's wearing" or "those shoes are really sexy" and even "Wow, her eyebrows are perfect, wish I could get away with have mine like that." Thinking it, not saying it, so I stayed out of trouble (ha, ha).

Even when watching the nightly news, my wife might make a statement about what one of the female anchors is wearing, and I'll make a nice comment too. She says that I've become more observant lately. I just tell her that the fem side is coming out more....she laughs (but I realize some of the dressing still needs to be done in private to make her comfortable).

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    those comments sound awfully familiar! My wife and I were watching Grey's Anatomy last week, and she liked Sandra Oh with bangs and I didn't, strange to think this way but it's all good.

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    I often look at a beautiful woman in much the same way. There was a woman at the grocery store last week who had just come from the gym. I swear she was the reason spandex yoga capris were designed. Every guy that walked by her did a double-take (she knew it and enjoyed it!). I did the same thing, however I was wondering where she bought those cute capris...I did find some similar; they don't look quite the same on me, but I do like them.
    Oh yeah, I did also very much enjoy the way she rocked that outfit,,,I may be a crossdresser, but I am still a man!
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

When ever I go to a movie or watch tv I'm always looking to see what majkeup they are using and what purses they carry and shoes..... Dresses....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Aspiring Member
    Usually the only time I think in those terms is when I see a woman with a pair of killer spiked heels.
    The majority of the time I'm just enjoying the woman for herself. I could never compete with a gg, sexy or otherwise and I don't try to.
    I'm just happy when I can be "me" for a time.

FeelingFem, I'm always examining a womans makeup to see what i can add / learn from the way they do it.

A week or so ago, I had lunch with one of my TG friends. We were in drab, and it was the first time we had ever met as our male selves. It was a nice day so after lunch we talked outside where they had tables. As we talked, attractive women would come and go. We would first look, smile then comment about something she was wearing, or her hair or makeup. Something like "pretty girl to your left, and look at those shoes!" . I think it really shows just how much appreciation we have for the female form. Problem is that now I can't see a beautiful woman without wondering if I could pull off that look!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yes, that was a pretty hot ad. I found myself thinking that I wish I was anywhere near that pretty.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Life is what happens while you're making other plans

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    I look at the fashion, and think about the clothes more than the model wearing the clothes. Is it because we have fashion sense, or because we like and want to wear the clothes? Each to there own!
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Kate Beckinsale in a form fitted PVC suit, a black corset, and heels. I wish I had that figure, the clothes I can sort out on my own. :-)
    Crysten

"Addicted to Victoria's Secret".

It's amazing that the ideas and observations on this thread are all so much in line and alike. Even the thing that the wives/so's share. And I thought my wife and I were the only couple in America critquing wardrobe and make up on the ads and other media shows. Small world ain't it?

Fran

Follow your dream.
    I am generalizing, but I think most crossdressers look at an attractive female in a more respectful manner. Theres a mixture of admiration and good old fashion male oggling.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I always look at what women are wearing. My wife and I will be somewhere or watching TV and I'll mention an outfit or look that a certain woman will have and she'll say that she didn't notice. But I always do.
    Dana Ryan

I complemented a co-worker on her hair changes one day. I always notice these things. I feel them, sometimes before they even happen.

Some time later the time and place was right for her to ask me, without sounding too out-of-line...

"I know you're straight. But you're just gay enough... wish I met you before I was married."

Yeah, she was drunk.

Crysten....

Your comments on Kate Beckinsale resounded with me. I found her supremely amazing even before I ever saw an interview of her behaving naturally as herself.

The way she speaks... (and I didn't know she was british, or had that accent) and the way she carries herself... first class, beautiful, intelligent, and sexy all the way.

You can just tell.

She beats the pants off any of those victoria's secret models, any day.

In an alternate reality, in another dimension, a former lifetime, and a galaxy far, far away... She and I are both girls and kiss.
    Often.

Talking That about sums it up for me

Quote Originally Posted by Jill Devine View Post
    I am generalizing, but I think most crossdressers look at an attractive female in a more respectful manner. Theres a [greater] mixture of admiration [now that I know I'm CD/BI/TG, whatever(?),] and [even moreso] good old fashion male oggling [for the identical reason].

That about sums it up for me; so thanks, Jill, for letting me borrow your post to describe where I'm at in the overall scheme of things!

My SO and I haven't reached that level of agreement, yet, where we will/can talk about those beautiful creatures - their makeup, clothing, shoes, et al., - that I can now call, "sisters!"

Silver Member
    The woman in the commercial was quite beautiful (was she the Overstock.com lady?) but as a stockings aficionado I noticed her garters most; I was a bit disappointed to see garters were plastic and rather small and flimsy to support stockings. I am probably the only one who saw that commercial and thought of that, but it was still quite sexy anyway

You mean Adriana Lima? Ohhhhh, yes. As soon as it aired it brought me right back to the 'do I want her or do I want to be her' question in my mind. She's so much prettier when she's not scowling like in the VS ads.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

While watching the SuperBowl ads, most co-workers mentioned how beautiful the woman in the flower ad was. I agree, but I actually caught myself watching that ad thinking things like "I wonder what brand nylon stocking she's wearing" or "those shoes are really sexy" and even "Wow, her eyebrows are perfect, wish I could get away with have mine like that."
    I've watched that flower ad several times thinking the same thoughts

when I see the T-mobile girl I'm watching the way she walks in her heels and how the dress floats aroubd her

Today I watched a twenty something walk down the street wearing a short LBD wearing red flats
    and I was more interested in what color and type of purse she was carrying then just looking at her

Quote Originally Posted by Gillian Gigs View Post
    I look at the fashion, and think about the clothes more than the model wearing the clothes. Is it because we have fashion sense, or because we like and want to wear the clothes? Each to there own!
    For me its because I want to wear the clothes!

Quote Originally Posted by darci.c View Post
    Crysten....

Your comments on Kate Beckinsale resounded with me. I found her supremely amazing even before I ever saw an interview of her behaving naturally as herself.

The way she speaks... (and I didn't know she was british, or had that accent) and the way she carries herself... first class, beautiful, intelligent, and sexy all the way.

You can just tell.

She beats the pants off any of those victoria's secret models, any day.

In an alternate reality, in another dimension, a former lifetime, and a galaxy far, far away... She and I are both girls and kiss.
    Often.
    Darci, you are so right about Kate Beckinsale. She is just a true classy lady with a killer body and accent along with an awesome sense of fashion

All the posts were great. Thanks for sharing.

I posted in a different section tonight about the 1940's fashions in a Fringe, Season 2 (TV Show) episode called Brown Betty. My wife and I both loved the look. She could tell that I loved everything about it (hair style, makeup, clothes and shoes). I know there's zero hope of me competing with a GG, but it sure is nice to dream and make believe <smile>. I'd love to see the 1940's styles come back again. I think it started to come back a few years back, but then it seemed to fade pretty quickly.

On a similar note, I'm thrilled to see more and more women wearing stockings or pantyhose. I've noticed so many styles on women at work or at the mall where I can say (to myself of course) "she bought those at Silkies" or "oh, those have to be Wolfords," etc. I love stocking and pantyhose, so that's become a little bit of a game. Too bad I can't ask and find out if I was correct <ha, ha>. I'd love to know my accuracy percentage.

When it comes to the T Mobile Girl, and while she is amazing,her outfits catch even more attention. Here is what I found posted on a lot of different sites about her.

" We uncovered some info on the T-Mobile girl and her series of gorgeous dresses for you. The actress, Carly Foulkes, is a model who hails from Canada and the dresses she wears are designed by Debra LeClair, the stylist who worked on the T-Mobile commercial campaign. As of yet, neither the dresses nor the design are available to the masses. Boo! "