Thread: She stopped me from dressing. [Not for the faint hearted]

She stopped me from dressing. [Not for the faint hearted]

My daughter-in-law’s little 18 month old girl had a terrible cold last week.
    But like all kids of that age they carry on like nothing is wrong. But Ruby’s little nose was producing runny slippery yuk from both nostrils at an alarming rate!
    And it was all over her little hands as I held her. Then I opened my mouth to say something and at that moment a little fist flew up into my mouth!

Two days latter and I am in bed with the terrible cold. I have never felt less like dressing.
    I even realised as I lay there in a stupor that I was wearing boxer shorts instead of my usual silk panties!

Thanks Ruby! [You wonderful little bundle of fun]

SUZY
    Last edited by suzy1; 02-09-2012 at 04:15 PM.

Aspiring Member
    when you survive that nasty cold you may live longer for it !

It's all fun and games til someone gets a fist in the mouth...lol

Joanna
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be who you are...not who you think I want you to be

Yeah, kid's are biological factories devoted to spreading colds and generating as much mucus as possible. (EEEWWW!!)

I caught a nasty sinus cold right after Christmas, compliments of my youngest grandson who is 11. Nothing as unpleasant as your experience, Suzy, he was just sneezing a lot and at 11 tends to not wash his hands enough, and I got his cold.

Go change your lingerie, it may help you feel better.

Get better soon!

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Platinum Member
    Ruby is such a pretty name...its my Mom's name too!

suzy, I am living the same nightmare with my 5 year-old grandson at this very moment, as I am helping to take care of him while he and our daughter are living with us temporarily following the recent break-up of her marriage.

He has had a cold since the weekend - hacking cough, fever, runny nose - the works. He's gradually getting better, but it's a real struggle to get him to take his medicine because like most children, he has a hair trigger gag response. I'll spare you the gruesome details...

Anyway, today he inadvertently coughed hard twice in my face, and it happened so fast and unexpectedly that all I could do was cringe at the thought of all those germs raining down on me. So far, I've managed to dodge that bullet, but now the countdown begins in earnest. I'm giving it 3 days max. before I'm a mess myself.

He's in kindergarten for half-days at the moment, and at this time of the year, these places (and daycare) are just giant petri dishes as far as I'm concerned...

I'm planning to take "Leslie" day tomorrow and do some shopping before the proverbial excrement hits the ventilator. D%&n! - I hate how a runny nose makes my make up run...
    Last edited by Leslie Langford; 02-09-2012 at 04:33 PM.

Hope you are feeling better soon.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Your granddaughter must have fast hands!! And of course she had no idea what was on those hands!! Hope you feel better soon, so you can get back to dressing properly!! Boxer shorts.................?????
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

thats really not for weak hearted but better that than something (else) landing in there .

Silver Member
    I sympathize, Suzy. I've still got some bronchitis from the cold I've had over the past couple of weeks. Misery. Hope it clears soon.

Lea

Sorry to hear that SUZY. Gotta luv kis though. Bill Cosby described that look as a "Glazed Dognut Monster".

Here is something to cheer you up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me1Ndm5XHD4

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    Kids are just little mobile petri dishes harboring every virus known to man kind, But their little kisses are so worth the 14 days of cold like symptoms.
    Just and older girl trying to experience all that life can bring.
    "Life is not a dress rehearsal"

hope you feel better soon

Ugh...that's terrible. But she doesn't know any better . Get well soon!

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    You have to have them to appreciate all they bring. Just getting over my bout with my grandson's cold, which for some reason he did not give to my wife, and we babysit 3 days a week. Go figure

Get well soon and keep a supply of liquids available (and that doesn't mean water...)

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

I'm so happy that my youngest is 17. But then there's always grandkids to look forward to.

Feel better soon Suzy!
    https://www.facebook.com/josee.k.moore
    On my way to being whole.
    Jessica Katherine Moore

Aren't kids great, the gift that keeps on giving. I'm sure you'll both have a great laugh about this when she is older.
    I like my closet, its where all my clothes are

Gold Member
    Nightgowns Suzy! This is the time to baby yourself. Hot baths with lots of bubbles. Lay around watching the tube and eating bon-bons. Do you have one of those massagers that you can sit in a chair? Rub those achy muscles. I would say to burn some candles or potpourri, but you may not smell it.

Get better quickly!

Lol my mom said every time I was sick, I acted like I was dying. I'm still like this.

If it makes you feel better I had a friends kid vomit on a silk blouse once. Then, her kid felt really bad about it...which, I thought was interesting. I didn't really know kids could feel bad about throwing up on clothes. So, I just said, "Don't worry about it...it was ugly anyway."

I hope you feel better!
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

I started to watch my grandson about a year ago and OMG I got three colds that first year. They are so cute but they are full of germs but its worth it. Only two so far this year.
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom" Anais Nin.

Live, Laugh, and Love Yourself!

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar
    Ya just gotta love the little ones. Hope you feel well soon and get back to your pretty self.
    I want to be this girl!