Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crossdressers at the mall

This has been my first real time out in skirts. I look pretty femme to start with, apparently. But we're in palm springs and the area on a trip. Two full days of shopping in long and pretty short skirts, no one cares. Lots of smiles and positive comments on my very cute new shoes. And yes, no issues trying things on.

I was at the mall on Monday, was shopping for my wifes valentines present. I was wearing tennis shoes, yoga pants, t-shirt, breast forms, makeup, earrings and rings, nails were painted a bright pink and even a womens coat with a scarf, the place was packed with older people walking and nobody said anything, even had a nice conversation with a sales lady when I purchased her present. Then that night I changed into womens jeans and a pullover shirt while the wife and me went for dinner and a walk through the mall together.

I beleive confidence is the key to going anywhere and everywhere enfem. I live in northern wyoming and shop here and southern montanna and find little or no resistance perhaps a few looks but no problems so far I've been going out and about for over a year now shopping restaurants bookstores etc. I even found a tattoo parlor that is very accepting even has a T working there. The wig shop I go to has been great. All around merchants just want our business and the public for the most part has a life of thier own. I am aware that could change at some point but so far so good. Funniest reaction was in a bookstore from a young sales lady when she addressed me as "mam er sir er whatever you are?" I got a good laugh out of that, it wasn't said hurtfully.

Not a bit surprised
    I spent 2 hours in the mall with my wife dressed in a school uniform and not one person gave me a second glance, not sure if I was happy or sad, although I had read somewhere that it's best to go out in busy enviroments so as not to stand out too much.

I think there are so many women out there that dress like men, and even look questionable in terms of their sex, it has become easier to blend in. I guess I'm not a blender though, I always where heels red lips, eyeliner, and a short dress, with long blonde hair, and get a lot of looks, but I'm confident i my look, and don't think they are lookingat a man dressed as a woman, but as a woman that likes to look like a woman

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    When I feel like going to the Mall, I go! Doesn't matter how I am dressed! I dress to please myself, not the rest of the public. As long as I am decently covered, that is all that counts! BTW, when I am dressed enfemme (whiuch is a great deal of my time) I still look like a man with no wig or makeup! And the amazing thing is that no one pays any attention to me!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Platinum Member
    what's really cool is that the CD and wife were together. That's wonderful. I've seen fellow CDs out shopping and at the same grocery where I shop. Its good to know we aren't alone!

I can say that I have seen some sisters. At the MOA a few weeks back there was a group and they were having a blast. I almost had the courage to introduce myself but with the family along that would be too much.

Then at a local Cub foods there was a sister working the register. To my surprise my wife talked and complimented her and treated her just like an old aquantince.

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn7778 View Post
    For those who shop en femme, I guess I'm not surprised that most people just go about their business and leave you alone, but do you ever have issue with the sales people and/or store management? Do you try things on? And if so, how do you go about that and how has it been received? I've gotten more comfortable shopping for myself, but always in drab, and have found the biggest issue is not being able to try anything on, so I have to go back to the store to exchange or return it after trying on at home.
    I've never had any problem with either management or sales people. I'm much less concerned about them than the public in general because they have company guidelines to go by which probably are something like "Do anything to sell stuff." As long as I present reasonably well they are very unlikely to cause me a problem.

Try things on? Of course! That's the absolute best thing about shopping en femme! You do whatever the GGs are doing. One thing I've learned is to dress in clothes that make shopping easier, because they'e going to come off a few times in the dressing room. Flats, jeans, and a simple top that can be easily removed over a wig is a good shopping outfit. Once you shop en femme you won't want to do it any other way!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    I've never had any problem with either management or sales people. I'm much less concerned about them than the public in general because they have company guidelines to go by which probably are something like "Do anything to sell stuff." As long as I present reasonably well they are very unlikely to cause me a problem.

Try things on? Of course! That's the absolute best thing about shopping en femme! You do whatever the GGs are doing. One thing I've learned is to dress in clothes that make shopping easier, because they'e going to come off a few times in the dressing room. Flats, jeans, and a simple top that can be easily removed over a wig is a good shopping outfit. Once you shop en femme you won't want to do it any other way!
    Thanks! It may take some doing, but now I'm going to have to get up the nerve to go shopping en femme!
    "It's not where you take things from - it's where you take them to." -- Jean-luc Godard

I love going shopping en femme. I think I pass and I guess that is all that matters. As everyone else has said, go out, act like you own the place and have fun!!

I keep seeing advice to go out, go to the mall, etc., nobody will notice, but then I read threads where "I saw another CDer at the mall today."

Some people are going to notice unless you are really passable. Many will not pay attention, but some folks will sit and watch the other people walk by. They may go home and post on a web forum.

The real question you have to ask yourself is "Do I care if someone identifies me as a crossdresser?"

My answer at this point in my life is, I would rather they not, but as long as they don't know me, it's OK. If it's a friend or neighbor or someone I will interact with in the future, it would really bother me.

I'm sure other CDers feel differently, some are out 24/7, some never leave the house.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda